View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 226 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1261762162222232242252262272282292302362763267261226 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 21672
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    That Hawkman omni is such a great read. Enjoy it!

Where'd you find the Kingdom Come Absolute? Anywhere specific I should be looking? Thanks.
    eBay found a decently priced copy after keeping an eye out for a couple months

Just finished Absolute Batman Incorporated, nice having Burnham doing all the art and no fill-ins. Overall a very nice book, hopefully they do the rest of Morrison Batman in absolute form.

BANNED

i've just read that the Absolute Y the Last Man that's being released in June will only be the first 20 issues???
    Is this normal? That is a ridiculously low amount of issues for the price considering the Deluxe costs.

Really disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    i've just read that the Absolute Y the Last Man that's being released in June will only be the first 20 issues???
    Is this normal? That is a ridiculously low amount of issues for the price considering the Deluxe costs.

Really disappointed.
    There are a lot of $100 Absolutes that just collect 12 or 13 issues, so a $125 Absolute edition collecting 20 issues isn't bad at all.

Really disappointed.
    20 issues is the higher end of what an absolute edition will collect. Each volume of Sandman was 18-19 issues. Top Ten (which I believe has the highest page count of any absolute) collects 18 issues plus one graphic novel.

Because of all the extras, and because the paper is so thick, they still end up being thicker than your average marvel omnibus.

It's a low value compared to the deluxes because absolutes have never been about value. They are all about prestigious presentation. They have the highest cost per issue of any format, usually at least $5.00 an issue. Absolute JLA/Avengers has an msrp of $100 and collects only 4 issues ($25 per issue!)
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 01-17-2015 at 08:56 PM.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Really disappointed.
    Absolutes are a top tier format with top quality production. They've always carried a high price.
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    20 issues is the higher end of what an absolute edition will collect. Each volume of Sandman was 18-19 issues. Top Ten (which I believe has the highest page count of any absolute) collects 18 issues plus one graphic novel.

Because of all the extras, and because the paper is so thick, they still end up being thicker than your average marvel omnibus.

It's a low value compared to the deluxes because absolutes have never been about value. They are all about prestigious presentation. They have the highest cost per issue of any format, usually at least $5.00 an issue. Absolute JLA/Avengers has an msrp of $100 and collects only 4 issues ($25 per issue!)
    While I really love Absolute Editions, Dark Horse's "Absolutomnibus" (or "Omnilutes") are giving DC a run for their money. Colossal Conan and Big Damn Sin City are the same size as an Absolute, with thick paper, ribbon and spectacular binding. Conan is $150 for 1264 color pages and Big Damn Sin City is $100 for 1360 (mostly) black and white pages. The only thing they are lacking is the slipcase.

They both are living proof that Absolute Editions could be way cheaper.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heatvision View Post
    My birthday haul finally came in the mail.

Attachment 15976
    For a quicck second I thought that was a Grant Morrison Action Comics omnibus and now I'm sad. Would love for DC to make one. Those 18(?) issues would be perfect for the format.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Hi. Does the book include the original pages, in the extras, that were redrawn by Burnham ? I know there have been a few posted but no idea if they are all included. ?
    I don't know. I just started reading it. But I'm sure someone else who finished it can tell you.

Does the Superman Unchained HC have all the variant covers in it? If so, full page, half page, quarter page???

Does anyone know if there will be a third Green Lantern Omni collecting Johns' New 52 issues?

Also, do you think it will it collect the brightest day storyline, or will that be contained in the brightest day omnibus (which I'm hesitant to buy because of complaints about the binding)?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    While I really love Absolute Editions, Dark Horse's "Absolutomnibus" (or "Omnilutes") are giving DC a run for their money. Colossal Conan and Big Damn Sin City are the same size as an Absolute, with thick paper, ribbon and spectacular binding. Conan is $150 for 1264 color pages and Big Damn Sin City is $100 for 1360 (mostly) black and white pages. The only thing they are lacking is the slipcase.

They both are living proof that Absolute Editions could be way cheaper.
    THIS so much.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_RDM View Post
    Does the Superman Unchained HC have all the variant covers in it? If so, full page, half page, quarter page???
    Yep it has all of them, full page. It was a really nice surprise when I got to the end and I absolutely did not expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be a third Green Lantern Omni collecting Johns' New 52 issues?

Also, do you think it will it collect the brightest day storyline, or will that be contained in the brightest day omnibus (which I'm hesitant to buy because of complaints about the binding)?
    The second Johns GL Omnibus goes up to Blackest Night, which is in the Omni. Im a little sketchy on how long Johns run went on for before the reboot but I'm pretty sure there was brightest day and a few issues before the new 52 debuted. So the new 52 Green Lantern might not be there till a fourth Omnibus.

IMG_2934.jpg

This came in this week, my DC collection is slowly growing. Now I have to find a decent priced Batman and Robin deluxe volume 2.