View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 229 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1291792192252262272282292302312322332392793297291229 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    I have another question for you guys, how are the 3 Flash omnibuses by Geoff Johns? Is it a good jumping on point for new readers or should I read some trades first? I never read any Flash story before, but I'm thinking of buying the 3 omnibuses.
    Yeah. All you need to know is that Wally West is the Flash. He was Barry Allen's nephew. Allen was the Silver Age Flash who died in Crisis. Other than that, you're pretty much good to go.

I have another question for you guys, how are the 3 Flash omnibuses by Geoff Johns? Is it a good jumping on point for new readers or should I read some trades first? I never read any Flash story before, but I'm thinking of buying the 3 omnibuses.
    Johns' run is a good introduction to the character.

I'll echo everyone else, it's as fine jumping point, and a solid run.

But the run that preceded it was phenomenal. Oh Waid's Flash run, I yearn for thee

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I'll echo everyone else, it's as fine jumping point, and a solid run.

But the run that preceded it was phenomenal. Oh Waid's Flash run, I yearn for thee
    This. Right. Here.

If his last name was Johns or Morrison, it would have already been collected in omnibus format.

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    This. Right. Here.

If his last name was Johns or Morrison, it would have already been collected in omnibus format.
    Which is rather funny as Waid is better than both of them

This. Right. Here.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik K. Kristensen View Post
    Which is rather funny as Waid is better than both of them
    I expect an omnibus if two things happen:

1) the Flash TV show literally breaks the internet, or the movie does, with demands of all things Flash
    or
    2) Didio steps down/away/up/somewhere to a place that he has little say over published collections and whatnot, as there's public knowledge he dislikes Waid

Sigh...

2) Didio steps down/away/up/somewhere to a place that he has little say over published collections and whatnot, as there's public knowledge he dislikes Waid

Sigh...
    Why does Didio dislike Waid? I heard there was friction but I don't know why.

1) the Flash TV show literally breaks the internet, or the movie does, with demands of all things Flash
    or

Sigh...
    I think it would be only No. 2. I suspect Didio would cut off his nose to spite his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    I'd like to know, too, but there's been a number of reports and suggestions over the years - well, dating back to when Waid was writing FF and before - that Waid is somewhat of a pain in the ass to work with.

That said, Didio has certainly been connected to his fair share of d-bag like behavior.

Thank you for the quick response. I'm gonna try them out. But I read a lot of negative reviews about the third omnibus having some error with the pages, is this restored in later versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    I think it would be only No. 2. I suspect Didio would cut off his nose to spite his face.

I'd like to know, too, but there's been a number of reports and suggestions over the years - well, dating back to when Waid was writing FF and before - that Waid is somewhat of a pain in the ass to work with.

That said, Didio has certainly been connected to his fair share of d-bag like behavior.
    I don't know the exact nature, but I believe it's related to Didio's overbearing editorial demands for story lines and such, like forcing Impulse into becoming Kid Flash to eventually Flash, or during 52, when he made the writer's rewrite and rewrite to the point where he basically wrote an issue or two. I guess Johns and Morrison don't really have to put up with it since they're basically rock stars, but for guys like Rucka and Waid, who, to me, are among some of the most consistent writers in comics while not being chart toppers, can't get away with ignoring him.

I'm honestly surprised Rucka is returning to DC to write for Convergence. Maybe he doesn't have to deal with Didio too much?

Thank you for the quick response. I'm gonna try them out. But I read a lot of negative reviews about the third omnibus having some error with the pages, is this restored in later versions?
    It was reprinted almost immediately, and the old copies were supposed to be destroyed. You should be fine.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just hope that once Didio is gone we'll have someone in charge who understands the super quick buck to be made by publishing the volumes of Waid material on the Flash.
    Cause it'll sell and sell well.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member

Here are the HCs from the April solicitations:

BATMAN AND ROBIN VOL. 6: THE HUNT FOR ROBIN HC
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI
    Art by ANDY KUBERT, PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY
    Cover by PATRICK GLEASON
    On sale JUNE 24 • 256 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    After losing his son Damian – a.k.a. Robin – Batman has finally found peace with his death. Damian’s grandfather, Ra’s al Ghul, has not, however. In order to resurrect Robin, he’s stolen the body – and now Batman will stop at nothing to reclaim him. Don’t miss these stories from BATMAN AND ROBIN #29-34 and ROBIN RISES: OMEGA #1!

THE FLASH VOL. 6: OUT OF TIME HC
    Written by ROBERT VENDITTI and VAN JENSEN
    Art by BRETT BOOTH, NORM RAPMUND, RON FRENZ and LIVESAY
    Cover by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND
    On sale JUNE 17 • 208 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    In these tales from THE FLASH #30-35, THE FLASH ANNUAL #3 and THE FLASH: FUTURES END #1, the fastest man alive is a broken man. His powers have failed him time and again at great cost to him and the city he has sworn to protect. Now he’s coming back to the current time to stop the one event that destroyed his life. And in the present, Barry Allen must contend with thieves trying to capitalize on the devastation of FOREVER EVIL. It’s a tale of two timelines that ushers in one of The New 52’s most anticipated character debuts!

JSA OMNIBUS VOL. 3 HC
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS, PAUL LEVITZ, ALEX ROSS, JERRY ORDWAY and others
    Art by DALE EAGLESHAM, GEORGE PEREZ, RAGS MORALES, JERRY ORDWAY, ALEX ROSS and others
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    On sale JUNE 24 • 1,248 pg, FC, $125.00 US
    This final, mammoth collection of Geoff Johns’s JSA run includes JSA #76-87, JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #1-28, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #8-10, JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA ANNUAL #1, JSA KINGDOM COME SPECIAL: SUPERMAN #1, JSA KINGDOM COME SPECIAL: MAGOG #1 and JSA KINGDOM COME SPECIAL: THE KINGDOM #1.

STIEG LARSSON’S THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET’S NEST HC
    Written by DENISE MINA
    Art by ANDREA MUTTI and ANTONIO FUSO
    Cover by LEE BERMEJO
    On sale JUNE 3 • 272 pg, FC, $29.99 US • MATURE READERS
    In this final graphic novel adaptation of Stieg Larsson’s international bestseller, Lisbeth Salander lies in critical condition, a bullet wound to her head, in the intensive care unit of a Swedish hospital. She’s fighting for her life in more ways than one: If and when she recovers, she’ll be taken back to Stockholm to stand trial for three murders. With the help of journalist Mikael Blomkvist, she will not only have to prove her innocence, but also identify and denounce those in authority who have allowed the vulnerable, like herself, to suffer abuse and violence. And, on her own, she will plot revenge – against the man who tried to kill her, and the corrupt government institutions that nearly destroyed her life.

SUPERMAN: ACTION COMICS VOL. 6: SUPERDOOM HC
    Written by GREG PAK
    Art by AARON KUDER, KEN LASHLEY, JULIUS GOPEZ, JED DOUGHERTY, KARL KERSCHL, RAFA SANDOVAL, SCOTT KOLINS and others
    Cover by AARON KUDER
    On sale JUNE 10 • 200 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    In these chapters of the smash “Doomed” storyline, Doomsday returns from the Phantom Zone with his sights set on the Man of Steel. Wherever Doomsday goes, death follows, and Superman is forced to do the unthinkable: kill Doomsday. But when the creature explodes into a plume of vapor which Superman inhales, the true battle begins! Collects Action Comics #30-35 and Action Comics Annual #3.

Fantastic Member

And some big TPBs:

BATMAN: ARKHAM – THE RIDDLER TP
    Written by GARDNER FOX, PAUL DINI, SCOTT SNYDER and others
    Art by CARMINE INFANTINO, GREG CAPULLO and others
    Cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    On sale MAY 13 • 296 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    The Riddler’s greatest hits are collected in stories from DETECTIVE COMICS #140, #142, #377, #822, #837, BATMAN #171, #179, #292, #317, #362, BATMAN #23.2: THE RIDDLER, BRAVE AND THE BOLD #183, JOKER’S ASYLUM II: THE RIDDLER #1 and LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT 100-PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR #2!

EARTH 2: WORLD’S END VOL. 1 TP
    Written by DANIEL H. WILSON, MARGUERITE BENNETT and MIKE JOHNSON
    Art by various
    Cover by ARDIAN SYAF and JAIME MENDOZA
    On sale MAY 13 • 272 pg, FC, $29.99 US
    The first volume collecting issues #1-11 of the hit weekly series delves into the world of Earth-2 – a world that saw its greatest heroes die and new ones take their place. A world where Superman became its greatest villain, and a man named Zod seeks to save it, along with Batman, Green Lantern, The Flash and other heroes. A world they can only save from the forces of Apokolips through great personal sacrifice!

EX MACHINA BOOK FIVE TP
    Written by BRIAN K. VAUGHAN
    Art by TONY HARRIS and JOHN PAUL LEON
    Cover by TONY HARRIS
    On sale MAY 20 • 320 pg, FC, $19.99 US • MATURE READERS
    In this last EX MACHINA collection featuring issues #41-50 and EX MACHINA SPECIAL #4, Mayor Hundred descends into the sewers of New York City to learn why he was given the strange powers that helped him become the Great Machine, while a powerful new foe reveals a terrifying plan that’s been in the works since the series began.
    Then, in the very last EX MACHINA adventure, will the mayor’s new archenemy bring down his administration? Will the tragedies that Mayor Hundred warned about from the beginning come to pass?

JLA VOL. 7 TP
    Written by JOE KELLY, RICK VEITCH
    Art by DOUG MAHNKE, TOM NGUYEN, DARRYL BANKS, DUNCAN ROULEAU, CHRISCROSS and others
    Cover by DOUG MAHNKE and TOM NGUYEN
    On sale MAY 20 • 416 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    The JLA must make a gut-wrenching decision: to maintain neutrality in a galactic conflict with their old foe Kanjar Ro or interfere in foreign politics by conducting a preemptive strike of its own. Plus, a standoff between federal authorities and a metahuman settlement leads to trouble! Collects JLA #77-93.

STIEG LARSSON’S THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE TP
    Written by DENISE MINA
    Art by LEONARDO MANCO, ANDREA MUTTI and ANTONIO FUSO
    Cover by LEE BERMEJO
    On sale MAY 6 • 288 pg, FC, $19.99 US • MATURE READERS
    In this graphic novel adaptation of the second of Stieg Larsson’s international blockbuster thrillers, Mikael Blomkvist, publisher of the magazine Millennium, is preparing to run a story that will expose an extensive sex trafficking operation. But on the eve of its publication, the two reporters behind the article are murdered, and the fingerprints found on the murder weapon belong to his friend, the troubled hacker Lisbeth Salander. While Blomkvist tries to clear Salander’s name, Salander herself is drawn into a deadly game of cat and mouse that forces her to face her dark past.

It was reprinted almost immediately, and the old copies were supposed to be destroyed. You should be fine.
    I got a copy with the error (it was a preorder). 2 pages were switched (quite important at the very end, but I already knew the story). I got a full refund and kept the book. Free omnibus!