Page 377 of 613 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387427477 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Happy Birthday. Aww this touches me deeply because when i was 12 my older brother wanted me to draw a mural on his wall in the attic and i drew this exact picture. He loved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    happy birthday beloved!!! thirteen shared a lot of nice ones here are some ones I thought gave a similar energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Happy birthday
    Thank you!

Ultimate Member

Was just watching a interview where aoc and Coates were talking and I feel justified in saying I never want his hands on a storm book and his tchalla and how he tried to drag him down makes so much sense now. The way he talked about billionaires I don't know maybe he was being the devil's advocate but I don't advocate black for pay and that's what he comes off as. You can use my blackness and I will display it however you want for the right dollar. I will def boycott if his hands get anywhere near a storm solo. I feel so bad for the bp fans now. Wow. How did I miss this.
    We warned yall.

The reason why you missed it was because he was doing so well with the women in that book. We fall into that trap because we are SO desperate for something that treats us decent that we ignore the other side. We become selfish and blind to it and never realize it until later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Try looking at Scott Lobdell's X-Men run
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Good luck! Hope these are close to what you are looking for...

Imperious

Thank you for the suggestions! They are awesome. I showed them to my hubby and he said they should work!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    We warned yall.

The reason why you missed it was because he was doing so well with the women in that book. We fall into that trap because we are SO desperate for something that treats us decent that we ignore the other side. We become selfish and blind to it and never realize it until later.
    When your right your right. I first started to wake up when he had storm talk to nakia about bp and how she was basically willing to offer him up because men are weak and have needs. That's when I stopped getting the book but I didn't know how deep it went until I saw that cliip from that mlk forum today. I'm honestly just disgusted with him now. May he never touch another character of color I enjoy or want to enjoy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

thanks boo! was this story a good read from what you can recall?
    Of course.

It was a cute story. I loved the art, and Shinobi had some rather interesting back up in his crew. Storm threatened Shinobi with a lethal EM field, even though he was phasing. A bit paternalistic with Xavier's roll, but that's to be expected, especially in this era.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Of course.

It was a cute story. I loved the art, and Shinobi had some rather interesting back up in his crew. Storm threatened Shinobi with a lethal EM field, even though he was phasing. A bit paternalistic with Xavier's roll, but that's to be expected, especially in this era.
    s-l1600.jpg

I enjoyed it as well. Here is the cover from that issue.

Niffleheim

Was just watching a interview where aoc and Coates were talking and I feel justified in saying I never want his hands on a storm book and his tchalla and how he tried to drag him down makes so much sense now. The way he talked about billionaires I don't know maybe he was being the devil's advocate but I don't advocate black for pay and that's what he comes off as. You can use my blackness and I will display it however you want for the right dollar. I will def boycott if his hands get anywhere near a storm solo. I feel so bad for the bp fans now. Wow. How did I miss this.
    When your right your right. I first started to wake up when he had storm talk to nakia about bp and how she was basically willing to offer him up because men are weak and have needs. That's when I stopped getting the book but I didn't know how deep it went until I saw that cliip from that mlk forum today. I'm honestly just disgusted with him now. May he never touch another character of color I enjoy or want to enjoy.
    I wish the story was centered around the populace of Wakanda being anti-billionaires it would have been a far more interesting story than what he wrote. His run will always be awful to me because of how he depicted T'Challa. Bast will be done with him very soon

Well the good thing is that his run is finally coming to an end. So hopefully Marvel will get a writer who actually cares about the character instead of a clown that wants to push agendas.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well the good thing is that his run is finally coming to an end. So hopefully Marvel will get a writer who actually cares about the character instead of a clown that wants to push agendas.
    I'm so glad it's over to be honest and I just hope tchalla makes it out in one piece. I was reading his latest cap for debate purposes because I like to be informed and the way he had all those rich white people selling people as slaves and it was a little black boy bring sold and when cap and falcon came in they were only saving the rich white people. I was like well damn. That right before I saw his defense of billionaires that aoc shut down. You should have seen his face when she was like "billionaires don't make a billion they steal it on the backs of black and color people and by paying slave wages." Not verbatim. He looked like a damn fool. You could tell he was defending white billionaires. Never will read his stuff again not even for a debate. I'll just be like ok and move on. Thank God he didn't get to use storm too much.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-08-2020 at 06:04 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Coates said something terrible??? Aw ****. I guess we’ll just have Eve Ewing and Vita to write for Storm instead then.

I'm so glad it's over to be honest and I just hope tchalla makes it out in one piece. I was reading his latest cap for debate purposes because I like to be informed and the way he had all those rich white people selling people as slaves and it was a little black boy bring sold and when cap and falcon came in they were only saving the rich white people. I was like well damn. That right before I saw his defense of billionaires that aoc shut down. You should have seen his face when she was like "billionaires don't make a billion they steal it on the backs of black and color people and by paying slave wages." Not verbatim. He looked like a damn fool. You could tell he was defending white billionaires. Never will read his stuff again not even for a debate. I'll just be like ok and move on. Thank God he didn't get to use storm too much.
    Wait I'm so confused because Coates' Atlantic article on reparations is one of his most famous pieces of writing and advocates for redistributing wealth among the black population. I need to find this interview cause something is not adding up
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 08-08-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

so I saw two interviews with AOC and all Coates did was pose a question in both to her which was is a system that allows billionaires and poverty to exist moral? I didn't see anything wrong with that philosophical question and I don't see how it would translate to a bad Storm book. care to expound?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Coates said something terrible??? Aw ****. I guess we’ll just have Eve Ewing and Vita to write for Storm instead then.
    he didn't say anything terrible. fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Of course.

that's cool with the em field its evidence she could affect kitty while she is phased too.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-08-2020 at 04:08 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

so I saw two interviews with AOC and all Coates did was pose a question in both to her which was is a system that allows billionaires and poverty to exist moral? I didn't see anything wrong with that philosophical question and I don't see how it would translate to a bad Storm book. care to expound?
    Nope. We all feel what we feel when we see what we see. I'm not here to change anybody minds on Coates or anything. You do what you will with your coin and I do the same. Pretty much that simple. I have always been able to discern things well. So it's just a case of take from it whatever you will. I was just sharing feelings on what I saw and felt.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Nope. We all feel what we feel when we see what we see. I'm not here to change anybody minds on Coates or anything. You do what you will with your coin and I do the same. Pretty much that simple. I have always been able to discern things well. So it's just a case of take from it whatever you will. I was just sharing feelings on what I saw and felt.
    from your initial post you made it appear as if he had said something completely egregious that would disqualify him from writing a comic for Storm. He did not say anything bad or good about billionaires. He only asked a question. This is why I wanted to watch the interview for myself. I know you don't care for coates but this is hardly an example to be used against him when making a case for why he shouldn't write storm.

Here are the videos for anyone else who cares to watch and judge for themselves:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-08-2020 at 04:56 PM.