Page 66 of 865 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166566 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    Do they split the shipments? Or always send together?
    Last time I ordered from them, they sent everything in just one box.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Amazon shipping is always 5$-10$, even tho IST offers 50% off or 40% off, their 23$ shipping makes the price practically the same.

However, i did check IST and i was infact wrong how much the New Gods would cost me, so thank you for that.
    I forgot to mention that I was talking about Amazon's Global Priority Shipping, which is $10 - $12 per book, no matter the size, if you make a big preorder. If the books have already been released, it's much more expensive. That's why I think a $3 - $4 shipping charge (after you pay the initial $25 - $30) for Deluxes is pretty awesome.

For example, in IST, the shipping cost to Argentina for the 4 Before Watchmen Deluxe Editions is $28.60. At Amazon, using Global Priority Shipping is $57,95 and Expedited Shipping is $42. If I had the four books on preorder, using Global Priority Shipping, I think it would have cost around $44.

Now, why do I say you have to experiment with IST's system? Here's why: the shipping charge for 1 Before Watchmen Deluxe Edition is $24.77, for 2 Deluxe Editions is $20.66, for 3 books is $25.97 and for the four OHCs is $28.60.

BANNED

Amazon offers me Standard shipping, which is 7.98$.

If there's going to be detailed shipping discussion /info a new thread would be more appropriate in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    If there's going to be detailed shipping discussion /info a new thread would be more appropriate in the future.
    Don't worry, I think we're done! I just wanted to give some shipping tips to non-Americans.

Announced a couple of hours ago in Brian Wood's Twitter:
    "So in November of this year and April of next, Dark Horse is publishing deluxe, omnibus-style editions of those two books. *THE NEW YORK FOUR will combine that book plus The New York Five, and 25-odd pages of of extras. *DEMO will collect all 18 issues of the series, plus an extras section as well. *Both will be high-end softcovers, just like my Channel Zero omnibus.

New York Four is 300+ pages for $20. *November 5th. *Here’s Ryan Kelly’s amazing cover. *The Demo details are still to come".

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Announced a couple of hours ago in Brian Wood's Twitter:
    "So in November of this year and April of next, Dark Horse is publishing deluxe, omnibus-style editions of those two books. *THE NEW YORK FOUR will combine that book plus The New York Five, and 25-odd pages of of extras. *DEMO will collect all 18 issues of the series, plus an extras section as well. *Both will be high-end softcovers, just like my Channel Zero omnibus.

New York Four is 300+ pages for $20. *November 5th. *Here’s Ryan Kelly’s amazing cover. *The Demo details are still to come".
    Excellent news. Looking forward to replace my New York's series and finally buy Demo.

BANNED

Let's hope we get his Conan too as Colossal/Deluxe.

Quiet week of new books this week. Nobrow send me their new leporello which looks pretty good. Guess I'll do a little review for that on the blog, together with their leporello that Nobrow published last month. These books are so awesomely printed.

Now to watch the football match where we're gonna beat Spain!! (hopefully)

Last edited by MartinNL; 06-13-2014 at 02:47 PM.

This week's books:
    photo(6).jpg
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Spectacular Member

You know what would be great----some good American hardcover productions of Tintin. Everything really good seems out of print---they got those double books but they are too small (at least per the Amazon reviews). You'd think something like Tintin would be an evergreen.
    trying to be nicer

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post

Now to watch the football match where we're gonna beat Spain!! (hopefully)

Dear Lord in heaven! THAT was impressive. Well done!

Oh, and to get back on topic: Is Nemo oversized? It looks bigger than I thought it was.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I'm currently lookimg for a nice hardcover (or a good trade) with multiple unrelated stories (like War stories by Ennis). Any good ones you can recommend?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Dear Lord in heaven! THAT was impressive. Well done!

Oh, and to get back on topic: Is Nemo oversized? It looks bigger than I thought it was.
    I know right. So much fun.

No the book is regular sized, the others are so small. The leporello in the middle is quite large though if you fold it out. It's more an illustration thing than a comic book to be honest though...

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I'm currently lookimg for a nice hardcover (or a good trade) with multiple unrelated stories (like War stories by Ennis). Any good ones you can recommend?
    - if you've read only War Stories by Ennis you should read Battlefields (Dynamite) which is in the same vein
    - if you like war comics in general see if you can get your hands on a copy of Blazing Combat (Fantagraphics)
    - Solo Deluxe Edition (DC)
    - Barks Library (Fantagraphics)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    I know right. So much fun.

No the book is regular sized, the others are so small. The leporello in the middle is quite large though if you fold it out. It's more an illustration thing than a comic book to be honest though...

Robben! My God!

That Leporello book looks cool. Seems to be a format that is becoming more and more popular these days.

Here's my purchases this week:

Loved Ant Colony, so got me some more DeForge. And I dunno what the hell Fata Morgana is but the artwork just is beautiful(ly disturbing).