Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    I don't know. People who read comics are a lot more thoughtful and intelligent than people who watch Transformers or Fast and Furious and all that stuff. We're supposed to assume these morons are going to understand what makes Superman: Red Son good? That movie is the one that's going to make a billion dollars?
    I HATE the Transformers films because I'm a fan of the old cartoon and just can't stand those movies. Fast and Furious are stupid fun and I'd put every superhero film over the last 10 years outside of Fan4Stick above them. But I don't get insulting people who enjoy those films I mean honestly there are those who will say the same about those "silly" comic book and their films.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I HATE the Transformers films because I'm a fan of the old cartoon and just can't stand those movies. Fast and Furious are stupid fun and I'd put every superhero film over the last 10 years outside of Fan4Stick above them. But I don't get insulting people who enjoy those films I mean honestly there are those who will say the same about those "silly" comic book and their films.
    I'm drinking and I don't mean to insult anyone. But if you're watching the Fast and Furious movies for any other reason to laugh at them (which includes having "stupid fun"), you're a goddamn idiot. Capes and tights have been a lot more intelligent than this popcorn fucking nonsense people are wasting their time with.

(I'm giggling as I write this because I try not to be a mean person, but I'm so drunk I'm in the honest mood )

And also from seeing your avatar, we both live in Pittsburgh. So what really matters is beating the Browns week one

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty3w View Post
    In a non-DCEU movie, Barry could be dead or retired.
    I concede my point.Wally West is a good idea.It is sad that they would rather make a film on Joker rather than a new character who deserves a chance.

BANNED

And also from seeing your avatar, we both live in Pittsburgh. So what really matters is beating the Browns week one
    Not to be the most stereotypical nerd possible, but Ewwwww, sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Not to be the most stereotypical nerd possible, but Ewwwww, sports.
    Now, now. Let's get back to the topic at hand

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

A pair of solid filmmakers want to do a stand-alone movie about one of the most popular and long-lived villains in modern history...and fanboys think that's a bad thing?

This is why Hollywood doesn't listen to you

Mighty Member

I'm drinking and I don't mean to insult anyone. But if you're watching the Fast and Furious movies for any other reason to laugh at them (which includes having "stupid fun"), you're a goddamn idiot. Capes and tights have been a lot more intelligent than this popcorn fucking nonsense people are wasting their time with.

(I'm giggling as I write this because I try not to be a mean person, but I'm so drunk I'm in the honest mood )
    I remember during the ending of Fast 6. I couldn't help but think, "How long is this damn runway? These cars are going 100 mph and they've chasing that plane for over 10 minutes!" I still enjoy the movies for the simple fun of the fast cars but man... cars on parachutes landing exactly on the one road on the mountain! Has to make you giggle.

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

Not really on board with this alternate Earth Joker origin story film. Why does DC keep announcing all of these villain spin offs? Where's the demand? Are people asking for this? Why does it seem to be taking priority over a Man of Steel sequel or Flash stand alone movie? I like the DCEU and I want them to succeed but announcements make that support more difficult.
    My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZolomonZoom View Post
    Not really on board with this alternate Earth Joker origin story film. Why does DC keep announcing all of these villain spin offs? Where's the demand? Are people asking for this? Why does it seem to be taking priority over a Man of Steel sequel or Flash stand alone movie? I like the DCEU and I want them to succeed but announcements make that support more difficult.
    A lot of this **** seems weird as hell to me too. Someone is on heroin or something.

I don't know. People who read comics are a lot more thoughtful and intelligent than people who watch Transformers or Fast and Furious and all that stuff. We're supposed to assume these morons are going to understand what makes Superman: Red Son good? That movie is the one that's going to make a billion dollars?
    Lucky me! Finally somebody who seems to know! Tell me: what makes Superman: Red Son good? I know this is far from the right place, but that's something I've never, NEVER understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    Lucky me! Finally somebody who seems to know! Tell me: what makes Superman: Red Son good? I know this is far from the right place, but that's something I've never, NEVER understood.
    Because Red Son is a good story where Superman tries to save the world by taking over it rather than the farcial Injustice.
    But i agree with you it is not a good idea.That story works best as a counterpoint to the heroic Superman who works for the good of world without being above it.Superman as an idea is a farmboy from Kansas who wants to do good and has the best superpowers.He thinks others to be equals and is humble.Sadly the films have not shown this side and Superman appears to be a distant reluctant God.In a world without(inspiring)Superman Red Son movie is not an idea i can get behind.Maybe a film like this in Christopher Reeves time would have worked when USSR was existing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Because Red Son is a good story where Superman tries to save the world by taking over it rather than the farcial Injustice.
    But i agree with you it is not a good idea.That story works best as a counterpoint to the heroic Superman who works for the good of world without being above it.Superman as an idea is a farmboy from Kansas who wants to do good and has the best superpowers.He thinks others to be equals and is humble.Sadly the films have not shown this side and Superman appears to be a distant reluctant God.In a world without(inspiring)Superman Red Son movie is not an idea i can get behind.Maybe a film like this in Christopher Reeves time would have worked when USSR was existing.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful video.You misunderstand me. Cavill 's Superman is every bit as heroic as Reeves.In someways better.His Superman never gave up his powers to settle down with Lois.His is the most human portrayal of Superman.Humans doubt,question,seek guidance.We are hurt when we try to do good but people point fingers upon us.But he goes on and on.He left being Superman for like 10 minutes.That too because he saw that his actions even though selfless and with good intentions cause harm and suffering to others.Sometimes almost directly(capitol bombing).He is haunted by the deaths which were caused due to his actions.He gets advice from his ghost dad/psychological projection.It may appear absurd but is very much an advice of a humble farmer that trying to do good has consequences sometimes even bad.But with Lois he can get a semblance of relief.He is very much the ordinary guy whom i envisage as Superman.Just a guy trying to be good.
    He is humble.Working under a jaded overbearing Perry.A crusader of Justice(investigates Bat Vigilante in Ultimate Cut).
    I am from India yet i love it when he says at the end of MoS:I am from Kansas.He is human.This is his world.He rejects the bad of Krypton(Zod's intolerance) and accepts love(Lois).He embodies the good of both worlds just as Jor-El dreamed for his son.

The problem is these are obvious in Man of Steel but is somewhat lost in BvS. His scenes are shot as if he thinks himself to be a messiah over others.Remember the scene in flood a crying woman puts her hand in the air and Superman is hovering in the sky like a God looking down on puny beings.The shot is gorgeously composed and the montage of helping people is gorgeous to look at.But the heart appears to be missing.Superman is symbol of hope because as soon as you see that S you know you are safe.Whatever the danger Superman will protect you.He saves you and then gives a smile,a wink,a nod.He speaks to you and removes your fear.He asks if you are alright.Then everything is alright in this world.We maybe weak,small but we matter.

My 2nd favorite moment in MoS is when he saves the soldier falling from helicopter and asks "You Okay".You have very kindly presented this in the posted video.The most this came in BvS was when he saved the girl from fire in Mexico and brings her to her mother smiling(if you watch closely) but his smile changes into a tortured look.He was reminded of the ones killed in Metropolis battle according to the director.What is the point of having the name of Superman in movie and he be a cardboard cutout placed in some far corner of your yard?

There are perhaps two types of fans of Superman those who like him to be serious and those whose who like him to be cheerful.I fall to the later camp.But no fan of Superman can see the moment in Man of Steel when after Smallville fight he comes out from the wreckage and soldiers pointing their guns put them down and the general says,"This man is not our enemy" and not feel a bit teary eyed.I want this.Every fan of Superman wants this.Not a Superman who is forgotten in his own movie.Not a Superman who conquers the world in a misguided attempt to save it(Red Son).

Where is Man of Steel 2,3?After this DC may try something like Red Son.I want my Superman to be great again.Not just in front of the eyes of his fans but the people in general.Richard Donner's Superman inspired Patty Jenkins.Her film is bringing that same wonder to millions of children today.Whatever happened to the man of Tomorrow?
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 08-23-2017 at 04:38 AM.