Page 736 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2366366867267327337347357367377387397407467868361236 ... LastLast
Results 11,026 to 11,040 of 20948
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wow, I didn't even think about that. Yeah, there's no way Highfather and especially Orion would allow that to happen.
    The New Genesis part of Kirby's Fourth World tend to get ignored whenever the plot dictates it. When they do show up, it's generally to get their asses handed to them by Apokalips.

Saw some clips

spoilers:
    Martian Manhunter is the “super secret” cameo at the end. His design is worse than Supergirl’s.
    end of spoilers

Also it looks absolutely terrible, but you’ll probably be able to see for yourself soon enough.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Darkseid TV spot (might want to avoid this if you don't want any spoilers)

Oooh! Darkseid’s so glowy! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The New Genesis part of Kirby's Fourth World tend to get ignored whenever the plot dictates it. When they do show up, it's generally to get their asses handed to them by Apokalips.
    For the sake of this story, the New Genesis gods are probably absent from this world. They need the Justice League to be the only thing standing in the way of Darkseid. I guess they wouldn’t seem so special if the audience knew that there is a benevolent pantheon keeping Apokolips in check all the time.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

For the sake of this story, the New Genesis gods are probably absent from this world. They need the Justice League to be the only thing standing in the way of Darkseid. I guess they wouldn’t seem so special if the audience knew that there is a benevolent pantheon keeping Apokolips in check all the time.
    Instead the Greek Gods are kind of cast as this in the backstory I guess...??

For the MCU and Thanos, removing most of the Titans, their close allies and other Thanos foes including Moondragon, Pip, Warlock, and even Eon worked out just fine.

Also, is there really room for unalloyed good like the gods of New Genesis in the Snyderverse?
    Last edited by Brian B; 03-08-2021 at 09:09 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    No studio is obligated to fancy the whims of any directory, especially if he's not ponying up over $100M to get his job done.
    Yet,they did.Who said anything about 100million.I was merely talking about creative liberty in general.If studio doesn't there are always other avenues ,and ofcourse use a stndin.But,as said that's only cause these guy have death grip on these characters.Moreover ,a guy can only make his type of movies.You get a director to direct your accepting his pitch and understanding his portfolio like 300 or suckerpunch. That's that.

What these guys are calling deconstruction ain't that at all.It's movies filtered through him.What did you expect his superman or batman would be?These guys thought Snyder and Nolan are same kinda filmmakers.which is idiotic.snyder doesn't ground things.His filmmaking is alot more hardcore than realism or scifi.It was never going for superman not being able to fly with some line about weakness and strength.it was always going imageries,gore, elements..etc.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-08-2021 at 10:07 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

It makes sense for this kind of universe for all the "good" gods to be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Saw some clips

spoilers:
    Martian Manhunter is the “super secret” cameo at the end. His design is worse than Supergirl’s.
    end of spoilers

Also it looks absolutely terrible, but you’ll probably be able to see for yourself soon enough.
    Caught a screen of it myself. spoilers:
    J'onn looks like a Drac from Enemy Mine just with crappy CGI so it looks worse than a 35 year old movie's effects.
    end of spoilers
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Saw some clips

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

It definitely matches the aesthetic of the DCU; as in, absolute trash.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It definitely matches the aesthetic of the DCU; as in, absolute trash.
    Something you want to get off your chest? Last time you said Superman's costume is overly designed and now you're dunking on the whole DCU.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Something you want to get off your chest? Last time you said Superman's costume is overly designed and now you're dunking on the whole DCU.
    Are they mutually exclusive?

I don't want to go into details to avoid spoilers, but why are all costumes so busy?

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Darkseid TV spot (might want to avoid this if you don't want any spoilers)

Yes, sir I'd like to report a problem. You see I ordered the Darkseid not the Discount Megatron...

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Are they mutually exclusive?

I don't want to go into details to avoid spoilers, but why are all costumes so busy?
    I don't believe they are. Majority of comic book films have "busy" superhero designs when you compare them to their comic book counterpart.

Screenshot_20210308-224708_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20210308-224413_Samsung Internet.jpg