View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 474 of 619 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484524574 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 9276
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

In a world where Fighterz has taken the fighting game community by storm, Scott Summers is the guy playing MvC2 and running an all Cyclops team.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fan Q: Alot of your Marvel work is about strong leadership. What's interests you about Cyclops?

Hickman: Well, it's a little bit of a ...I dig the character, that's one thing. It's also one of those things whenever we decided to kill Charles Xavier in AvX - not the first time, but the third time. He wasn't in the book originally, but I brought him in for #6.... and that turned into him dying so I screwed myself, because I wanted to use him as a member of the Illuminati.

Hickman said with Xavier dead, someone else had to become the 'necessary evil for greater good' leader and Cyclops ended up being that guy.

Hickman: I think what's been messed up about Cyclops is that he's the guy who believes. Charles has a dream, he believes in an idealized world. It's the other guy, the soul of it... that's who Cyclops is. And I think we lost that, but I won't be writing him now as him having lost it anymore.
    let chaos reign
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Hope: My name is Hope Summers. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    WiFi: Who?
    Rachel: She means Nathan.
    WiFi: Yes?
    Rachel: Not you. Other Nathan.
    WiFi: Wasn't he left behind?
    Rachel: No, not Nate. Nathan. Older-you.
    WiFi: This is confusing.
    Rachel: Well, at least there's only one of you now.
    Stryfe: HEYOOO! I BROUGHT THE POST-APOCALYPTIC GRILL! You don't even need a fire because it's radioactive!
    Rachel: -facepalms-
    Hope: My name is Hope Summers. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    Logan: "..................."
    Logan: "Wow. I... Good grief. Tell you what, Slim, that familial drama of yours just ain't worth it. Red can have you for all I... What? What'd I say?"
    Everyone else minus Scott: "..................."
    Logan: "What? Oh, oooh, wait, no, no, no did I say 'Slim'? Nah, why would I say 'Slim', I didn't say 'Slim'. Clearly, what I meant to say was "Red, that familial drama of yours is too cute to interfere with. Slim can hav... wait, no, that doesn't sound right either. Obviously relationships aren't about ownership and, huh, I'll just be going away, now."
    Scott: "Huh. Wonder what that was about."
    Scott: "What? What'd I say?"
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 07-21-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    let chaos reign
    -says a silent prayer for Utopia!Clops: the dude forced to make a choice between the frying pan and the fire-
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I'm fine, really. He's not saying Scott was wrong, just that he was forced to become darker because of circumstances.

let chaos reign
    How do you mean? Everyone's in agreement over RightClops not believing in an idealized fluffy wonderland attainable with speeches and hugs alone, right?

Or are you rather referring to Cyclops Rrrhaterz whining over the "It's the other guy... the soul of it" portion of Hickman's answer? Because that is amusingly awesome.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I'm fine, really. He's not saying Scott was wrong, just that he was forced to become darker because of circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    How do you mean? Everyone's in agreement over RightClops not believing in an idealized fluffy wonderland attainable with speeches and hugs alone, right?

Or are you rather referring to Cyclops Rrrhaterz whining over the "It's the other guy... the soul of it" portion of Hickman's answer? Because that is amusingly awesome.
    I think it's because, implicitly, RightClops is coming back. Or at least, some semblance of him. And we know there's a section of the forum that is actively against RightClops

Personally, so long as we're not getting Tyke 2.0 (or 3.0?), I'll be happy.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

let chaos reign
    I do not know if I need a better english but I do not understand the last paragraph

Hey guys! Long time no see! Imagine my surprise when not only i saw a picture in Twitter of Cyke and Jean getting back together? Is this another bait to sell comics Dan Slott style? or is it actually happening? And are we really getting a Summers family book? With Wolverine for some reason? What is happening to this world?

Quote Originally Posted by borismortys View Post
    Hey guys! Long time no see! Imagine my surprise when not only i saw a picture in Twitter of Cyke and Jean getting back together? Is this another bait to sell comics Dan Slott style? or is it actually happening? And are we really getting a Summers family book? With Wolverine for some reason? What is happening to this world?
    We don't know if they are together or was a momentary outburst of passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    We don't know if they are together or was a momentary outburst of passion.
    Ah good to know! Don't really want to get my hopes up and think that Marvel wants to do a Nick Spencer to Cyke and Jean.

I think it's because, implicitly, RightClops is coming back. Or at least, some semblance of him. And we know there's a section of the forum that is actively against RightClops
    His outfit kinda screams 'Yeah, no, the dude wasn't wrong everything, lawl, seriously?', doesn't it?

Personally, so long as we're not getting Tyke 2.0 (or 3.0?), I'll be happy.
    Tyke wasn't the soul of anything, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I do not know if I need a better english but I do not understand the last paragraph
    Cyke's the guy who believes and tries the hardest, but something was missing/lost during his RightClops era because he had to become that other guy. Not much in the way of condemnation, if at all.

Heck, that "It's the other guy... the soul of it" bit is the highest of praise, really.

Quote Originally Posted by borismortys View Post
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4462286

Has anyone posted a scan of Jean walking right past Logan and Emma?

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Is any of you hyped to see Cyclops and Corsair interact?
    I personally don't hate him but I have never felt like he was a good adition to the family. I feel like Xavier did more for Scott and filled the paternal void better.
    I don't hate corsair but i don't have positive feelings about him, neither for Vulcan
    For me the Xavier as father aspect is complicated by the abusive and manipulative tendencies that Xavier has. Scott was old enough for Corsair and his mother to have had an impact. I don’t Xavier would have replaced his own parents by the time he finds him. So I think Professor X is firmly in the mentor category. The writers just don’t go into that enough.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Xavier to Scott, about Corsair

Scott may have lived with Christopher long enough before the accident. But he's who he is because of his relationship with Charles. In the same way he's more of Charles' son than Legion could ever be, Xavier is Scott's father in all the ways that matter. Abusive aspects are, sadly, part of the relationship many of us have with our fathers.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 07-21-2019 at 02:23 PM.

There are some parts of Scott that are due to Corsair. In the flashback seen in Champions of Scott and Alex as children you can see typical features of our Scott.

Both are his parents but Xavier had a greater influence.