Page 100 of 325 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 4870
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    MCU movies are humor movies with some serious moments. X-Men movies are serious movies with some humor moments. Should any X-Men movie turn out like GOTG , it will be considered the Batman and Robin of X-Men movies. I knew this was coming, The restructuring of the xmen universe to make it mesh with the MCU Disney format model, when all it does is cheapen MCU X-Men.
    This is, yet again, a ridiculous assertion. To call any of the Cap, Iron Man, first two Thor movies, or the Avengers movie a "humor movie" is to expose just how disinterested you are with being fair in your criticism.

If you can't at least try to be fair and honest, you can probably just rest your case. We all know where you stand and most people don't share your opinion - not in the X-men fan base and most certainly not in the larger movie going audience.

An Avengers tone would suck for an X-men movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Depends on the story I grew up reading the original X-Factor with the 05 and Avengers tone would be great for something like that especially with Beast and Iceman. I'm not saying they should do an 05 film I feel any line up should be more based of the Claremont years. But tone should be set by the characters and story not just it's X-Men if even Fox agreed with that you'd never gotten Deadpool.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

This remastered version of the X-Men animated series intro theme should have been used through out the entire X-Men franchise hope Marvel Studios revives it! Go to 1:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Guardians Of The Galaxy can`t go toe to toe with darkest of the X-Men films even close. Not true.
    I think it can. The differences, IMHO, is that X-Men's darkness in centered more on social issues and wider problems, while the Guardian's darkness is more personal to the characters and their lives. Also, IMHO, I think that having the comedy makes the darker moments stand out more and seem more black then in the X-Men movies, where the overall more serious tone allows for less contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    This remastered version of the X-Men animated series intro theme should have been used through out the entire X-Men franchise hope Marvel Studios revives it! Go to 1:27.

I don't know, I think I personally prefer the movie's themes overall. That said, it would be cool if future movies "quoted" past themes in the soundtracks. (Forgot how much I liked the music from the first movie; the soundtracks from the latter ones kinda push it out of mind.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I don't know, I think I personally prefer the movie's themes overall.

Seriously. The main title introduced in X2 is AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Men oh men, this is good to see people speaking like this. To see people finally telling it as it is when it concerns X-Men. I thought we all were forced to silence because of how powerful Disney became. Anyone else feel this MCU business was something that was forced on many of us X-Men fans?

Men oh men, this is good to see people speaking like this. To see people finally telling it as it is when it concerns X-Men. I thought we all were forced to silence because of how powerful Disney became. Anyone else feel this MCU business was something that was forced on many of us X-Men fans?
    No ones forcing anything on you. stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think it can. The differences, IMHO, is that X-Men's darkness in centered more on social issues and wider problems, while the Guardian's darkness is more personal to the characters and their lives. Also, IMHO, I think that having the comedy makes the darker moments stand out more and seem more black then in the X-Men movies, where the overall more serious tone allows for less contrast.

I don't know, I think I personally prefer the movie's themes overall. That said, it would be cool if future movies "quoted" past themes in the soundtracks. (Forgot how much I liked the music from the first movie; the soundtracks from the latter ones kinda push it out of mind.)
    The darkness is for social issues and characters lives in X-Men since the characters lives of the mutants is what reflect the social issues. In X-Men you get the double bill. The darkness is also not dumbed down. GOTG everything is brought down by a joke. To call GOTG a dark movie in any way is to live on opposite day.
    Last edited by Hall; 09-26-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

Seriously. The main title introduced in X2 is AWESOME.
    Seconded.

The darkness is for social issues and characters lives in X-Men since the characters lives of the mutants is what reflect the social issues. In X-Men you get the double bill. The darkness is also not dumbed down. GOTG everything is brought down by a joke. To call GOTG a dark movie in any way is to live on opposite day.
    Never said that GOTG was a dark movie, just that they have dark moments. But that's neither here nor there in regards to where the X-Men film series goes next.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Tone doesn't excuse that don't get basic X-men stuff right like Jean Grey, Iceman, Beast, Angel and Cyclops are the first group of X-men. And not getting the simple foundation right mean we got Havok, Beast, Angel Salvadore,Darwin,Banshee,Mystique,Professor X as team in a movie. I love that "X-men fans" ignore X-3 ,Wolverine Origins or most recently X-men Apocalypse or act like Fox wasn't going to sit on Deadpool and never release unless it had leaked. Let's also pretend they didn't almost force Reynolds out of the role Deadpool, or that studio executives haven't meddle with X-3, Wolverine origins, the Wolverine, X-men apocalypse ,New Mutants causing issue that made the films worse or very very delayed.

I am not telling you guys what to like but saying we got "Good X-men movies" because Fox movies are more serious doesn't sit right me either. We have a Dark Phoenix story,No Hellfire Club, No Wolverine in actual story that needs him, Mystique lead X-men squad with Quicksilver on it, And the plot stupidity of Xavier and Magneto face off again after Xavier let him go in the last movie. Tone isn't the only thing that makes for "Good X-men movie". I will take my chances with Marvel respect their intellectual property to make subtle changes which make sense when adapting a property instead Fox hack sawing continuity for no reason. Black Panther and Winter Soldier are serious enough for me to not worry about the X-men at Marvel.

Relatively speaking about Tone. Dark Phoenix should be a dark movie. If it was Marvel, although dark is at the beginning of Phoenix the IMDB page will categorize the movie under comedy. Thor Ragnarök shouldn't have had the tone the movie had, not with Ragnarök in the tile.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Relatively speaking about Tone. Dark Phoenix should be a dark movie. If it was Marvel, although dark is at the beginning of Phoenix the IMDB page will categorize the movie under comedy. Thor Ragnarök shouldn't have had the tone the movie had, not with Ragnarök in the tile.
    Yeah, sure, Marvel is so dumb, they would totally ruin Dark Phoenix by making it into a Ragnarok-like movie even though they adapted a lot of less darker storylines like Winter Soldier, Civil War and Infinity War appropriately without making it comedies, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, sure, Marvel is so dumb, they would totally ruin Dark Phoenix by making it into a Ragnarok-like movie even though they adapted a lot of less darker storylines like Winter Soldier, Civil War and Infinity War appropriately without making it comedies, sure.
    Civil War, Infinity War and Winter Solider are action movies. You can join the three movies together, they will not make up the one story in X-Men 2. Darkness is not everything is horror, or having dark scenes after dark scenes or what Zack Snyder was trying to accomplish in Batman vs Superman. it could be significant to the seriousness of the film. The heaviness of the story, what the story is about right to the execution. What characters are allowed to do.

Ragnarok is a stand out bad moment as the term is on the tile of the film. Make a comedy film about Thor, just don't call it Ragnarok. MCU has two major problems with X-Men.

I. If their X-Men movies are comedies, most will complain and resent it.

II. if it is like Winter Solider, Civil War, Infinity war, most will complain too because the movies will lack the depth of First Class, X2, Logan . The movies has too much action and no chance for the story and themes to flourish.

I take it Winter Solider, Civil War, Infinity war are the best MCU movies. How do they compare to Logan, X2, DOFP,First Class as X-Men movies.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 09-27-2018 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post

I take it Winter Solider, Civil War, Infinity war are the best MCU movies. How do they compare to Logan, X2, DOFP,First Class as X-Men movies.
    Personal taste to be honest. Some people seem to think action,cgi and comedy so how makes movies lesser but they all about same level with Logan being slight better than everything mention.

Also the "title Ragnarok" was probably picked more for a cool name than in conjunction with a specific thor story. They didn't tell Ragnok story they told a modified planet Hulk with Hela story origin story fixicating on the name is kinda meanless.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-27-2018 at 01:37 AM.