Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Disney+ will allow subscribers to download content for offline viewing

https://variety.com/2019/digital/new...ng-1203187007/

That's awesome!

Yeah for $7 a month, this is totally worth it. Day 1 subscription from me

Yup same here

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The WHAT IF? animated series set in alternate-realities of the MCU. The first episode apparently explores Peggy getting the Super Steroids while Scrawny Steve fights WW2 in a Howard Stark created armor. The cast from the live action films will return to voice the characters.
    This already sounds like it's going to eclipse all the other current Marvel cartoons (not that it would take much effort). If they're getting the film actors to reprise here, I'm guessing the animation budget has also got to be pretty hefty.
    The first "What If" sounds cool but I'm kind of curious how they'll handle it. Will the Allies still handily win WWII with a Super Soldier Peggy Carter and Iron Man Steve or will they emphasize that Steve becoming Captain America was vital to stopping Hydra?
    The Wanda & Vision series will be called WandaVision.
    I don't really like that name, even if putting Scarlet Witch and Vision in a title together would be a bit of a mouthful.

(Are they ever going to call her Scarlet Witch on-screen?)
    The Winter Soldier and Falcon series drops within the first year of D+ release.
    Was not expecting that one to be first.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Yeah for $7 a month, this is totally worth it. Day 1 subscription from me
    Same. I'll probably switch subs with Hulu, I haven't been watching anything from that service lately.

My daughter is five and loves Disney so I'd probably end up getting this anyway, but if these new shows are on the same level as the movies I'm most definitely down. I'm loving everything about this, except that "Wandavision" name. Damn, who approved that?

Really, really hoping those rumors of Hawkeye getting a show (and introducing Kate) are true. Clint's never getting a movie but he could most definitely benefit from, and support, a show.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This already sounds like it's going to eclipse all the other current Marvel cartoons (not that it would take much effort). If they're getting the film actors to reprise here, I'm guessing the animation budget has also got to be pretty hefty.
    The first "What If" sounds cool but I'm kind of curious how they'll handle it. Will the Allies still handily win WWII with a Super Soldier Peggy Carter and Iron Man Steve or will they emphasize that Steve becoming Captain America was vital to stopping Hydra?

I don't really like that name, even if putting Scarlet Witch and Vision in a title together would be a bit of a mouthful.

(Are they ever going to call her Scarlet Witch on-screen?)

Was not expecting that one to be first.
    I’m still kinda hoping the WandaVisiom show gets a name change before it’s released.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I’m still kinda hoping the WandaVisiom show gets a name change before it’s released.
    Yea that sounds off. Hope it's a place holder. Just adding a And in the middle is way better

Apparently they might package together Hulu, Disney + and Espn + together. No clue how anything is going compete with that.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Meh! I'll pass. I have enough streaming apps to take up my time as it is.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Meh! I'll pass. I have enough streaming apps to take up my time as it is.
    Same here.
    We weren't going to get DC until Doom Patrol came out and I found out it had comics.

Now, we're up to five...
    Hulu, Netflix, Philo, DCU and Boomerang.
    And then Spotify for music.

As much as we're paying, we might as well be getting cable. LOL.
    But, unfortunately, because of fragmentation and exclusives it's almost necessary to subscribe to multiple services.

I used to just buy my movies and tv seasons on Amazon Video.
    But since the fragmentation started, more and more things have become unavailable to buy on Amazon because the rights owners want people to lease the shows through their own apps.

While DC Universe has more than met my expectations, I still kinda hope that the bottom will eventually fall out for all those upstart services centered around one company or one genre.

I believe I also read somewhere that the fragmentation may be causing DVDs and BlueRays to regain sales.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Disney+ will allow subscribers to download content for offline viewing

https://variety.com/2019/digital/new...ng-1203187007/

That's awesome!
    Not having This would have been a reason not to even bother or periodically subscribe to just watch the shows I want. I'm still undecided because I need my Star Trek shows which Netflix provides.

BANNED

Star Trek shows are also on Amazon, probably other places.

Disney+ would be more attractive if it included the FOX catalog, but looks like I'll need to get that plus Hulu in order to get those shows. Right now I'm leaning in favor o Disney+ because I really don't watch Netflix all that much. Take out Disney and FOX stuff from Netflix and there is zero reason for me to keep subscribing. On the other hand, I'll need to get a better sense of the what the Disney+ offering will really be. A service that is nothing but superheroes, princesses, and Star Wars would get old really fast.

I guess what it really comes down to is the bundle price with with Disney+ and Hulu. If that's attractive, then I will prolly ditch Netflix and go that route.

Couldn't give a rats behind about ESPN nonsense though.

Astonishing Member

Unlike the DC app, with this current Hawkeye show they just introduced that's supposed to introduce Kate Bishop, I am all over this. Especially for just $7/month.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Excited for all the Marvel shows!

I agree with the confusion over the "Wandavision" title...Why is it not called Scarlet Witch & The Vision? Actually, come to think of it, is Wanda ever referred to as the Scarlet Witch on screen? I know Tony called her "a witch" but that's all I can think of

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Same here.
    We weren't going to get DC until Doom Patrol came out and I found out it had comics.

Now, we're up to five...
    Hulu, Netflix, Philo, DCU and Boomerang.
    And then Spotify for music.

As much as we're paying, we might as well be getting cable. LOL.
    But, unfortunately, because of fragmentation and exclusives it's almost necessary to subscribe to multiple services.

I used to just buy my movies and tv seasons on Amazon Video.
    But since the fragmentation started, more and more things have become unavailable to buy on Amazon because the rights owners want people to lease the shows through their own apps.

While DC Universe has more than met my expectations, I still kinda hope that the bottom will eventually fall out for all those upstart services centered around one company or one genre.

I believe I also read somewhere that the fragmentation may be causing DVDs and BlueRays to regain sales.
    I have seven:

PlayStation Vue (non-cable TV viewing)
    Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime (where I go for lots of shows I watch)
    Crunchyroll, Funimation (for all my anime needs)
    Britbox (comedies, mysteries, classic Doctor Who)

I might drop Hulu as I watch that channel the least unless I migrate there for my non-cable TV viewing and lose Vue instead, but I have no intention of adding any other streaming services as I have more than enough to satisfy me.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!