Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Swiss army nerd

Default What's the best strength feat in the MCU?

Like the title says. What's the best unambiguous strength feat in the MCU?

By unambiguous, I mean I'd rule out things like Thor smashing Sokovia, as it's unclear how much of that was strength and how much was lightning etc. And preferably, not a feat of "X held back Y, who was capable of feat Z..."

Is it Carol carrying the ship in Endgame? Hulk and the spacewhale?

I wanna say the feat in Endgame when (Gi)Ant-Man frees Hulk etc from underground then goes on a rampage, but I can’t find it on YouTube to confirm its impressiveness. I may be misremembering.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I nominate Carol catching and throwing that giant missile falling from orbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I nominate Carol catching and throwing that giant missile falling from orbit.
    This one. Definitely.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Surtur destroying Asgard and or just being capable of swinging a skyscraper sized sword around with impunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Surtur destroying Asgard and or just being capable of swinging a skyscraper sized sword around with impunity.
    This.

For the main heroes, Carol's missile catch is top tier.

Kurse's boulder chuck is in my top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Pfft that's cheating! ;P

*Is just mad I didn't think of that*
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Is Stormbreaker actual MADE from neutron star material? 'Cause it should be pretty absurdly heavy if it is.

I mean, not that anything about that star made any damn sense.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 08-29-2019 at 04:54 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Is Stormbreaker actual MADE from neutron star material? 'Cause it should be pretty absurdly heavy if it is.

I mean, not that anything about that star made any damn sense.
    I thought it was Uru but it needed the energy from the star to heat the forge.

Was never outright stated what material was used. Seemed like some sort of special metal ingots. Spaaace titaniuuuum!
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Was never outright stated what material was used. Seemed like some sort of special metal ingots. Spaaace titaniuuuum!
    Obviously it would be Thorium.

Extraordinary Member

Is there any consensus on Thor opening up the eye to let sun energy through to the forge?

Like, if we ignore the whole withstanding the energy of a star and just look at the opening up the eye and keeping it open. That seems pretty darn impressive.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Just from looking at the size of the... doors... I'd personally rate it below the space whale punch. Getting the rings moving in the first place might be a solid contender, depending on how you look at what he actually did there. Google tells me the diameter of a neutron star should be about 20 kilometres, which would make the rings pretty big.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Obviously it would be Thorium.
    Thread should have been closed here.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Just from looking at the size of the... doors... I'd personally rate it below the space whale punch. Getting the rings moving in the first place might be a solid contender, depending on how you look at what he actually did there. Google tells me the diameter of a neutron star should be about 20 kilometres, which would make the rings pretty big.
    This is the one I go with: he held a rope, digging his feet into the ground, and unlocked those FROZEN rings that have to be kilometers around to get them moving again. It was immense.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan