Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

If there's any adaptation of X-Men, then Betsy Braddock as Psylocke can be changed into a Eurasian (a term for biracial person who is of mixed Asian and European ancestry). Psylocke's character background is quite complicated to the non-readers for a Caucasian woman of Britain bodyswapped into the body of a Japanese woman in more than twenty years.
    In the case of adaptation, Betsy should be a Eurasian woman, the daughter of a British father and Japanese mother while Brian Braddock can be a half-brother to Betsy.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ok preeeetty sure Joe Mad drew her to the exiles series and that's just how he drew women.... look at his M
    that's 4 different artists in that strip. Yeah the first one is Joe Madureira. Second one is Trevor McCarthy. Third is Jim Calafiore. Fourth is David López. Not of them drew her with the facial features she has in the 2018, and they certainly didn't draw her with short curly hair!

As for M..... dark skin doesn't automatically make you "black". For example we have the people of India and Sri Lanka. In her case, we know several of her ancestors were "white" people from Monaco. But... what was the other side? Algerians.... probably Berbers.... not "black". Since you like real-world demographics.... yeah... the real world demographics of Algeria don't have "black" people. Algeria is almost entirely Arabs and Berbers, and the Berbers are the darker skinned group. What's the difference? well.. facial features for one. Monet's typically been drawn with features appropriate for a Berber woman. Is that definitively what the creator intended? I dunno, but the facts seem to fit.
    I mean...says right there she's from the Bahamas a place where 90+% of the pop. Is black.

Soooooo
    Not sure how I missed that... maybe because it's a throwaway line, I dunno. But yeah.... AoA blink was said to have been born in the Bahamas in 2001 apparently... of course that doesn't make her black.... I mean seriously.... Is she drawn to look like it? Did the writer actually pay attention to the real world demographics? I suspect not. It wasn't until the 2018 series that we see any of her relatives. And no mention is made of her ethnic background prior to then either. Whether it "makes sense" or not... it's what it is.

This is why I was pointing out that that picture of her as a child was from the 2018 series.... it drastically changed the way she looked.
    Retconned what tho? You were using both AoA and 616 in your proof of her angled face or whatever. What does it matter it's it's AoAs childhood if not.
    The 2018 story was treating the history of AoA and 616 as the same thing prior to Apocalypse's conquest... thing is... that was a very short period seemingly. The panel you posted suggests the rise of Apocalypse came when Blink was 8.
    What issue us this? Jubilation/Jubilee still sounds pretty Asian to je
    Don't remember it was one of the early ones with her I think. Thing is "Jubilation" isn't Chinese in any way. Xi Qing is an approximate translation. But her name isn't Xi Qing, it's Jubilation.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    This may not be a popular opinion, but I will likely swap Jubilee from an Asian girl to a white girl, maybe it was because X-MEN TAS was a thing I watched growing up.

Jubilee's features looked very white American but then again, the only time we know characters are meant to be Asians in cartoons is when we see them only in Japanese animations like Sailor Moon, Naruto or Dragon Ball Z.

I feel this is why I just have never imagined Jubilee as a Chinese girl. she always came of too me as a very white valley girl bubble gum type from California thanks to the 90s X-MEN Cartoon.

So anytime I think of jubilee I don't see an Asian girl in my head, I see a Judy Garland's Dorothy from Wizard of OZ girl or Mia Wasikowska from the Alice in Wonderland 2010 movie
    Those are bad examples of the bat.

Cartoon Jubilee was a foster kid who kept getting shuffled around and she turned into a street-smart wisecracker. And how are Chinese girls supposed to act? This sounds like CCP propaganda.
    "Cable was right!"

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

About Jubilee, it's revealed that her parents were originally from Hong Kong, the territory that used to be colonized by the British which explains why some of the Chinese of Hong Kong are westernized. Furthermore, Jubilee is more Westernized since she grew up in California and she spoke English more than Chinese language.

I have known cases of many Chinese people who are Westernized in some countries. Besides Chinese-Americans, there are Westernized Chinese people in Singapore, Hong Kong and some English-speaking countries like Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United States and Britain.
    Last edited by MitchFox; 09-10-2021 at 02:21 PM.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Ultimate Member

As for Blink to remember that some mutants look odd or different because of their mutation, like Blink with her pink skin and hair and such so she wouldn't have to follow any racial heritage lines...

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I rather Kwannon be Asian like she was rather than mixed and Psylocke stay English.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Kwannon.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I rather Kwannon be Asian like she was rather than mixed and Psylocke stay English.
    I agree. They took almost 3 decades to finally fix that story, it's better to let Betsy and Kwannon be separated characters in movie adaptations too.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Err huh?

lol yeeeeah Its Black, Indigenous Person Of Color

That would be soooo Raven!!!!
    lol

I think Nocturne would be a much better choice to explore this...not only does she already consider herself a POC +didn't grow up in the relatively sheltered circus community

Riiiight

lol I bet you're gonna have to post these 2 more times lol

Errr no 616 Blink ethnicity was talked about wayyyy before the movie. Maybe not I the first decade but that's prob cause 616 wasDead and AoA was in limbo for 5 years. Also AoA Blink being from the Bahamas is from her mini series written by the sane guy who created her. It came out 13 years before X-MenOFP

She black bro

Thanks, I didn't know about blink but it sure is the Clarise 616?
    I have serious doubts that she is the same, I say it because we know there are versions of other universe that sometimes are another racial rule, it is not very common but it has been seen.

And Blink said it because although we could not determine his ethnicity well, the truth did not seem black to me, I say it specifically because of his facial features, and especially because of his hair, which is not the ethnic hair that black people have at all, and there it is. A girl does have it and regardless of her purple skin if it shows, she is a black girl because of her physical characteristics and hair, but her adolescent version 616 is extremely different so I doubt she is the same, but her first appearance in 616 she was very young, She was barely a teenager, and she had straight hair, hair that she still has to this day, and blink 616 was also trapped in another plane for a long time and her hair continues to be that of a white person (or Asian or Latino), not that of a Black girl, I can also argue her version of AOA that she also didn't have the ethnic hair of a black woman, so I don't know, and I don't think that blink 616 or if AOA version had time to get chemical treatments on it.
    l hair or use wigs lol.

And before they go out with Monet and her hair because I see that coming, Monet herself is only 50% black she is biracial, and we know that both Monet her sisters and Marius inherited the straight hair from her mother that it was not black.

With Mystique I think that she is more than proven and supported by canon that she is a white and red-haired woman, even though there are people who are very stubborn and dissatisfied about it, facts> theories.

If I must be honest and I Say what ethnicity the blink 616 or the AOA is, I am sure it will be an Asian girl, or white or Latin, but not black, I say it from the aforementioned, I do not know from what land is the little blink will be with ethnic hair, but I'm pretty sure it's not his 616 version or her AoA version.

And if we go to the three different versions that it has had in film and television, Film, The Gifted Series, and the animated series Wolverine and the XMen, in all three we clearly see an Asian girl, so I think Marvel already has her completely identified like an asian girl.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 09-10-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    For me the culture and ethnicity not represented much in X-Men is the Maori/Polynesian one. Loa surely cannot be the only mutant from that side of the world.
    Good point, agreed With this .

loa is the only one ?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    As for Blink to remember that some mutants look odd or different because of their mutation, like Blink with her pink skin and hair and such so she wouldn't have to follow any racial heritage lines...
    Well that has happened with several Mutants yes. Nekra and Mandrill are an easy example. Nekra is super, beyond-albino white, with weird skin patterns(and generally looks like a vampire), and Mandrill looks like a black guy with a monkey face..... Mandrill's parents are white, and Nekra's are black.... both were hated by their own families because of it and ended up becoming supervillains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    There's an easy solution to all of this:

If you have panels that prove Sylar is wrong, POST THEM. So far they're the only one that have provided something from the actual books.
    Exactly, thank you, the only scans there are of Raven with her powers completely canceled, are the ones I provided, there are no others and there it was already in canon that she is a red-haired white woman.

I am a Raven fan so I know that what he says is not true, with Raven we do not have a single image of her as a girl, not one, so I challenged him to bring an image of her as a girl that showed her hair black, or from another scene with her powers completely canceled and that she did not look red, because different artists have already portrayed her with her powers canceled, I surprise everyone shares that she is white and red, if the other user has a problem with that, It's not our business anymore, but to canon and Marvel 616 Mystique is a white, red-haired woman.

By the way as a Raven fan I am going to give another piece of information, even today we do not have images or information about her childhood, before she was a terrorist, we have very little information about her, the only thing she once mentions is that she was born In some country in Europe, this more than we have already seen her that with her powers completely annulled she is a redhead and white woman with clear eyes.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 09-10-2021 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    If I must be honest and I Say what ethnicity the blink 616 or the AOA is, I am sure it will be an Asian girl, or white or Latin, but not black, I say it from the aforementioned, I do not know from what land is the little blink will be with ethnic hair, but I'm pretty sure it's not his 616 version or her AoA version.

And if we go to the three different versions that it has had in film and television, Film, The Gifted Series, and the animated series Wolverine and the XMen, in all three we clearly see an Asian girl, so I think Marvel already has her completely identified like an asian girl.
    Which is why that 2018 Exiles series is weird.... it's supposedly AoA blink, but has her with short curly hair most of the time as if she was always like that.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Which is why that 2018 Exiles series is weird.... it's supposedly AoA blink, but has her with short curly hair most of the time as if she was always like that.
    Exactly, those details are too incomprehensible, that's why I say very probably nobody will take this into account, and if they investigate more in the past of blink 616, which I think they have not done yet, it will be a young Asian girl.
    which is the visualization that most is had of her by the public and Marvel.

Let's remember blink 616 is practically a canvas blank person, relatively recently we saw her being released by Selene, and the last relevant appearance she had was helping Selene and Cable fight against some Externals, but she did not mention anything about her past childhood or anything But we still see her with a very Asian look and facial and hair features.

It is very obvious to me that most of the bets are that blink 616 will be Asian, or maybe Latin?
    but I lean more towards Asian.