Page 933 of 985 FirstFirst ... 433833883923929930931932933934935936937943983 ... LastLast
Results 13,981 to 13,995 of 14769

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Protecting children from gun violence and reversing the damaging effects of climate change shouldn't be partisan issues. We have a clear moral imperative to address these problems.
    In a perfect world, sure, those issues would be unilaterally addressed. But, in this world which, frankly speaking, sucks, the REPUBLICAN party doesn't give a flying **** about dead children or the horrors of gun violence while getting payola from the NRA to protect gun rights instead of human lives. And the REPUBLICAN Party considers climate change a hoax, either because they're outright deniers, too damn stupid to know better (see: Trump, Donald), or the money they get from Big Oil requires them to dismiss the problem altogether. Until the REPUBLICAN Party either develops a conscience, or is abolished, kids will continue dying and the planet will continue deteriorating.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Well it seems this is pretty old (2015) but it's a new discovery for me that helps explain Trump's and the modern republican's fanatical support of Netanyahu:

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Angry white man yells at/mocks/dehumanizes 'uppity' brown person for trying to do something to make this world SLIGHTLY less terrible, because it somewhat kind of sort of slightly inconveniences said angry white man and the angry white men he represents.

Isn't that the story of America? Good thing AOC isn't having that crap anymore. Too bad she's too late and we're all screwed thanks to those angry white men and their need to have their AUTHORITAH!!! respected, no matter the cost...
    When you're accustomed to having everything, and patting yourself on the back on the occasions when you pass a few crumbs to those "lesser" than you, any attempt to take even as much as 1% of that everything seems like oppression.

"I was foolish to think this was photoshopped. Had I recognized that this guy was a Republican, I would have instantly realized this was his argument against Global Warming. #CongressSmellsBadOnTheInside," Hamill said Monday via Twitter.

However, on Tuesday, the actor really dug in his heels when asked again if he was aware of Lee's stunt.

"I did see that crap. Don't worry about it! I'm using an oversized photo of @SenMikeLee as a prop to push my #MAGA (#MoronsAlwaysGaslightAmericans) #TrustTheScientists agenda. #ClimateChange," Hamill wrote to his more than three million followers.
    Hamill is the man. Congress Smells Bad On The Inside and Morons Always Gaslight Americans are epic burns.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Pennsylvania House hosts bigoted prayer before swearing in first black Muslim woman legislator

Pennsylvania State Rep. Movita Johnson-Harrell (D) made history on Monday when she was sworn in as the first black Muslim woman to serve in the state house, after winning a special election earlier this month. But her achievement was swiftly overshadowed by an Islamophobic invocation prior to her swearing-in.

Freshman Republican Rep. Stephanie Borowicz delivered a ceremonial prayer that referenced Jesus 13 times and ended by praising President Donald Trump for “standing beside Israel unequivocally.” Several lawmakers said the prayer was an extreme and offensive deviation from the chamber’s normal protocol, which calls for an interfaith invocation.

“God forgive us — Jesus — we’ve lost sight of you, we’ve forgotten you, God, in our country, and we’re asking you to forgive us, Jesus. I claim all these things in the powerful, mighty name of Jesus, the one who, at the name of Jesus, every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess, Jesus, that you are Lord, in Jesus’ name,” Borowicz said.

Borowicz’s office did not immediately return ThinkProgress’ request for comment. She told the Pennsylvania Legislative Services on Monday that “that’s how I pray everyday … I don’t apologize ever for praying.”

Johnson-Harrell called the prayer “Islamophobic” and told ThinkProgress that the experience was “disturbing.”

“Initially, I just thought it was a prayer like any other time and I showed my respect by standing,” Rep. Johnson-Harrell told ThinkProgress. “I attempted to make eye contact [with Borowicz], but she wouldn’t make eye contact back with me.”
    The politicians in my state stepped in it big time by allowing that miserable shrew (a Republican of course) to weaponize prayer because she had a problem with a black Muslim woman in her midst. Revolting!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 03-28-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    From the "Illinois" corner...

An e-mail memo has leaked that seems to be Kim Foxx telling her subordinates to create a "Pattern" of the sort of deal that Smollett was given being given to regular Janes/Joes.
    Of course, sweety.

Was it "leaked" to or by that person you know from another board, whose invaluable opinions you sometimes share with us sans link?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Of course, sweety.

Was it "leaked" to or by that person you know from another board, whose invaluable opinions you sometimes share with us sans link?
    Just about any sort of a cursory search would turn up an article like this one(not even from an Illinois ABC affiliate)...

https://abc11.com/chicago-mayor-says...nough/5221901/

Jussie Smollett update: City of Chicago asks Jussie Smollett to pay for $130,000 cost of investigation
    Even as Foxx said Smollett received no special treatment, officials in her office were circulating a memo, which has been confirmed by the I-Team, asking Cook County prosecutors for examples of cases like where charges were dropped under circumstances similar to Smollett's.
    Said memo will be right underneath the above quote inside of the article.

The Illinois Prosecutor's Bar Association weighs in...

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...507794931.html

Illinois Prosecutors Bar Association Calls Decision to Drop Smollett Charges 'Highly Unusual'
    The association, which says its represents nearly 1,000 prosecutors across the state, said the handling of the case and the events of the past few days are "not condoned"

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Just about any sort of a cursory search would turn up an article like this one(not even from an Illinois ABC affiliate)...

https://abc11.com/chicago-mayor-says...nough/5221901/

Said memo will be right underneath the above quote inside of the article.
    "Creating a pattern" (your words) and "looking for other examples of this happening to regular folks as preventive damage control" are two very different things.

Sounds like you are participating in an ugly, racist, homophobic smear there.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    "Creating a pattern" (your words) and "looking for other examples of this happening to regular folks as preventive damage control" are two very different things.

Sounds like you are participating in an ugly, racist, homophobic smear there.
    Or...

It obviously has nothing to do with what is in blue and a person with money and connections was afforded a break because of money and connections.

Even more so when they are clearly trying to create a pattern of such breaks being given to regular Janes/Joes that doesn't really exist in actual reality.

Edit: As of this evening, CBS has two examples provided by the prosecutor, and one of them(I believe his name was Terrae Washington) said comparing his case to Smollett's is a joke(he had to complete fifty hours of community service while holding down two jobs).
    Last edited by numberthirty; 03-28-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Never mind that there is almost zero chance that you will find examples of sixteen felony counts handed down by a Grand Jury being dismissed in exchange for some cash and minimal participation in something like community service.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    No point in doing so -- you'll deflect, dodge, and make excuses but your party will still be racist, sexist, and homophobic regardless. As I've pointed out before, all of your rhetoric is inconsequential in the face of the horrors your party has inflicted -- and continues to inflict -- on this country.

Regardless, we've already had that discussion ("stop and frisk" and racial profiling) and the best you could offer were your "sympathies" -- which you can keep since they don't address the problem directly. More recently, you offered up a "t-shirt" as an excuse against Trump's dishonest and openly racist border wall arguments, which would almost be comical if it weren't so tragic.

"Discussing" the racist, sexist and homophobic policies of your party would do nothing to change them and is a waste of time -- I know from experience.

The same applies to Mueller report -- Trump wasn't directly interviewed by Mueller and you know it, and nothing you can say will change that fact.
    I've literally seen Mets say that making it harder to vote for people who aren't going to vote for you is just smart politics and has nothing to do with race.
    You will never convince him that there is a racial motivation behind the GOP's voter disenfranchisement.

Got an alert that Dolt45 has backed off a budget request to cut funding to Special Olympics after a shitload of criticism, including from members of his own party.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert that Dolt45 has backed off a budget request to cut funding to Special Olympics after a shitload of criticism, including from members of his own party.
    And his supporters are calling him a hero for that. That's the MO anymore.

- Get rid of something people love.
    - Debate that it is bad and not needed.
    - Say it's too expensive.
    - End up not cutting it.
    - Say you were saving it from the liberals.
    - Be hero worshiped by your supporters.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium