Page 102 of 277 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 4155
    Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    If they would have kept Hawkgirl's origin of being a real doctor instead of a coffee girl then yeah..we would have had at least someone who was smart enough to help heal people.
    Huh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    But if they do add other members to the team, it shouldn't be more white males. "Because," as the Prime Minister of my country said, "it's 2015" [well, 2017 now, but you get the point].
    Curious, this is really my curiosity, if they added a new white male to the team, would you be fine he's if he's disabled?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ray Palmer sort of became a medical expert in the comics because he could shrink himself?

Retired

Weird. The Mighty Isis shared screen time with Captain Marvel in the '70s--but I never thought back then that they were family. Maybe it's best to think of this as an amalgamation of Isis, Black Adam and Ibis the Invincible. In the Fawcett comics, Ibis was like DC's Hawkman, in that he's an Egyptian prince, Amentep, and his love is Taia of Thebes. The Black Pharaoh shoots Taia with a poisoned arrow, but Amentep puts her and himself in suspended animation. They both come back to life in the 1940s.

Given how things worked out with Hawkman and Hawkgirl, it doesn't make sense to go back to another ancient Egypt story. I swear, it feels like the producers thought the second season wasn't as a good as the first and they're trying to revive the ideas from the first season--because that was so much better.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Weird. The Mighty Isis shared screen time with Captain Marvel in the '70s--but I never thought back then that they were family. Maybe it's best to think of this as an amalgamation of Isis, Black Adam and Ibis the Invincible. In the Fawcett comics, Ibis was like DC's Hawkman, in that he's an Egyptian prince, Amentep, and his love is Taia of Thebes. The Black Pharaoh shoots Taia with a poisoned arrow, but Amentep puts her and himself in suspended animation. They both come back to life in the 1940s.

Given how things worked out with Hawkman and Hawkgirl, it doesn't make sense to go back to another ancient Egypt story. I swear, it feels like the producers thought the second season wasn't as a good as the first and they're trying to revive the ideas from the first season--because that was so much better.
    All good points, Jim, but since Tala Ashe is quite beautiful, I'm pretty sure I can handle it. BTW, I saw Ibis in the comics before either Isis or Black Adam back in '76.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    All good points, Jim, but since Tala Ashe is quite beautiful, I'm pretty sure I can handle it. BTW, I saw Ibis in the comics before either Isis or Black Adam back in '76.
    As did I. Kurt Schaffenberger drew them all (Ibis, first and only Black Adam for Fawcett, and Isis crossover with Captain Marvel). And true also about Taia.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Well that sounds disturbingly Felicity-like. With a heaping does of heavy handed politics (potentially) thrown in. Not what Legends needs right now, IMO.
    Cyclops was right

I mean, why does she have to be a hacktivist? What's wrong with plain, old, active and public activism which is truer to Adrianna's character in the comics?

Is she going to get powers at all? Is the Arrowverse going to introduce their own version of Black Adam (probably not) ?

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, why does she have to be a hacktivist? What's wrong with plain, old, active and public activism which is truer to Adrianna's character in the comics?

Is she going to get powers at all? Is the Arrowverse going to introduce their own version of Black Adam (probably not) ?
    The producers believe that hacktivist sounds cooler and want to show that women can be smart with computers, instead of showing a woman who has the courage to go out and face her opponent in public, and inspires others.

Did her powers differ between the TV show and the comic books?

Yeah, I was wondering too if Black Adam and the Marvel Family would show up, but they're probably afraid it would get too complicated.

It would be cool if they do introduce Black Adam. I mean you can have the Waverider crash land in Kahndaq, the Legends arrested mistaken for spies/assassins and taken before Black Adam, meanwhile Nate is in awe seeing Kahndaq's culture and art and has to share the information with the others, while Heatwave attempts to steal something.

Of course, I would love for them to recreate this:http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/File:Black_Adam_0009.jpg

Yeah, I know, it's probably not going to happen.

I read somewhere that in the TV show Isis had a pet bird. I would like to see that.

BANNED

I mean, why does she have to be a hacktivist?
    Sorry, where does it say she is one? Not seeing anything in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Sorry, where does it say she is one? Not seeing anything in the article.
    Here's an article with her character description:

Here, Tomaz will be a Muslim-American woman from the year 2030, who becomes “grey hat hacktivist” in an attempt to combat "humanity’s fear, prejudice, and mistreatment of the planet."

Extraordinary Member

A Felicity type has some plot utility. Somebody who organized a group of people is only useful to a story if we are gonna see said group in action.
    This show isn't gonna do that.

It can't.

The show doesn't stay in the same time period from week to week let alone the same place.

Retired

I would have liked Doctor Midnight, Beth Chapel. I realize there's a more recent Doctor Mid-Nite; however, the CW often reaches further back for characters. And Beth ticks several boxes. She's a doctor. She could be related to the Doctor Mid-Nite we saw in season two, being African-American. She has a disablity (blindness). And she's a woman--so more gender balance for the team.

Is this the same isis from 52 that was married to black adam. I think she had a little brother

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    The producers believe that hacktivist sounds cooler and want to show that women can be smart with computers, instead of showing a woman who has the courage to go out and face her opponent in public, and inspires others.

Did her powers differ between the TV show and the comic books?

Yeah, I was wondering too if Black Adam and the Marvel Family would show up, but they're probably afraid it would get too complicated.

It would be cool if they do introduce Black Adam. I mean you can have the Waverider crash land in Kahndaq, the Legends arrested mistaken for spies/assassins and taken before Black Adam, meanwhile Nate is in awe seeing Kahndaq's culture and art and has to share the information with the others, while Heatwave attempts to steal something.

Of course, I would love for them to recreate this:http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/File:Black_Adam_0009.jpg

Yeah, I know, it's probably not going to happen.

I read somewhere that in the TV show Isis had a pet bird. I would like to see that.
    I'm wondering about her powerset as well; the 70's version had animal based powerset,which would sort of make vixen look redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I'm wondering about her powerset as well; the 70's version had animal based powerset,which would sort of make vixen look redundant.
    Wouldn't Isis be redundant, since Vixen was there first?