Page 159 of 172 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2577
    X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think they pretty told everyone they are fine firing him when they fired him.
    All that says is that Horn thought it was the right decision at the time. Not that Disney wouldn't do things differently if they knew then how things would turn out.

Again, Disney is doing pretty darn well in recent years (arguably better than a lot of it's peers including WB), so I'm not sure Disney is losing too much sleep at night over this.
    Yeah, it's not like they have to make the movies. It's marvel who has to make do with the mess Disney made, which is why they were trying to get Disney to change their minds and rehire Gunn.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I don't know. WB didn't fire one of their biggest directors because of a smear campaign from a hate group.
    With ties to terrorist activities to boot.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    All that says is that Horn thought it was the right decision at the time. Not that Disney wouldn't do things differently if they knew then how things would turn out.
    And when they found out how things turned out, they still fired him. They had their chance to do things differently, and chose not to.

Yeah, it's not like they have to make the movies. It's marvel who has to make do with the mess Disney made, which is why they were trying to get Disney to change their minds and rehire Gunn.
    Yeah, but truthfully regardless of how this turns out I'm not all that worried about marvel studios either. They've lost diretors before and managed to avoid putting out any bombs. Worse case scenario they don't make the movie at all, and put out something else which will likely do just fine too.

Yeah, Marvel was put in a tough position there but ultimately I don't think any of this will matter.

And when they found out how things turned out, they still fired him. They had their chance to do things differently, and chose not to.
    You understand that reversing the decision would have made Horn look weak, right? That they gave in to a smear campaign?

So did they knew ahead of time that most of the people wouldnt care about Gunn's old tweets and would still support him, and that firing him would cause a lot of backlash?

So did they knew ahead of time that most of the people wouldnt care about Gunn's old tweets and would still support him, and that firing him would cause a lot of backlash?
    They may not have known the reaction they got when they fired him, but they clearly did when they met with him again and decided not to rehire him.

Yeah, but truthfully regardless of how this turns out I'm not all that worried about marvel studios either. They've lost diretors before and managed to avoid putting out any bombs. Worse case scenario they don't make the movie at all, and put out something else which will likely do just fine too.

Yeah, Marvel was put in a tough position there but ultimately I don't think any of this will matter.
    That doesn't mean they're happy with having one more headache that could have easily been avoided.

They may not have known the reaction they got when they fired him, but they clearly did when they met with him again and decided not to rehire him.
    Because they had already fired him. I'm saying they wouldn't have fired him to begin with if they had known what the public reaction would be. They clearly thought this was another Roseanne situation and misjudged the whole thing.

You understand that reversing the decision would have made Horn look weak, right? That they gave in to a smear campaign?
    Depending on how one wants to interpret things, to some they may look bad either way. They licked their poison and noved on.

Because they had already fired him. I'm saying they wouldn't have fired him to begin with if they had known what the public reaction would be. They clearly thought this was another Roseanne situation and misjudged the whole thing.
    Not only that, but reversing the firing would have made them look weak. Horn would have been treated as a laughingstock. It really is all about ego and perceptions.

Depending on how one wants to interpret things, to some they may look bad either way. They licked their poison and noved on.
    I'm glad you can at least admit that Disney may have done something wrong. What with you equating it to poison and all.

I'm glad you can at least admit that Disney may have done something wrong. What with you equating it to poison and all.
    I didn't say thry necessarily did anything wrong ... I said they were going to look bad no matter what they did on the eyes of some.

I already said earlier I didn't think there was necessarily any objectively right or wrong choices here ... just choices. Choiced with consequences. They made their call, guaged the reaction, doubled down, and moved on.

BANNED

I think they pretty told everyone they are fine firing him when they fired him.
    Let's say they actually deeply regret jumping the gun on firing him, for agrument's sake, can you imagine any kind of scenario where they would actually admit that and told any living soul that they regret doing it?