Page 382 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383384385386392432482882 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Again, its getting them on Raw, Smackdown, and a ppv. That's value especially at this point. If they weren't in the tag match at best they would be in the pre-show if not entirely off the card. Heck if not for Black and Ricochet the tag match could very well have ended up on the pre-show, so I think they are alreadyboosting the division.

And that likely applies to WM. Being in the tag scene potentially means an actual match. Without it likely means being in a pre-show battle royal at best.

Look at the nxt call ups like ec3 who weren't thrust into the tag scene. Thats the difference. Again, if you arent in the title scene or a top angle you're left out in the cold.

Frankly if they even generate enough interest in the tag division to get belts off the preshow, then that
    They were already appearing on Raw, Smackdown and NXT without being a team. They are only together because they had to pull DIY because of Ciampa injury. I'm not believing the tag belts is giving them their main roster push.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They were already appearing on Raw, Smackdown and NXT without being a team. They are only together because they had to pull DIY because of Ciampa injury. I'm not believing the tag belts is giving them their main roster push.
    It's not that the tag belt is giving them their roster push so much as the tag belt is the form their push is taking. They're competing on Fastlane and hopefully Wrestlemania by competing for the tag belts.

Again, if you look at Fastlane the only non-title matches on the card are Beckys and the SHIELDS. Basically you're left out in the cold UNLESS you're literally THE top stars or you're in the title scene. The tag belts are a logical way to get them on the bigger stages, while setting up some pretty good matches with people like the Revival. I'd argue it's a win win for everyone involved. Black and Richocet get the spotlight, the tag belts get a bit more attention, the Revival get competitors people actually give a dam about, and the fans are treated to some really good matches. I'm not really seeing a whole lot to complain about here.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's not that the tag belt is giving them their roster push so much as the tag belt is the form their push is taking. They're competing on Fastlane and hopefully Wrestlemania by competing for the tag belts.

Again, if you look at Fastlane the only non-title matches on the card are Beckys and the SHIELDS. Basically you're left out in the cold UNLESS you're literally THE top stars or you're in the title scene. The tag belts are a logical way to get them on the bigger stages, while setting up some pretty good matches with people like the Revival. I'd argue it's a win win for everyone involved. Black and Richocet get the spotlight, the tag belts get a bit more attention, the Revival get competitors people actually give a dam about, and the fans are treated to some really good matches. I'm not really seeing a whole lot to complain about here.
    Having a filler PPV made up of title matches doesn't mean much. At current the WWE and Raw women's title are the belts that are getting any love. Asuka has been MIA since the rumble, the US title has no direction. Shinsuke and Rusev done nothing with their reigns, Truth wins then gets taken off TV for a month just to drop it to Joe. Revival hasn't won a match since becoming champs so they are weak going into their match. Cruiserweight is sitting out this show for some reason. I don't have a reason to care about any of these matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Having a filler PPV made up of title matches doesn't mean much. At current the WWE and Raw women's title are the belts that are getting any love. Asuka has been MIA since the rumble, the US title has no direction. Shinsuke and Rusev done nothing with their reigns, Truth wins then gets taken off TV for a month just to drop it to Joe. Revival hasn't won a match since becoming champs so they are weak going into their match. Cruiserweight is sitting out this show for some reason. I don't have a reason to care about any of these matches.
    Actually performing on RAW, Smackdown, Fastlane (and hopefully Wrestlemania) I think does mean a lot to guys that just debuted on the main roster. It's night and day in comparrison to EC3, who DOESN'T get a match on the PPV. Because if you're not on the PPV, then you're likely not going to get any spotlight in the RAW and Smackdowns leading up to the PPV.

They're getting a lot of TV (more than anyone else on the roster), and they're winning good matches. And as far as I can tell, they're over with the fans. So again, really what's to complain about here? From both their perspective and the fans who get to enjoy their matches on every WWE program, it seems like a win win.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    AJ has said in a few interviews that he's gonna wrap up his career as a whole after his run with the E is over. he wants to go out in his prime sooner than later.

but yeah. they missed a golden opportunity by having aj, finn and the good bros run together as the bullet club. they could've been a force on par with the shield.

and i can see a lot of peeps leaving right now. mainly the revival since even though they are the tag champ, they are still being treated like utter jokes, which is terrible.
    That's respectable. He has a lot of gas left in the tank but I'm sure he wants to enjoy watching his kids grow up. He certainly deserves the limited schedule.

They could've had almost a long term story line with Balor, Styles, and the Club. Perfect way to bring up Undisputed Era too.

Did The Revival sign new contracts or was them getting the Tag Team Championships a sign of good faith by Vince? Because if it's the latter, they should really rethink about moving to another company. The problem is, no matter who the Raw Tag Team Champions are, they're going to be seen as utter jokes. Between pissing one's self, to pissing on robes, and to losing almost every non-title match.

The worst part of that division is how talented the teams are. Smackdown Tag Team Championships/Division may seem stale with the same teams but at least their booking and story telling is much better.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    That's respectable. He has a lot of gas left in the tank but I'm sure he wants to enjoy watching his kids grow up. He certainly deserves the limited schedule.

They could've had almost a long term story line with Balor, Styles, and the Club. Perfect way to bring up Undisputed Era too.

Did The Revival sign new contracts or was them getting the Tag Team Championships a sign of good faith by Vince? Because if it's the latter, they should really rethink about moving to another company. The problem is, no matter who the Raw Tag Team Champions are, they're going to be seen as utter jokes. Between pissing one's self, to pissing on robes, and to losing almost every non-title match.

The worst part of that division is how talented the teams are. Smackdown Tag Team Championships/Division may seem stale with the same teams but at least their booking and story telling is much better.
    the only downside to the smackdown tag division, IMO, is a lack of teams. the only teams that get any of motion are the usos, the bar and the new day. and people are getting tired of seeing the same matches between these three teams. (not hating on them. i love these guys and how stupid good they are together). the only other teams on SD are the good bros and sanity and we know what they have been doing.

raw's tag division is utter crap: the ascension were jobbers who were buried from the jump. hawkins/ryder's thing is that they always lose, the B-team are basically a comedy team that wins by acciedent. roo-lbes could be a good team but they are still too green as a team to build the division around. AOP is out, due to one of them getting injured. and the revival, the best team on raw, has been getting treated like crap before and after their title wins. (last monday, not only were they the first team out in a title match but they got jober entrances.)

Astonishing Member

the only downside to the smackdown tag division, IMO, is a lack of teams. the only teams that get any of motion are the usos, the bar and the new day. and people are getting tired of seeing the same matches between these three teams. (not hating on them. i love these guys and how stupid good they are together). the only other teams on SD are the good bros and sanity and we know what they have been doing.

raw's tag division is utter crap: the ascension were jobbers who were buried from the jump. hawkins/ryder's thing is that they always lose, the B-team are basically a comedy team that wins by acciedent. roo-lbes could be a good team but they are still too green as a team to build the division around. AOP is out, due to one of them getting injured. and the revival, the best team on raw, has been getting treated like crap before and after their title wins. (last monday, not only were they the first team out in a title match but they got jober entrances.)
    The first mistake was letting the Usos and the New Day be on the same show.They are both cornerstone teams in their prime.

They are in desperate need of a super star shakeup. When I watched the Dusty Rhodes Classic, you just see the potential of great tag team wrestling. There are people in Vince's employ that know how to do great tag team wrestling. Why he chooses to ignore these voices on his major shows just baffles me.

Astonishing Member

I honestly don't understand why they're not using Sanity. They really weren't used that well in NXT either but they're good talent. Same with Nikki Cross. I don't understand why WWE can't use stables properly. You have mid-card, tag team, and women's divisions covered with one stable. Breathe something fresh into the brand.

Authors of Pain can be solid monsters in the tag team division when they get rid of Spud. I would even argue that Rezar could be a solid monster in mid-card division. He's a former kickboxer so, given his size, I think he could move really well too.

Roode needs to become a singles competitor. I like his teaming with Gable but that's run its course. Vince can do all he wants with the Universal Championship but let the majority of strong main card talent from NXT make it to Smackdown for a chance at the WWE Championship.

It's a shame about The Revival because, considering how much screen time they've been given for the past few months, they've achieved almost nothing in regards to star power.

someone told me that enzo was better than cody.

then i laughed.

Vince sees tag-team wrestling as simply a way for singles in feuds to be in matches with each other without having to pin one another. Let's say you've got Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi for Wrestlemania. Having the New Day vs. DB and Rowan allows DB and Kofi to be in a match without either getting pinned or made to submit. And while that's a valid use of tag-team, Vince thinks that's the ONLY valid use of it.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    The first mistake was letting the Usos and the New Day be on the same show.They are both cornerstone teams in their prime.

They are in desperate need of a super star shakeup. When I watched the Dusty Rhodes Classic, you just see the potential of great tag team wrestling. There are people in Vince's employ that know how to do great tag team wrestling. Why he chooses to ignore these voices on his major shows just baffles me.
    i see putting the usos and the new day on the same brand as both a positive and a negative. a positive due to them just killing it in their matches and a negative for the reasons you've state.

sending one of them to raw would be a good way to building that division back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    I honestly don't understand why they're not using Sanity. They really weren't used that well in NXT either but they're good talent. Same with Nikki Cross. I don't understand why WWE can't use stables properly. You have mid-card, tag team, and women's divisions covered with one stable. Breathe something fresh into the brand.

Authors of Pain can be solid monsters in the tag team division when they get rid of Spud. I would even argue that Rezar could be a solid monster in mid-card division. He's a former kickboxer so, given his size, I think he could move really well too.

Roode needs to become a singles competitor. I like his teaming with Gable but that's run its course. Vince can do all he wants with the Universal Championship but let the majority of strong main card talent from NXT make it to Smackdown for a chance at the WWE Championship.

It's a shame about The Revival because, considering how much screen time they've been given for the past few months, they've achieved almost nothing in regards to star power.
    sanity is awesome group, especially with a freak like dane. but yeah, they are fucking up on them.

i can understand why they need spud since neither guy on the AOP are strong on the mic. not horrible. just nothing noteworthy.

and my opinion on roo-bles is that they don't think chad can stand on his own as a singles guy, which is a shame since the guy is the second coming of kurt angle.

They'd solve a lot of problems by making the tag belts like the women's tag belts. 1 title defended on both shows.

Suddenly the division is Usos, Revival, New Day, The Bar, Roode/Gable, AOP and you'd still have The Good Bros, Fashion Police (eventually I'm assuming), B Team, and Sanity in reserve.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member

I'm still pretty new to watching Wrestling. My main opinion on Tag Teams is that the Groups should have distinct names and not just be "X and Y"

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I'm still pretty new to watching Wrestling. My main opinion on Tag Teams is that the Groups should have distinct names and not just be "X and Y"
    it really depends. some of the best tag teams in the world don't have a tag name. the bar went a long time as team before getting a name. same with the revival, american alpha, DIY, etc. one of the best no-name tag teams was brian kendrick and paul london. they were the longest reigning tag team in SD history for a long time and they never had a proper tag name.

Astonishing Member

i see putting the usos and the new day on the same brand as both a positive and a negative. a positive due to them just killing it in their matches and a negative for the reasons you've state.

sending one of them to raw would be a good way to building that division back up.

sanity is awesome group, especially with a freak like dane. but yeah, they are fucking up on them.

i can understand why they need spud since neither guy on the AOP are strong on the mic. not horrible. just nothing noteworthy.

and my opinion on roo-bles is that they don't think chad can stand on his own as a singles guy, which is a shame since the guy is the second coming of kurt angle.
    They should just team him with Angle.