Page 74 of 157 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2354
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Last day of Fan Fest 2022 here....

Saw a ton of kids dressed as Miles Morales (the comic version more than the movie one). In fact I did not see the Spiderverse version. It was comic or game version.

Saw plenty of fan art with him too.
    Ah, cool. Very cool.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Yeah, they're seperate. Fabian Nicieza will be writing Sam's.

Also, maybe its just me, but it feels like we've been getting Miles' journal entries less frequently lately. I don't even remember the last time we got them.
    They were basically a method of using thought bubbles without actually using thought bubbles. Talking to or bouncing thoughts off of Shift essentially fills that roll at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    They were basically a method of using thought bubbles without actually using thought bubbles. Talking to or bouncing thoughts off of Shift essentially fills that roll at the moment.
    It really makes me miss solo Miles stuff, Shift's been in every issue since #33 and all solicited issues going forward as well. Makes it all the stranger that despite all that Miles' parent still don't know about him.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Yeah, they're seperate. Fabian Nicieza will be writing Sam's.

Also, maybe its just me, but it feels like we've been getting Miles' journal entries less frequently lately. I don't even remember the last time we got them.
    I think It stopped when Drutcher found the journal and I think when the Clone Saga begun.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I think It stopped when Drutcher found the journal and I think when the Clone Saga begun.
    Actually, the first page of #34 is the last time it shows up. Funnily enough, in #28 before he arrives to his final showdown with Selim, Miles has regular inner-dialogue boxes instead of journal pages.

Niffleheim

The minute Drutcher found the journal the stakes were lowered and I stopped paying attention to it.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Oh yeah, they never really did anything with that other than him juts being cooler with Miles.

I loved Royals. it might have failed by not selling well but it told a very good story for the Inhumans.
    Not his fault. Two reasons. One, it was Inhumans! They just aren't popular. And two, Al Ewing books always didn't last long back then. It was only when he did Immortal Hulk that he finally landed a hit. Doesn't matter how good his previous books are, a lot of people just never tried them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The main thing I remember about Royals was the Maximus fakeout, Medusa getting short-hair, and swinging to yet another man instead of Black Bolt. Oh, I guess there was Ronan manpain too.

I didn't love Danny Lore's run. Not so much because it was bad, the characterization was solid and the character voices sounded right, but the whole plot was just kind of boring to me and the art kind of plastic-y.

Zub deserved a longer run on the book.
    Medusa's depowering and short hair was synergy, as she was shaved on the TV show.

Not a fan of Luciano Vecchio's art? It is very stylised.

And yeah, Zub was screwed over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Zub did deserve a longer run, but all together didn't he have the longest? Part of it being attached to Waid's run probably didn't help it in the long run.
    Yes, just barely. Waid lasted 18 issues, plus three issues crossed over with his Avengers run. There was a Monsters Unleashed tie-in during his run, but someone else wrote that (Jeremy Whitley, who later wrote Unstoppable Wasp). Zub's run lasted from issues 19-27, then an annual and another 10 issue run. There was also two Infinity Countdown tie-in issues after his first arc. That's 22 issues total. I agree, issue 19 should've been a new #1. Won't surprise me if people didn't know Waid was off the book, there's folks who still think The Flash is written by Joshua Williamson and stars Barry Allen, when it's now written by Jeremy Adams and stars Wally West, because that book didn't launch a new #1 either.

Eve Ewing and Danny Lore both only lasted five issues, though COVID probably curtailed Ewing's run. Lore's now at DC, on Teen Justice, the alternate universe gender swapped Titans.

Another thing that didn't help Champions - Mighty World of Marvel, a UK reprint comic, was about to start Zub's Champions run, but the magazine was cancelled the month before.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-21-2022 at 04:34 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

I don't know how to accurately describe this issue, besides Billie getting a nice moment, but the ending is just lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    I don't know how to accurately describe this issue, besides Billie getting a nice moment, but the ending is just lazy
    I'm not sure what to make of it either, lol.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Shift is definitely going to wind up staying behind when this arc is done.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Same, it's a very weird feeling. Also the ending doesn't really make much sense to me and mostly serves to keep the arc short.
    spoilers:
    Also definitely feeling like Shift is getting left behind now that he's got a love interest (seemingly nicer than the one Miles got) and so Billie can have some of her family back. And is it just me or does Aaron look older on the last page?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dragonick; 06-22-2022 at 11:23 AM.

Fantastic Member

It feels like Saladin is rushing to put everything back into the box by issue 42.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    It feels like Saladin is rushing to put everything back into the box by issue 42.
    Kind of been the flaw of his run; he amps up things a great deal only to speed run to the conclusion. If Bendis dragged storylines for too long, Ahmed kind of does the opposite.

Which for smaller slice of life stories, the shorter 3-issue arcs work in its favor, but he keeps escalating the storylines.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Kind of been the flaw of his run; he amps up things a great deal only to speed run to the conclusion. If Bendis dragged storylines for too long, Ahmed kind of does the opposite.

Which for smaller slice of life stories, the shorter 3-issue arcs work in its favor, but he keeps escalating the storylines.
    Yeah, Saladin has always been a little wonky in terms if pacing. It's been the case since #3 with the Snatcher fight, which felt rushed. Lately, however, it feels like there's something off about the writing in general.

spoilers:
    Shift's new love interest is so weird. She literally came out of nowhere and just seems like an excuse to get rid of Shift without killing him. Which begs the question, why did he make it out of the Clone Saga to begin with. What was the point?
    end of spoilers