Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Is Hodge already enhanced by Phalanx here? If so does it mean Phalanx invasion of PoX is ahead of schedule? Obviously no definite answer available but looks interesting..

I hate 90% of the cast but this book is still my current favorite.

Zeb Wells is outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I hate 90% of the cast but this book is still my current favorite.

Zeb Wells is outstanding.
    Same, I didn't care for any of these people and I only read it because I ran out of X titles at the time. This has consistently been one of my favorite ongoings.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Is Hodge already enhanced by Phalanx here? If so does it mean Phalanx invasion of PoX is ahead of schedule? Obviously no definite answer available but looks interesting..
    Hodge was enhanced years ago.
    My flag is bacon.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    The thing with Fallen Angels is that the twist came too late. During the first few issues Kwannon was the ultimate warrior trained by the Hand and X-23/Wolverine and Cable seemed novices next to her. That was just Kwannon perspective, though. In the last issue she learned that she was wrong, that her training by the hand had made her into something worse than the others. But she was resigned to being a weapon. That is kinda unique, and it is a view of the character that works. Zeb Wells, who is an amazing writer, took the original character work and is running with it. And he is doing a phenomenal job. She just needs an iconic outfit to become her own character.
    I completely agree, she needs an outfit that really stands out more then the black Jim Lee version.
    PsylockeFeatured.jpg
    MCoC_CR_Psylocke_ChampionSpotlight_1920x1080-768x432 (1).jpg
    12x9_CostumePage_Psylocke_HouseOfM.jpg

I love that last costume, except for the red sash. That dragon might be a pain to draw in comics, though.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I love that last costume, except for the red sash. That dragon might be a pain to draw in comics, though.
    I'm glad someone else like me love that last costume, the House of M costume.

I think she's obviously in this costume (and been given the Psylocke mantle) for brand recognition and building of her character. Technically, we don't 100% know that the Jim Lee costume wasn't something that Kwannon was already wearing before the events of (the now retconned) Uncanny X-Men 256. In effect, it could actually originally be HER costume and not Betsy's.

In any case, I do agree that she needs to eventually have her own separate identity. This needs to coincide with Betsy's run as Cap Britain ending, Betsy taking back the name Psylocke, and the two of them finally making peace with each other. I would just have Kwannon be the only name she uses because nothing else would be adequate at this point (like "Prestige" lollllll).

Ultimate Member

I'm like, 'Huh, Kwannon has the slightest clue in hell who Cameron Hodge is? I barely remember the fool, and I was around for that era...'

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    just because they are women? so a men can't have female friends
    Based on other the historical precedent of his brothers? Probably not. Wandering peen runs in that family.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    Blond Empath still bugs me, but it doesn't look like that mistake is going to get fixed. I guess he was just dyeing it brown for no reason back in the New Mutants/original Hellions days?
    Empath being mysteriously blonde doesn't bug me as much as Empath being mysteriously sociopathic.

He was also a creep, but he didn't have an excuse for it (boohoo, my powers made me like this!), he was a creep by choice, and Emma taught him a character-growth-inducing lesson in recognizing *other* people's feelings by shutting down his powers for a time (leaving him only able to sense other peoples emotions, and not control them), and he was significantly less creep-like afterwards (and, interestingly, more effective, as he had learned some subtlety as well, and how to work with someone's pre-existing feelings and not have to deal with as much resistance by pitting people against their basic natures or forcing them to attack loved ones or whatever). And now, not only back to factory standards, but somehow, *even worse?* That's annoying.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 12-13-2020 at 09:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

it's true that empath is being written completely out of character, I guess the writer thinks, almost nobody has used this character in 2 decades, so, no one will care a lot if I write him like this

It's my favorite xmen book nevertheless

I also dont understand what powers psylocke has, just the blades? no tk and telepathy? and sinister is a very powerful telepath himself, but got owned by the mutant from arakko. it looks like powers are whatever the story needs

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'm like, 'Huh, Kwannon has the slightest clue in hell who Cameron Hodge is? I barely remember the fool, and I was around for that era...'
    Kwannon and Betsy had a lot of memory sharing/ memory returning, hand-wavey plots in the past. I think they need to either show how little Kwannon knows about the X-Men's history or explain that she has like some imprint of Betsy's memories.

Betsy obviously knows Hodge from her epic Bruce Willis moment in X-Tinction Agenda!

Even though Psylocke didn't know about Cameron Hodge, she is the type of person who if she goes on a mission to a facility of The Right, does a preliminary investigation of what can be found.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Even though Psylocke didn't know about Cameron Hodge, she is the type of person who if she goes on a mission to a facility of The Right, does a preliminary investigation of what can be found.
    Yeah, one doesn't get to be any good at assassinating people if you don't bother to do any research and find out A) where they are, B) what sort of defenses they have, C) if they are stab/bullet/poison-proof, D) if they have powerful friends that will wreck you if you do. Go in ignorant and get stuck in a 'You killed John Wick's dog???' situation.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think this is something they could explore more about her, or at least illustrate it better. Even in Rosenberg's run she had this appearance of being resourceful but it was just kind of implied.

Also, the X-Line is so convoluted at this point that I don't ever expect writers to bother with fact checking who should actually know anything these days and just don't bother getting bothered with characters basically having reader knowledge.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Hodge was enhanced years ago.
    I was thinking because of the Phalanx being pertinent to the Moira PoX story , maybe they may delve into it ,but tweak it.Anyway still interesting how they will approach Hodge backstory in this saga