Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
    I present...

80s Lilandra

I was stumped for a while but then, Cher.
    I'll selet #90, 90s please.
    So I guess you could say that you...SNAPPED OUT OF IT!!!
    Great design, very clever. You have selected: Dazzler
    ART JAM VI:House Of Mouse

V

IV

III

II

I present...

90s Dazzler

The opportunities were endless with Dazzler, the 90s being a very pop-culture oriented decade. I could of gone grunge, girl group/teen pop, ska, among many other options for Dazzler but ultimately I went with electronica Dazzler in the end. My thought process behind this came from looking at my Lilandra who was influenced by 80s Cher. Two big gay icons, Madonna and Cher, both opted for a more electronic influenced sound in the late 90s, with Ray of Light and Believe. Dazzler debuted at the end of the 70s originally as a disco star. This one I imagine debuted circa 1998.

Dazzler took disco and added electronica to it. Her origin is pretty much the same, except it takes place almost 20 years later where she plays the clubs as DJ Blaire, the Dazzler. Dazzler sings to the music she makes and provides her own light show with her mutant abilities, making her the complete package and a crowd favorite among ravers. Her first hit is "Go for it!"

My next pick will be #79, the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    82. Rachel Grey, 1920s

I had a version of this finished on Tuesday, but I didn't like how the color turned out, so I redid it. Still not completely happy with the beaded areas.

REB, I'll take #92 for my final pick, please.
    I love the subtle phoenix reference in the beading.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    #81 Rogue - Modern Era

Designed to be the book end to the earlier Hope Summers piece.The problem with the modern era is that you see a confluence of fashions from so many different eras. The neo-Gothic look came to mind first, so I stuck with it, albeit probably with more punk rock leather undertones than I originally intended. The green and purple (which on some monitors might look gray) were last minute additions. I much prefer the multi-shades of gray scale version, but that's true of all of my work.
    She's hauntingly beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    92. Mr. Sinister, Now

Similarly to JP, I went with a contemporary look heavily inspired by Victorian fashion. So that does it for me, it's been fun.
    He's so... handsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

Jubilee of Salem. A quick messy sketch and color.

A What if Jubilee was the mixed child of a man from Salem, Mass. and a Woman from China. Who was a mutant witch.

I'll do 50. I can do it this weekend, before I get all crazy in the head.
    You version of messy still turned out really nice.

#36 Magneto - American Frontier/Western Era

What If Magneto Was Native American?

I don't necessarily agree with his politics, but when it comes to Western movies, thanks by and large to the great Sergio Leone, Clint Eastwood is the man! He was the perfect model for my frontier Magneto.

The twist, of course, is that instead of being a Jewish Holocaust survivor, this version of Magneto was born to a tribe of now extinct Native Americans. Gone is Magnus/Erik, now he responds to his birthname Mahpiya Maza, or occasionally Mazaska, if he considers you a friend. Sure, his mutant physiognomy allows him to pass for a Caucasian settler, but in truth he is truly the last of his kind...and someone must pay for that. It's one thing to fight to prevent such a tragic outcome, but something altogether different to actually live that nightmare.

Seriously, what if Magneto was Native American? Would he have singlehandedly repelled the genocidal machinations of Manifest Destiny? Would there even be a United States as we know it? What do you think?
    I love your creativity in these. This is awesomely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Here is Goldballs, Roman Empire....

Attachment 30361

No idea why it's sideways =[
    I love the personality conveyed in his facial expression.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I don't have an easily accessible scanner, so I hope the camera quality is okay, and someone can salvage it enough to color. -MEEP-

#109: Strong Guy - 1920s

Attachment 30434

Our Strong Guy was born in 1909. It was an arduous labor that took his mother's life. Instantly, he was seen as a freak of nature, a genetic throwback from a poor developmental process in his DNA. He had an extremely overdeveloped musculature system, though his skeletal structure was deformed, and his eyelids never properly developed. His father abandoned him and fled town, fearing the reputation of his entire family line would be marred should he raise this jank child. He was taken in by a church, and there he was named Guido, and fitted with specialized goggles embedded directly into his eye sockets. Surprisingly, the genetically mutated child was mentally advanced to some degree, and began forming words shortly after taking his first steps, only months after he was born.

Sometime after Guido's tenth birthday, the Church began sending him out on strange quests that had him doing all sorts of deeds he felt inappropriate in his heart. They often led him into dangerous situations, and inevitably he'd have to use his immense strength to hurt innocent strangers to complete his quests. He started his own research outside of the church in local libraries and eventually came to understand that his church was no ordinary church. It was a Church of Satan, run be a a self-proclaimed demon named Mephisto. After a confrontation, Guido and Mephisto battled, and in the ensuing commotion, Guido murdered Mephisto. The church dispersed shortly thereafter, and Guido was left a homeless orphan. That is until he was picked up by a traveling circus.

Now, at 14 and still developing, Guido spends his days in the Freak Show under the name Strong Guy, in his very own pre-historic inspired show.

For some reason, drawing men isn't too easy for me, but I gave it a shot. Can I do another, or should I wait until we find a colorist for this one?
    He's adorable!

#25 Chamber - Medieval Era

I imagine if Chamber had been around at the time he would have begun his career as a squire to Sir Percy of Scandia, the first Black Knight. Chamber would share many adventures with Sir Percy and other knights of King Arthur's court before becoming a knight himself at the twilight of the Arthurian era. After the fall of Camelot and the death of Sir Percy, Chamber would continue his heroic adventures wearing black armor to honor his mentor and wielding a mystical blade not unlike the Ebony Blade and Excalibur. As where Arthur and Percy were guided by Merlin, Chamber is aided in his efforts by someone whom he believes to be Nyneve, the Lady of the Lake, but who is in fact the Morrigan, a very powerful -- and some would say evil -- Irish goddess who presides over war, strife and sovereignty. While she appears to be working on the side of the angels, the Morrigan's true intentions may ultimately cost Chamber his mortal soul.
    Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Sorry for my long absence. The holiday schedule took a toll in my workflow. Fortunately I made it in time. Here is my version of a prehistoric Frenzy. I spend hours researching the paleolithic age and early styles of clothing. Hopefully I did it justice. Enjoy.

Attachment 30497
    She's exactly how I'd imagine Prehistoric Frenzy would look.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    Well, I did what I could with it, lol. Unfortunately, I'm not great with photoshop, so the coloring is pretty basic. Anyway.

Attachment 30629

#88 - The Shadow King

During some striking advancements for the Ice Age, many tribes were learning it was the one named Amahl that was discovering these new tricks, like better structural designs for shelter, sturdier weapons for hunting, etc etc. Amahl enjoyed something of a celebrity status, but soon enough, this being so highly revered corrupted him. He quickly became a narcissistic, greedy man. Anyone asking for help would have to give half their monthly findings, or offer him women for sexual use. He also developed a bit of a paranoia. As it turned out, the advances he was making, he was not responsible for. He was pulling knowledge from the minds around him, stealing ideas every which way. He feared the people of the surrounding tribes would learn his secret and turn on him.

Amahl marked a very important, dangerous part in history. He'd grown so corrupt, that he became the first man of pure evil. And the first nightmare he had when there was no good left was the birth of a malevolent creature. This marks its birth. It will grow by feeding on the darkness of those Amahl corrupted on his own, and then continue its path until it is strong enough to control the entire living world.

Isn't he cute, though?

Alright. Uh. May I have #15?
    Loving your style of art!

I present...

90s Dazzler

The opportunities were endless with Dazzler, the 90s being a very pop-culture oriented decade. I could of gone grunge, girl group/teen pop, ska, among many other options for Dazzler but ultimately I went with electronica Dazzler in the end. My thought process behind this came from looking at my Lilandra who was influenced by 80s Cher. Two big gay icons, Madonna and Cher, both opted for a more electronic influenced sound in the late 90s, with Ray of Light and Believe. Dazzler debuted at the end of the 70s originally as a disco star. This one I imagine debuted circa 1998.

Dazzler took disco and added electronica to it. Her origin is pretty much the same, except it takes place almost 20 years later where she plays the clubs as DJ Blaire, the Dazzler. Dazzler sings to the music she makes and provides her own light show with her mutant abilities, making her the complete package and a crowd favorite among ravers. Her first hit is "Go for it!"

My next pick will be #79, the 70s.
    Oh man, this is awesome. Very Sporty Spice.... You have selected: Nightcrawler

V

IV

III

II

This Earth's Donna Troy Donna M.'s Avatar

Another X-Jam! I'll take #33, please!

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.B View Post
    Oh man, this is awesome. Very Sporty Spice.... You have selected: Nightcrawler
    Can I select another Era? Nightcrawler came from the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna M. View Post
    Another X-Jam! I'll take #33, please!
    Okay, you have selected: Jean Grey

Can I select another Era? Nightcrawler came from the 70s.
    Sure, not a problem

V

IV

III

II

Didn't receive a warning PM, but I will have Moonstar in by the 11th. Sorry for the delay... Life and all that.

I'll do Feudal Japan for Nightcrawler.

I'll do Feudal Japan for Nightcrawler.
    Also if Feudal Japan Siryn is not completed by the deadline I can work that in as well.

Another also to my already existing also, Marvel Jam will be delayed as I'm on vacation for some of February (starting on the 14th) so I'll be starting that when I get back on the 20th. Running these on vacation are difficult as attempted previously.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

#16 Namor 1950s era

While I was tempted to do Namor as a greaser ... or a sock hopper ... or a jock in a letterman sweater, I'm still on a historical military uniform bent these days. The inspiration here is the Royal Australian Regiment uniforms during the Korean War era. I've taken some license with the uniform, since (a.) every picture of the uniform that I could find on the net was in black and white, and (b.) most of the combat uniforms were very simple, if not understated. When you consider some of the costumes that Namor has worn in the past, he probably feels a little overdressed in the hat, camp shirt, shorts, socks and boots.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'll take #67 next please. If it's a man, the era will be the 80s. If it's a woman, it will be the 90s era. If it's asexual or a hermaphrodite, let's make it the Present day.