Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope it's a good script.
    ...CTRL+F "Constantine"...

Hmmmmmmm.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Zatanna movie needs to be iron man levels of successful. Only then they'll think about introducing other characters to ultimately form the JLD.

Emerald Fennell doesn't seem like that kind of writer. She's new and inexperienced. The whole thing being done under JJ Abraham's Bad Robot doesn't sound good at all to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope it's a good script.
    Me to....and I hope we get another Zatanna run as good as Paul Dini's.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Zatanna movie needs to be iron man levels of successful. Only then they'll think about introducing other characters to ultimately form the JLD.

Emerald Fennell doesn't seem like that kind of writer. She's new and inexperienced. The whole thing being done under JJ Abraham's Bad Robot doesn't sound good at all to me.
    It isn’t if you were hoping Zatanna wouldn’t be paired with Constantine.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It isn’t if you were hoping Zatanna wouldn’t be paired with Constantine.
    Well, I'm sure that's the endgame but I can at least hope her solo stuff is good.

Astonishing Member

Actually, I'm willing for Zatanna to be teamed with Constantine, so long as it's clear at all times that she holds him in the complete contempt that he so thoroughly deserves. She should frequently point out that he's a POS whom she feels obligated to tolerate, but not to like.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Actually, I'm willing for Zatanna to be teamed with Constantine, so long as it's clear at all times that she holds him in the complete contempt that he so thoroughly deserves. She should frequently point out that he's a POS whom she feels obligated to tolerate, but not to like.
    I'd love to see her punch Constantine more .

Extraordinary Member

There is no way to do this that would t make her into the no fun female type. It be a bad look.

Not for too long. Otherwise it just creates that impression that she *has* to be paired with him at all times.

It should just be a one in done where she liked him at first then realizes how much an ******* he is, breaks up with him and moves on. It's clear they are never getting back together.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Not for too long. Otherwise it just creates that impression that she *has* to be paired with him at all times.

It should just be a one in done where she liked him at first then realizes how much an ******* he is, breaks up with him and moves on. It's clear they are never getting back together.
    Yeah, although writers just can't seem to help themselves when it comes to the relationship.

'The Rules of Magic' : https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/abo...0?source=share

in which I talk about the rules and classification of magic and offer my own spin on it. I managed to fit in so many characters in this; Vixen, Bloodwynd, Max Mercury, Alan Scott and even the connection to the GLC via the Empire of Tears on Ysmault. Even made a case for Jonnny and Jesse Quick's powers being magic based as well.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    'The Rules of Magic' : https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/abo...2?source=share

in which I talk about the rules and classification of magic and offer my own spin on it. I managed to fit in so many characters in this; Vixen, Bloodwynd, Max Mercury, Alan Scott and even the connection to the GLC via the Empire of Tears on Ysmault. Even made a case for Jonnny and Jesse Quick's powers being magic based as well.
    Thank you for it, it’s a great post. Would like to reread it again xd. I like the little joke with Phantom Stranger strange story. The venn diagram is very helpful.
    Never thought DC magic is quite big and encompassing lot of different rules of magic plus with overlapping components. Haven’t read a lot of literature with clear magic rules, I remember the hard equivalent law magic in Fullmetal Alchemist.

You're welcome.

And yeah, magic in the DCU is very loose and open ended.

I enjoyed trying to stream line Tynion Iv's rules. My ideas aren't new, it's really just a different way of categorizing magical characters.

Artist Paul Renaud posted this on twitter.

Tweet-https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulRENAU...68125460226051

Does anyone know if he has some upcoming work for DC? It might feature the JLD.

Dem fishnet arms...