Page 156 of 772 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256656 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 11576

Knull mentions in savage avengers out of all the people he has possessed Storm is the most powerful (you only see her for one panel). Iceman gets a really nice showing and Duggan just don't get bishop voice imo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This will not be that issue. Delayed and less text than anybook i think i've seen aside from silent issues. Just wow. LOL. I just find it funny at this point. A bunch of three word caption panels. Acuna did ALL the work. ALL. Wow. I'm just going to leave these actual lines here.

"chain lightning: insupportable" and "pale justice:engaged."

If anyone else reads this maybe they can explain to what david did other than i don't even know to be honest.

Oh and storm is the definition of lightning Lass in this issue and Tchalla still talking.
    spoilers:
    I figured he was trying to link them into a hive mind since normal communication was impossible based on the dialogue from the previous. But the way Acuna draws it, it seemed like they weren't really quardinated to fight as one. More line of sight fighting as we see in normal books. Considering Storm took out an entire fleet by herself, combining with Monica to shoot a giant lightning bolt seems like an insult. Lol.

As a four dollar art book it's good, but it's a lot of story to try and wrap up in one issue. This should have been last month as issue 23, with 24 being the final showdown and 25 being an epilogue.

Another weird thing is the Originators are considered "gods"(or might have always and I missed it)now based on a data/history page at the end. Overall I'd say the issue isnt bad just based on the art. But not great either

When did Gentle start throwing punches? Jean became his savior so hes not a pacifist anymore?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    spoilers:
    I figured he was trying to link them into a hive mind since normal communication was impossible based on the dialogue from the previous. But the way Acuna draws it, it seemed like they weren't really quardinated to fight as one. More line of sight fighting as we see in normal books. Considering Storm took out an entire fleet by herself, combining with Monica to shoot a giant lightning bolt seems like an insult. Lol.

As a four dollar art book it's good, but it's a lot of story to try and wrap up in one issue. This should have been last month as issue 23, with 24 being the final showdown and 25 being an epilogue.

Another weird thing is the Originators are considered "gods"(or might have always and I missed it)now based on a data/history page at the end. Overall I'd say the issue isnt bad just based on the art. But not great either

When did Gentle start throwing punches? Jean became his savior so hes not a pacifist anymore?
    end of spoilers
    I don't remember either. even in red the only action i can remember him having is when he sheilding Storm from her own lightning but that was about it if memory serves right.

The art was very good, this style works really well for Acuna.

These last two issues weren't really even needed or could have been one issue. Like nothing happened. And your right, my first thought was the same as yours on that "combo" lol.

I also found it hilarious there are no white people in the issue but they are dealing out pale justice. LMAO

spoilers:
    And all this time the Orisha was bast and co and we been really dealing with originators? Like WTF? He can't even decipher his own work, That little blurb about what the orisha is after how many issues. LMAO
    end of spoilers terrible writer.

spoilers:
    and if the originators are the first people of wakanda who evolved into gods then coates is basically saying the gods of wakanda were created by man. Doesn't that put them on a lower level thenike your gaia etc but way down there.
    end of spoilers Coates strikes again.he can keep my girl storm away from all that trash. No thanks. Lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

I don't remember either. even in red the only action i can remember him having is when he sheilding Storm from her own lightning but that was about it if memory serves right.

These last two issues weren't really even needed or could have been one issue. Like nothing happened. And your right, my first thought was the same as yours on that "combo" lol.

I also found it hilarious there are no white people in the issue but they are dealing out pale justice. LMAO

spoilers:
    And all this time the Orisha was bast and co and we been really dealing with originators? Like WTF? He can't even decipher his own work, That little blurb about what the orisha is after how many issues. LMAO

spoilers:
    and if the originators are the first people of wakanda who evolved into gods then coates is basically saying the gods of wakanda were created by man. Doesn't that put them on a lower level thenike your gaia etc but way down there.
    end of spoilers Coates strikes again.he can keep my girl storm away from all that trash. No thanks. Lol
    spoilers:
    Didn’t read the issue and I have no intention of doing so lol but Coates did say in his second arc that the Orisha are the children of the Elder Gods. They just unlocked their divine potential through the worship of early Wakandans. So technically they’re still on par with other pantheons but they just have a vastly different origin because up until Coates there had been no indication that a child of an Elder God (Gaia) had to “ascend” into godhood, they were simply born that way (like Thor, who is basically a half brother of sorts to Bast). What did the blurb about the gods say?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    spoilers:
    Didn’t read the issue and I have no intention of doing so lol but Coates did say in his second arc that the Orisha are the children of the Elder Gods. They just unlocked their divine potential through the worship of early Wakandans. So technically they’re still on par with other pantheons but they just have a vastly different origin because up until Coates there had been no indication that a child of an Elder God (Gaia) had to “ascend” into godhood, they were simply born that way (like Thor, who is basically a half brother of sorts to Bast). What did the blurb about the gods say?
    end of spoilers
    Yes, yes he did which is what makes it even more head scratching. lol. This is what is said now and i don't think this is a spoiler because it's after the issue where they are telling you to pick up other stuff. Attachment 107705

Okay i misread it. IT can also be read as Bast is still from Gaia but all these years Tchalla and them have been basically worshipping colonizer gods who stole wakanda from it's true gods that were humans turned into gods. lol. those dashes make it hard to know where to start and stop and whats connected.
    Last edited by jwatson; 03-24-2021 at 05:30 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Yes, yes he did which is what makes it even more head scratching. lol. This is what is said now and i don't think this is a spoiler because it's after the issue where they are telling you to pick up other stuff. Attachment 107705

Okay i misread it. IT can also be read as Bast is still from Gaia but all these years Tchalla and them have been basically worshipping colonizer gods who stole wakanda from it's true gods that were humans turned into gods. lol. those dashes make it hard to know where to start and stop and whats connected.
    The Originators being referred to as gods literally came out of nowhere last issue so I get the confusion lol. Up until issue #23 we weren’t given any reason to think they even had any superhumans among them let alone every single one of them being gods. Which opens more questions than it answers. If the Originators are the original gods of Wakanda who elevated them into godhood via worship since that must’ve taken place before humans got there? Or did humans first worship the Originators then birth the Orisha? If so why was that not explained to us by Zawavari when he explained Wakandan divine history 3 years ago? Did they start out as human and when they achieved godchild did they start looking like monsters?

What are the Originators even gods of, none of them are named, they were a season long villain and we have no sense of their lore or culture. To be frank they seemed only partially sentient, more like a hive mind than a legitimate culture. It doesn’t make sense at all. The only reason I can think this was randomly put in the book is because editorial didn’t want the Originators to be pure Native American analogues so Coates made them dangerous gods to make them not quite as sympathetic. Regardless, the idea is half-baked like much of Coates’ worldbuilding and doesn’t fit with the initial narrative we were given. And how does Storm even fit into this? If she’s a god now where’s her divine transformation? With what we know of Wakandan divinity Storm hasn’t accessed that full potential, how can Wakandans worship a being that cannot or will not fully inhabit their divine role. Thor woulda got his head knocked in trying to tell the Vikings he was a god if he couldn’t really prove it lol.

spoilers:

spoilers:
    I realized why there isn't much dialogue. Coates cant write "banter". And these quick action scenes are the kind that requiem it. Lol

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    where did he say that? what issue.

can't wait to read both savage avengers and BP. I've hearing good things from my sources on twitter.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The Originators being referred to as gods literally came out of nowhere last issue so I get the confusion lol. Up until issue #23 we weren’t given any reason to think they even had any superhumans among them let alone every single one of them being gods. Which opens more questions than it answers. If the Originators are the original gods of Wakanda who elevated them into godhood via worship since that must’ve taken place before humans got there? Or did humans first worship the Originators then birth the Orisha? If so why was that not explained to us by Zawavari when he explained Wakandan divine history 3 years ago? Did they start out as human and when they achieved godchild did they start looking like monsters?

What are the Originators even gods of, none of them are named, they were a season long villain and we have no sense of their lore or culture. To be frank they seemed only partially sentient, more like a hive mind than a legitimate culture. It doesn’t make sense at all. The only reason I can think this was randomly put in the book is because editorial didn’t want the Originators to be pure Native American analogues so Coates made them dangerous gods to make them not quite as sympathetic. Regardless, the idea is half-baked like much of Coates’ worldbuilding and doesn’t fit with the initial narrative we were given. And how does Storm even fit into this? If she’s a god now where’s her divine transformation? With what we know of Wakandan divinity Storm hasn’t accessed that full potential, how can Wakandans worship a being that cannot or will not fully inhabit their divine role. Thor woulda got his head knocked in trying to tell the Vikings he was a god if he couldn’t really prove it lol.
    I don't think this run will be remembered as a pivatol run at all. I truly think this will be packaged as something for black children and unfortunately this is what they are going to be read. YAY Divesity! Sometimes you really have to be careful what you wish for cause yeesh. I would have sat this one out with all the white heros if i was storm.

Then when you get to those questions of divinity and what does Storm have to do with it, it also brings up the question of what does her birthright have to do with it. Was Coates simply using hyperbole and trying to say "she was born to be a god, because yeah, originators, ohhh wee they don't know how this ending..." So the gift of god hood is being born.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I don't think this run will be remembered as a pivatol run at all. I truly think this will be packaged as something for black children and unfortunately this is what they are going to be read. YAY Divesity! Sometimes you really have to be careful what you wish for cause yeesh. I would have sat this one out with all the white heros if i was storm.

Then when you get to those questions of divinity and what does Storm have to do with it, it also brings up the question of what does her birthright have to do with it. Was Coates simply using hyperbole and trying to say "she was born to be a god, because yeah, originators, ohhh wee they don't know how this ending..." So the gift of god hood is being born.
    I would expect the final issue to having Coates giving away godhood like Oprah gives cars. Lol

I would expect the final issue to having Coates giving away godhood like Oprah gives cars. Lol
    I would not doubt it. Iron Fist going to be somewhere like "Damn i should have went to the cookout." lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

nvm i found it

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I would not doubt it. Iron Fist going to be somewhere like "Damn i should have went to the cookout." lol
    That would be crazy though. If Wakandans start preying and all the heroes who showed up started glowing with Devine energy. It would parallel the BS origin story he wrote in the second arc.

That would be crazy though. If Wakandans start preying and all the heroes who showed up started glowing with Devine energy. It would parallel the BS origin story he wrote in the second arc.
    as the scan above shows you have to descend from the Elder gods to be a god. that was how Bast and co first came to be.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-24-2021 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    as the scan above shows you have to descend from the Elder gods to be a god. that was how Bast and co first came to be.
    The scan leaves enough wiggle room. Shuri says "it is said". Just like with Wakandan history that Coates said wasn't true. So anything is possible. Lol