Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It runs deeper than that, I'm afraid.

Maher gets away with it because he's 'liberal' and 'just being politically incorrect'.

There's a reason he's the liberal that I get told by conservatives that I'm supposed to give a crap about.
    But Tendrin!
    He's just challenging your vyoooos when he is being a racist chauvinist asshole! Can't you see that? If you could bring yourself to think more like a major asshole, you could appreciate his pee oh vee.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Maybe right wing country musicians could hold another series of "Farm Aid" concerts to save the farmers from bankruptcy.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

iMan 42s

Predictions abroad on Trump and Syria; Troops will be moved in at the least but he will use it to further close borders or try to justify another immigrant ban. This is his scapegoat. He will try to fight a battle and outright fail.

Predictions on Trump and Farmers locally; No one here is going to be happy with him.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Maybe right wing country musicians could hold another series of "Farm Aid" concerts to save the farmers from bankruptcy.
    Plenty of right wing country shitkicker musicians, so yeah, that could work.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Predictions abroad on Trump and Syria; Troops will be moved in at the least but he will use it to further close borders or try to justify another immigrant ban. This is his scapegoat. He will try to fight a battle and outright fail.
    THE SYRIANS ARE COMING! THE SYRIANS ARE COMING! WE NEED THE WALL TO KEEP THE SYRIANS OUT!

Sadly, there will be no shortage of brain dead Trumpanzees who’ll fall for that bullshit.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    LOL gutsy move by FBI, but not totally surprised by it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    This is fine.

Hillary was right!

Well ... the FBI raid explains why Trump is being blustery today. More than usual.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

I dunno. Farmers live on a razors edge, especially in California, where most of their product go to China, and have been battling droughts for years.

Of course it's California, so effing them is okay. Now, my state grows mostly corn & soybean, which will be hurt by the tariff.

Sadly, most of these farmers will vote for Trump in two years because nobody does research.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    You'd be wrong.

Maher has engaged in Islamphobic bigotry and chauvinism on multiple occasions. It's one of the many reasons I don't like him, despite agreeing with him on some things.
    Not to be a stickler, but I hated that in Religulous, he only went after "New World" religions and ignored exploring the religions of the East (Buddhism, Hinduism, & Shintoism). Felt like he was just being cute going after the obvious targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind that Paul Ryan stays up late at night and touches himself while thinking about gutting medicare.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Not to be a stickler, but I hated that in Religulous, he only went after "New World" religions and ignored exploring the religions of the East (Buddhism, Hinduism, & Shintoism). Felt like he was just being cute going after the obvious targets.
    but isn't Hinduism more goal-based; as opposed to muh god tells me how to live and how to judge others? asking honestly/I don't do religion.

BANNED

Buddhism and Shintoism don't have judgmental and fanatical followers telling people they are going to HELLLLL

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That is so far from reality. He obviously hates Fox News and routinely goes after him.

He is very liberal, but also a libertarian. His views on the boycott were personal because he lost a show due to right wingers calling for a boycott.

I don't agree with Maher all the time and I don't think he is a torch bearer for the Progressives. But he puts on a good show often with interesting guests, with a definite liberal and very anti-Trump slant.

What you said is basically absurd.
    I'd second this estimation of Maher except on one note. Though I don't doubt that a lot of conservatives assailed Maher for his 9-11 comment, my memory is that the society as a whole got mad at Maher for saying anything remotely complimentary about the terrorists.

Maybe some liberal pundits defended his right to free speech, but I sure don't recall any. I think it was a big grass-roots condemnation that caused sponsors to withdraw within the space of a few weeks.