Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    New cast seems crowded. I’m disappointed that Bishop has to stay in this book. He’d fit much better in X-Force alongside Domino and Logan IMO.
    Completely agree.

Mighty Member

I’m looking forward to a change. I wonder if their mission statement will change as well?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Pyro can finally be with his husbro Avalanche in another book. HOPEFULLY. Please universe give me that.
    We can only wish. I'd settle for a background shot of them holding hands at the Green Lagoon bar.

It's wild that what was announced wasn't the whole cast - that's already seven whole people with big enough characters that are likely to eat up a bulk of the page time. I wonder if Bishops' War College is going to be like a supporting cast.

My guesses/hopes:
    Marrow (who was in Curse of the Man Thing)
    Shard
    Wave (who randomly appeared in that Marvel's Voices story with Bishop)
    someone else from the recently cancelled X-Factor (hoping for Prodigy or Rachel)

The X-Office really hates Bobby for some reason.

Glad to see Kwannon jumping to another main roster since Hellions is ending soon. She’s been a fabulous breakout character this Krakoa era. The Jim Lee swimsuit really needs to be retired though.

And Rachel better be one of the possibly unannounced members of the team. Even if it’s just psychic support. She needs a new home roster and we need her reunited with Kate again.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    It's possible he's part of the unannounced cast members or he'll be featured in another book for the relaunch of the line.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

People worried about Iceman when he's been in books since the Blue/Gold era.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by MYCMTSC View Post
    It's wild that what was announced wasn't the whole cast - that's already seven whole people with big enough characters that are likely to eat up a bulk of the page time. I wonder if Bishops' War College is going to be like a supporting cast.

My guesses/hopes:
    Marrow (who was in Curse of the Man Thing)
    Shard
    Wave (who randomly appeared in that Marvel's Voices story with Bishop)
    someone else from the recently cancelled X-Factor (hoping for Prodigy or Rachel)
    If Steve is doing that, Marrow seems very likely. Steve LOVES Sarah.

I'm so jazzed to see this Somnus fellow get developed further too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Iceman has a history of being left out. Claremont barely used him during his 16 year run. Iceman is more "known" by cartoon, movies, media, and video games than the series itself. So much potential.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Iceman was a mainstay of Louise Simonson's X-Factor right into the 90' and 2000's in the various X-Men iterations. So it's not like he was ever sidelined significantly for any length of time.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I hope Somnus gets a new costume. I like the cape and the star field shirt, but I'm not fond of the teal jacket and pants.

I think the reason people are mentioning Iceman being dropped from the cast specifically is because Duggan so clearly lost what little interest he had in writing him after, like, the fourth issue. He, Pyro, and Bishop got such a raw deal in this book.

I'm thrilled that the announcement of this book suggests that the Wolverine weekly isn't going to be the only thing to read in the beginning of the year, and that it's importance was being over-hyped and will hopefully be skip-able for those who don't want to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    IMO if not dead Bobby, Scott, Warren, Ugly Blue Monster, & the red head Chick should always be prevalent in an X comic of some sort their OG's it's only fair.
    Last edited by Journey; 10-06-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    If Steve is doing that, Marrow seems very likely. Steve LOVES Sarah.

I'm so jazzed to see this Somnus fellow get developed further too.
    If i recall right from an interview, she was his favorit in his youth, but he later found much more interest in Daken. Which makes me hope he isn't turning a blind eye on such characters past crimes when he writes them as part of hero teams.

Anti-heros, refromed villains or villians forced into doing good are perfectly fine for cape comics when done right, but the moral groundwork needs to maintained, which means in the former two cases past crimes need to be adressed, remembered and the characters need to atone for them (at best willingly, grudgingly can work too if sincere motives are in play).

Something i feel the post Claremont X-comics often seem to have ignored or lazily handwaved when they threw villains on the hero teams (unless they were basicly "kept on a leash" ala Sabertooth during Carey's run). Daken in particular feels like he got a blank check by most writers because of being Wolverine's "wayward" son. Despite the mountain of victims he produced over decades without any remorse.

So perhaps Orlando would do good in actualy adressing that Daken's behaviour, mentality and past should not simply be ignored as "that's just who he is" if he is supposed to be an anti-hero in the story. The character doesn't need to lose his "edge", but just writing him in his old villain ways while thinking it's okay to be that way on a hero team has been a troublesome standard for him. Liking a character should mean knowing their pros and cons equaly and balancing them out when writing them (as heros or villains).

Same actualy goes for Marrow. I feel she never properly admited to her past deeds during her time as X-men or really sought to atone for them. Then the whole slippery slope of random small roles started, during which she just got more evil deeds on her slate (with the exception of X-force). So i consider her to be 20 years behind in proper character development (currently she doesn't make either a good villain or hero anymore).

Which in turn is why i would prefer to see her as part of a more character focused smaller team, rather than squeezed into a larger supporting cast for the Marauders relaunch.

The team seems kind of small to me. I would actually prefer a larger rotating team as mutants are galatic now so it would be nice to see the mutant rescuing extend to other dimensions and worlds rather than the same old earth based rescues.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/