Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Honestly, I think a *lot* of characters (and some teams) would benefit from not having a monthly book, so much as a series of limited runs that tell a specific story that a creator or creative team is itching to tell, and then finishing up gracefully when they are done (and thereby avoiding any crossover / event tie-in crap derailing any story momentum they've got going on). Instead of 'We need X number of Batman/Wolverine/Justice League/Avengers/etc. books on the shelves, even if we don't have any specific stories to tell with them this month' just telling self-contained stories like has happened with the Widow runs seems like the best thing.
    I would agree with that I just hope that Marvel remains receptive to more Black Widow pitches. I think she successfully fills a niche no other Marvel hero does which is the cornerstone of a good book.

Honestly, I think a *lot* of characters (and some teams) would benefit from not having a monthly book, so much as a series of limited runs that tell a specific story that a creator or creative team is itching to tell, and then finishing up gracefully when they are done (and thereby avoiding any crossover / event tie-in crap derailing any story momentum they've got going on). Instead of 'We need X number of Batman/Wolverine/Justice League/Avengers/etc. books on the shelves, even if we don't have any specific stories to tell with them this month' just telling self-contained stories like has happened with the Widow runs seems like the best thing.
    Definitely agree. Best thing about limited series is you don't have to worry about the book being pulled into any crossovers/events.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

I definitely would love to see Susan Storm get a solo book, though that seems to be very unlikely under the current climate. Elsa Bloodstone, Spectrum and Mania would also make for some pretty fun books.

It's a shame that Carol Danvers' own book fell off the wagon since KSD left (not helped by the nonsense that was Civil War II), because there was plenty of potential in her turn as Captain Marvel. Hopefully, the upcoming movie will help bring new life and a new direction on the comics side.

I'd love an Invisibe a Woman series. Probably less popular choices, but I'd be up for Smasher (beautifully introduced by Hickman then became more and more scarce) and Viv Vision (a teen android...such possibilities) too.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I'd love an Invisibe a Woman series. Probably less popular choices, but I'd be up for Smasher (beautifully introduced by Hickman then became more and more scarce) and Viv Vision (a teen android...such possibilities) too.
    Ah yes, Smasher. Good choice there. Has she done anything of any significance since Hickman finished Secret Wars? I quite liked her even if her romance story felt a bit rushed.

As for Viv. I wouldn't be against it but I would be particularly interested either personally.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Ah yes, Smasher. Good choice there. Has she done anything of any significance since Hickman finished Secret Wars? I quite liked her even if her romance story felt a bit rushed.

As for Viv. I wouldn't be against it but I would be particularly interested either personally.
    I believe she is set to turn up in US Avengers when they start the Search for Cannonball arc.

Marvel has done a great job giving opportunities to female characters, even if some of the creative choices have been...questionable. Hellcat, while a favorite character, was not a book I could stick with long due to the art. By the same token, there have been other books of favorite characters I haven't liked the artistic choices Marvel has made for the books...Spider Woman, Kris Anka's Captain Marvel just to name a couple or major flaws for me. (Although I did love the writing on SW, but as others have said, CM still hasn't found the footing she had unde KSD.)
    I would love to see Marvel give Spider-Woman another shot. Others I would like to see Marvel give a run, even if brief are...
    Polaris
    Jan van Dyne
    Black Cat
    Thundra
    Titania (with or without Creel.)
    Mockingbird (that plays more into her super heroics as much as her spy days.)
    Dazzler
    Silver Sable

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Pretty sure one was rumoured for Viv, or at least a Visions series with her father. She has a corner box headshot, though that's almost certainly for Champions.

Astonishing Member

Medusa, written by G. Willow Wilson.

And gosh, I'd love to death a book about Finesse or Komodo, or even just them appearing in a team book again, but that seems unlikely, at this point.
    Finesse had so much potential to be an awesome character but sadly she is probably stuck in character limbo forever. Which sucks.
    I literally just want to know if Taskmaster is her dad or not, darnit!
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    Can we give a book to Betty Ross again? She along with most Hulk cast members seem to just up & vanished after Gerry Duggan's run.
    I liked that Red She Hulk solo from a years back. Even tho it was super weird.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I believe she is set to turn up in US Avengers when they start the Search for Cannonball arc.

Polaris
    Jan van Dyne
    Black Cat
    Thundra
    Titania (with or without Creel.)
    Mockingbird (that plays more into her super heroics as much as her spy days.)
    Dazzler
    Silver Sable
    Thanks for answering my question

As for your choices. Well, I've mentioned Jan in my one so obviously I agree with you there.

Dazzler, Silver Sable, Titania, Polaris and Black Cat would definitely pique my interest too, though I'm not really into Thundra so that wouldn't really interest me. As for Mockingbird, I wouldn't say no to a new run, main reason I didn't mention her in my ''wishlist'' so to speak is because like Jessica Drew she's had one recently.

Good list overall

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan
    Finesse had so much potential to be an awesome character but sadly she is probably stuck in character limbo forever. Which sucks.
    I literally just want to know if Taskmaster is her dad or not, darnit!
    I kind of want the answer to be not.

When Finesse was introduced, she was a polymath, able to pick up languages, sciences, arts, music, computers, intrusion and spycraft, dancing *and* martial arts with preternatural ease.

Once the 'Taskmaster junior' sub-plot wandered around, she lost all of that and became just a martial artist who was good at copying other martial artists. That, IMO, was a huge downgrade. She could have been learning science-y stuff from Pym, Richards, Tony Stark, von Doom, etc., leadership skills from Captain America, Scott Summers, etc., and instead she's just copying Bullseye vs. Daredevil on PayPerVue (as Taskmaster pointed out). I want polymath Jeannette with her unique skills, not martial artist #231.

Just thought of one that I think could make for an interesting read. Domino.

Here is what I have tried so far

Mockingbird - Interesting to say the least. Curious to see where the story goes and I hope it keeps up its unpredictability.

Spider-Gwen - Not enjoying this at all. It feels really pointless.

A-Force - Blah. The characters are cool when they work together like this. But the story just isn't good.

She-Hulk - Not referring to the newest books. Just in general. I feel the She-Hulk books are definitely the best female Marvel title out there.

Spider-Woman - Not bad. Well written and brings a new concept to Superhero-ism. I enjoy it.

Captain Marvel - Haven't really enjoyed this that much. Pretty underwhelming so far.

Jane Thor - Thought this seriously sucked at first, but got better.

Ms. Marvel - Enjoying this a lot. Great stories, however I just don't like this Kamala character at all.

If it isn't the X-Ladies I just don't think that much about these female counterparts. If you ask me, Misty Knight, Black Widow, Spider-Woman, Kamala, She-Hulk are the only females that are worth having their own books.

A-Force

Wrong thread but this is the name of a team I was trying to place earlier and couldn't remember so thanks for accidentally helping me remember their name LOL.