Page 149 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2854

Mate, that is beautiful
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

the only negative reaction you can get here is some folks freaking out about some organisation related mistake, but that's more on them than on you.
    I personally like crowded book corners as much as a well organised wall of books. And I like your set up too!

I appreciate nice neat bookshelves and OCD organisation. However, I also absolutely love walking into an old second hand bookshop where everything is just disorganised and all over the place and there is an old guy behind the counter watching Dad's Army. There is something very homely about disorganised bookshelves haha
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Thanks guys! Not sure what I've been doing wrongly, so just going to crack on. If it's thumbnails I'm having... well, I guess people can click on them.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Okay, seeing as I've messed up the first version of this: Top shelf and then a section for TF and Death's Head stuff. As you can see from the top shelf, the other thing I like to collect is 1970s and 1980s mugs with comic characters on them.

This section starts with more Marvel UK stuff then moves on to one of my obsessions. I decided a while ago (don't ask - I don't know why) that I was going to collect the whole of the Marvel Graphic Novel line. These were European-sized GNs, nearly always original material.

The whole list is here:
    http://www.boomvavavoom.com/gnlist.html

and here:

http://comicsbulletin.com/definitive...c-novels-list/

Obviously once I realised that there were DC ones too I started trying to collect them as well. It's a little harder though, as they don't seem to have had a massive UK release.

I'm still missing a couple of Moebius ones, because I'm not prepared to spend stupid money, and hunting things down for a decent price is part of the thrill. Also, those books seem to alternate between Epic printings, Titan Books, and Moebius 1/2 is by Graphitti, and Moebius 0 is by Dark Horse. I also still need to get Conan the Rogue, Conan: The Ravagers Out of Time, Wolverine: Bloody Choices and The Punisher: Return to Big Nothing.

There's also a pile of books at the end of this section. One of my most prized possessions is my set of Iain M Banks sci-fi 1st editions. I was at a discussion and signing in Edinburgh years ago that he was jointly hosting with Terry Pratchett. They both kindly signed everything put their way - however many books people have brought. I made them both sign each other's for a laugh. They did so, and wrote a few tongue-in-cheek insults about each other in some of them. Still very sad that two of my favourite writers died too soon.
    4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg
    Last edited by milton75; 11-29-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Next is a mix of odds and ends that I haven't yet sorted followed by my next obsession. For some reason I decided I would try to seek out every Titan Books collection released in their "black spine" series in the 1980s. As you can see, there are quite a few.
    Also in this section are assorted Euro-size books on Comcat, Comico, Catalan Communications, etc.

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Next a bit of a mish-mash. Bit of Grant Morrison and Alan Moore, etc.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Bit more 2000ad stuff. Bit of Marvel. Bit more Moore.

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by milton75 View Post
    Next a bit of a mish-mash. Bit of Grant Morrison and Alan Moore, etc.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg
    Is that a first edition The Hobbit?
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I was just having a broke and noticed your 'The Black Magician' books, one of my favourite series, although both my paperback and hardback copies are worse off thanks to years of attic storage (I know...), and it brought my attention to the sequel trilogy which I was unaware of, so thank you!
    Welcome

My collection looks nothing like this now, all omnis, book books have been moved to the top of a wardrobe XD

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    It looks like the illustrated oversized edition I first discovered in my school library circa 1980, which was my first exposure to Tolkien. iirc that edition came out at the tail end of the late 60s/early 70s Tolkien craze, so not a first edition (which would have dated much earlier), but it might be a first printing of that illustrated version.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I wish!

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    It looks like the illustrated oversized edition I first discovered in my school library circa 1980, which was my first exposure to Tolkien. iirc that edition came out at the tail end of the late 60s/early 70s Tolkien craze, so not a first edition (which would have dated much earlier), but it might be a first printing of that illustrated version.

-M
    Yeah, it's that one with occasional glossy illustrations. The edition I have is 1990!

Last few pics...

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

When I get a bit more room I'll get out the Doctor Who trades and the Asterix and Tintin stuff. I also was thinking of putting all the (usually short-lived) anthology stuff together, like Open Space, Taboo, A1, Epic Anthology, etc.

I know it's a bit of a mess, and tidying it up is on the To Do list!

How's that smoke/ashes?