Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

So...that ending with what happened to Routh Supes. Didn't see that coming. I'm torn though, a little pissed off we won't see what I was hoping to see ,yet I have to admit it's a great twist to end on going into January...and more Jon Cryer's Lex is a good thing indeed.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Lex you son of a ***** lmao that was perfect.

Regarding the Earths: They are clearly meant to be THE Donner/Singer Superman, THE Adam West Batman, etc but you know what? If you don’t like what they do with this echaracters you can totally ignore them. It’s like Doomsday Clock and the Watchmen TV show, even if you don’t like them they don’t “ruin” Watchmen imo.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    So...that ending with what happened to Routh Supes. Didn't see that coming. I'm torn though, a little pissed off we won't see what I was hoping to see ,yet I have to admit it's a great twist to end on going into January...and more Jon Cryer's Lex is a good thing indeed.
    I have to assume that when all is said and done all the other Earths will be restored anyway. I mean, they included the Titans universe with this. They aren't going to stop that just for this. Will Routh-man die the same way Earth 2 Superman did? I have no idea. But they aren't going to throw out all the other shows just for this. For all intents and purposes, Routh-man was created just for this. That's the great part about KC Superman; he can be used for anything.
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

So the rumor mill is interesting regarding Routh’s remaining role.

One of the leaks I heard weeks back indicated that Routh was being considered to ALSO play Dark Bruce as well if they couldn’t get Conroy.

It kind of makes sense that most of the bit roles were more or less adlibbed to whatever they could get. To a point where I gather Guggenheim is STILL trying to get more red skies cameos filmed even if just for the recap.

And the “important” multiverse characters were written with enough flexibility that they COULD conceivably have had existing Arrowverse actors play them with a few tweaks.

My money says they considered Dean Cain and Hatcher for Earth-75 and just used Hoechlin and Tulloch when that fell through.

Likewise with Earth-96 Superman, they probably would have dialed back the Donner references and had Hoechlin play both if Routh had declined.

And they had a few options for Earth-267 if Welling had declined. They might dial back other references but keep a retired Clark.

My understanding is that there are also some deleted scenes with double casting. Candice Patton mentioned another role she played and I THINK despite the speculation of the YouTube comment section about being Iris or alt Lois that it was going to be a gender swap earth where Iris is the Flash. Remember that the XS costume was also made partly in her size because it was her jacket. So my instinct is that you’d have speedster Iris in more or less the XS suit going by, of course, The Blur. Since that was the name Iris wanted to give Barry.

I get the impression Tom Cavanaugh was also primed for more double roles, some of which may have been filmed.

And can I say how great Black Lightning's response was to seeing Superman is real? That was awesome!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    And can I say how great Black Lightning's response was to seeing Superman is real? That was awesome!
    I don't watch Black Lightning or keep up with it ( nor have I Batwoman or Legends really...ive only been regularly watching Flash,Arrow and Supergirl. I just have finite time and can't follow everything,but Cres Williams is awesome and the little bit I seen of his character makes me want to check out his show.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 12-10-2019 at 08:08 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lex you son of a ***** lmao that was perfect.

Regarding the Earths: They are clearly meant to be THE Donner/Singer Superman, THE Adam West Batman, etc but you know what? If you don’t like what they do with this echaracters you can totally ignore them. It’s like Doomsday Clock and the Watchmen TV show, even if you don’t like them they don’t “ruin” Watchmen imo.
    Absolutely,and I fully expect them to leave it wide open those Earth's being restored or still existing in some form out there when the dust settles. Hopefully Routh Superman will still be out there to use in future stories

My guess is other than some characters dying for good or changing roles the ultimate ramifications of this crossover is going to be all the CW shows existing on Earth One complete with a new reordered timeline where Superman existed before Oliver became Arrow and Barry becoming Flash, making a interactions between team Flash, the Supers , whatever remains of Team arrow in Star City and the Legends all easier to happen as they are all co-existing on the same Earth. I believe there will still be parallel Earth's,maybe just some rejiggered ones .

Absolutely,and I fully expect them to leave it wide open those Earth's being restored or still existing in some form out there when the dust settles. Hopefully Routh Superman will still be out there to use in future stories

My guess is other than some characters dying for good or changing roles the ultimate ramifications of this crossover is going to be all the CW shows existing on Earth One complete with a new reordered timeline where Superman existed before Oliver became Arrow and Barry becoming Flash, making a interactions between team Flash, the Supers , whatever remains of Team arrow in Star City and the Legends all easier to happen as they are all co-existing on the same Earth. I believe there will still be parallel Earth's,maybe just some rejiggered ones .
    Oh, yeah. I will say, though... I'm pissed that we're probably not getting much more Routh-Superman. I was kinda hoping he'd be central. I should have known better, but still.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I like what they did to Routh’s superman, regarding planet staff. I was so done with "one bad day" narrative. It was sickening how joker fanboys touted it as some great philosophical truth. Also, it changes the whole injustice superman talk that casuals had on social media. Everytime lois got into life threatening trouble, some guy would bring up injustice. It doesn't even make sense. Lois lane has been getting in trouble has been going on since, time immemorial. Heck! Her getting into trouble was what caused superman to come out as superman in public in action comics #1. Otherwise, superman would have just continued working as an urban legend in the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Oh, yeah. I will say, though... I'm pissed that we're probably not getting much more Routh-Superman. I was kinda hoping he'd be central. I should have known better, but still.
    Yeah as I said,I'm conflicted over the ending. For the briefest of moments it looked like Routh Supes would step into the role as "team captain" leading into the final battle next month, but to have that snatched from us is agonizing....

...but again , perfect given what a complete D-bag Cryer's Lex is. I have to admit it was a wickedly clever twist and a great sting to leave on until next month.

Seeing as there has been some BTS footage of the final battle with the anti-monitor going around ,and it looks like most everyone who "died" here tonight are present in the fight,it's possible Routh Superman will indeed return for the final face off.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Keep in mind we're talking about infinite universes here. A Donner-esque Superman is not the same thing as THE Donner Superman. Anymore than a Smallville-esque universe is THE Smallville universe. Both Smallville and the Superboy series established the concept of multiverses. Do we really believe that Earth 66 is the Adam West universe? Or that Earth 89 is the Burton-verse? Or that Earth 9 is the Titans TV show universe?
    I don't care what anyone says, THE Donner Superman is Christopher Reeve, not Brandon Routh.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I don't watch Black Lightning or keep up with it ( nor have I Batwoman or Legends really...ive only been regularly watching Flash,Arrow and Supergirl. I just have finite time and can't follow everything,but Cres Williams is awesome and the little bit I seen of his character makes me want to check out his show.
    As someone who doesn't much care for The CW takes on these characters, Black Lightning's been pretty damn solid.

They did an episode where they openly acknowledge Supergirl and there was a picture of him wearing a Superman shirt. So obviously he must exist as a fictional character in that universe. But he didn't seem to recognize Flash so who knows how far that extends.
    Assassinate Putin!

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

I hope there's more of Ruth's Superman. He is easily the scene stealer in this whole Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I like what they did to Routh’s superman, regarding planet staff. I was so done with "one bad day" narrative. It was sickening how joker fanboys touted it as some great philosophical truth. Also, it changes the whole injustice superman talk that casuals had on social media. Everytime lois got into life threatening trouble, some guy would bring up injustice. It doesn't even make sense. Lois lane has been getting in trouble has been going on since, time immemorial. Heck! Her getting into trouble was what caused superman to come out as superman in public in action comics #1. Otherwise, superman would have just continued working as an urban legend in the shadows.
    People are holding up Injustice as some of pinnacle of Superman storytelling or indicator of what could happen?

Yikes. I find Injustice to be the most idiotic fan fiction type of thing ever.