Page 537 of 865 FirstFirst ... 37437487527533534535536537538539540541547587637 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Latest. Really enjoying The Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post

Excellent selection, love stormwatch, let me know how Nameless reads, big Ellis fan

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I picked up TMNT vol.2 The IDW Collection from my LCS last night and I must say it's a beautiful book. The art looks great oversized and the build on the book is good. It's not a mousetrap. I didn't see if it would lay flat, now that I'm writing about it, when I get home I'll try to remember to look. Looks great next to vol.1 on the shelf even if the spines are different colors.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I picked up TMNT vol.2 The IDW Collection from my LCS last night and I must say it's a beautiful book. The art looks great oversized and the build on the book is good. It's not a mousetrap. I didn't see if it would lay flat, now that I'm writing about it, when I get home I'll try to remember to look. Looks great next to vol.1 on the shelf even if the spines are different colors.
    Got it yesterday as well but I don't think it looks good next to vol1. Same design but it's really dark. But that's really a minor complaint I'm glad it finally came out a year after v1. I just wish the spine colour would match a bit more. The IDW hardcovers are usually good quality and for the price they are asking they better be. Around 300 pages for 21 quid at the cheapest online seller. If all their hardcovers would be LE sized and top quality I wouldn't mind that much but this is basically your standard Image deluxe. Maybe a bit better paper.

Mighty Member

It's reassuring to hear the build quality is back up to par. My V1 wasn't falling apart like some have claimed but there clearly was some issue with the first signature, in my copy at least. And yes for that price this should be expected, and I have to say all the other idw ohc's I have are well constructed.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    It's reassuring to hear the build quality is back up to par. My V1 wasn't falling apart like some have claimed but there clearly was some issue with the first signature, in my copy at least. And yes for that price this should be expected, and I have to say all the other idw ohc's I have are well constructed.
    check out some of the LoAC-IDW stuff if you have a chance. Same price range but so much better quality and probably they even have to pay for restoration as well.

Incredible Member

Why can't IDW get their trade dress consistent on book spines within the same series and line? The Ultimate Collections had the same problem, with the standard editions having red-filled lettering for just volume 1, while the rest were white filled lettering. With the B&W variant covers, the spine lettering was red-filled for the first three volumes and white for the second three.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Why can't IDW get their trade dress consistent on book spines within the same series and line? The Ultimate Collections had the same problem, with the standard editions having red-filled lettering for just volume 1, while the rest were white filled lettering. With the B&W variant covers, the spine lettering was red-filled for the first three volumes and white for the second three.
    When IDW released the first idw turtles deluxe with Raphael on the cover and a red spine I (incorrectly in hindsight) guessed the next three volumes would be Leo, Donnie and mickey (blue, purple and orange) in an unknown order and I though "that'll be a bit garish but I get it" now volume 2 is out with splinter on the cover and a brown spine and I have no idea what the plan is.

Also, yes volume 1 of the mirage reprints with its red lettering makes me rage a little everytime I see it on my shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    When IDW released the first idw turtles deluxe with Raphael on the cover and a red spine I (incorrectly in hindsight) guessed the next three volumes would be Leo, Donnie and mickey (blue, purple and orange) in an unknown order and I though "that'll be a bit garish but I get it" now volume 2 is out with splinter on the cover and a brown spine and I have no idea what the plan is.

Also, yes volume 1 of the mirage reprints with its red lettering makes me rage a little everytime I see it on my shelf.
    it's more of a greyish colour than brown. Maybe it will be a turtle then another character then another turtle then another....raph-splinter-mikey-shredder-donatello-Rocksteady-leo-bebop
    or something like that.
    Still, weird and probably they just didn't plan at all.
    At least the design is the same it's just the colour that is off.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post

Well if Volume 2 features Splinter and the lettering is brown, that makes sense, since he's a brown rat. So they still might be doing what you thought they're going to do. It's probably a little unusual that they went with Splinter at all. I mean, it seems pretty likely that only the hardcore TMNT comics fans are reading the IDW series and finding/buying these deluxe editions, so maybe it doesn't matter who they put on the covers. But you'd think they might want to exploit the first four turtles to begin with before getting to Splinter or anyone else.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post

Yay! Nailbiter wasn't delayed again! And Nameless IS oversized eh? Hmm...

Thanks, complety forgot this was comming out with all the other books I want. I just wish they more volumes came out within a year. Its gonna take me forever to catch up with the release dates like this. But I do like how they have included the one shots in proper order with the main series. Also like the included bookmark :P. Havnt read vol 1 yet, but I know its something I have to like!

Complete Frank Miller RoboCop Omnibus for December:

http://www.amazon.de/Complete-Frank-...8251414&sr=1-1

Incredible Member

Well look what was waiting for me when I got home from the pub tonight.

This was a bit of a blind buy for me, I've been meaning to dabbling in this area of european comics for awhile now. They seem to be able to mix sexuality with sory telling a lot better than UK/USA story teller can so I'm looking forward to it.

Its also a lot bigger then I guessed it would be, here it is up against a standard IDW deluxe.

3 episodes in new season of DD and I love it. Punisher is great, he's not exactly what I've expected but works fine for series. Shame they didn't make him like in Ennis' run. Anyway, it's whole day with DD for me today.