Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    spoilers:
    The date on the Daily Planet in #8 is June 6, 2019. So looks like the events are now set at least 6 months in the future.
    end of spoilers
    Action Comics 1003 has the date September 26, 2018 in an email

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    Action Comics 1003 has the date September 26, 2018 in an email
    Bendis has said that they put things in those to throw people off intentionally. So while it's a knock against my theory it's possible that's intentionally misleading. Could be an old email.

BANNED

Have to admit Yoda, I really dig that you're sticking to your guns on this theory. Especially since it helps me with my current mood, I have a stomach-churning feeling something might happen to Lois and Clark in Doomsday Clock (Bendis may not wish to split them up, but what if that decision is out of his hands? Bleeding Cool did spread a rumour earlier this year that Didio wanted rid of Superman and Batman's relationships..and that's partially already come true following Batman#50), the only thing that keeps me calm besides your theory are Bendis' assurances that his year-long inaugural arc ends with the Kent family "just fine"

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Have to admit Yoda, I really dig that you're sticking to your guns on this theory. Especially since it helps me with my current mood, I have a stomach-churning feeling something might happen to Lois and Clark in Doomsday Clock (Bendis may not wish to split them up, but what if that decision is out of his hands? Bleeding Cool did spread a rumour earlier this year that Didio wanted rid of Superman and Batman's relationships..and that's partially already come true following Batman#50), the only thing that keeps me calm besides your theory are Bendis' assurances that his year-long inaugural arc ends with the Kent family "just fine"
    Clark and Lois relationship is not even the focus of the book.Book is too busy being too many things to focus on superman let alone his relationship . So how can you get anxious about Clark and Lois in that book? I don't think Didio has anything to do with that book. Doomsday clock is Geoff John's passion project.

Haha, thank you. I hope I'm not annoying people with it but the only arguments against it are the shorts (which the Superman Special in particular debunks), the notes in AC (which we now know some of which are intentionally misleading) and very old statements that it was set a year ahead of the DCU timeline which predate Bendis working at DC.

As for the actual events in Doomsday Clock, Bendis came on well after it was underway and knows where it is going. So I don't think he'd be making the statements he is about marriage in comics in general or Lois & Clark in particular if he knew he was essentially working on borrowed time. I don't think he signed with DC until after the first few issues were out.

And ultimately the main message of Doomsday Clock was about hope, connections, and relationships in the DCU being the antithesis of Manhattan's (and Watchmens) cynicism. So while I think it's possible something may happen to Lois or Clark within the series, whether through Manhattan or Ozy's maneuvering, I do not expect that anything negative will come out of this.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The BC rumor said it may happen after a Crisis event sets for 2020. You're worrying 2 years too early.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-03-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The BC rumor said it may happen after a Crisis event sets for 2020. You're worrying 2 years too early.
    Those rumors were pretty much debunked as well, with the "Crisis" they were talking about being a early 2019 storyline.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...re-ridiculous/

Those rumors were pretty much debunked as well, with the "Crisis" they were talking about being a early 2019 storyline.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...re-ridiculous/
    The "Crisis" is the Snyder's JL summer event then. 🤔

The "Crisis" is the Snyder's JL summer event then. ��
    Maybe, but it also could be Levithan since "Crisis" was a code name and Snyder's event is with the Legion of Doom. The Leviathan build up to that starts in Action 1007 (early 2019) with the actual event dropping summer 2019. Plus the person who gave Rich the initial rumor expected Batman to be married and we know that that didn't happen and if it happens at all won't be for a year or more. The Bat/Cat reunion isn't expected until at least Batman 75. I think whoever it was that gave him the info conflated Lois & Jon's sabatical from the books, the fact that the Batman marriage wasn't actually happening, and whatever event they had going on was code named "Crisis" and assumed it was the result of a reboot.

I honestly don't think Didio is as negative on Lois & Clark being married as he is Batman. For one, they literally just tried that 5 years ago and it worked so well they not only brought back the marriage but they added a kid. And Bendis is now pretty much on the record as saying he's looking to prove marriage in comics can work and likely plans to be on Superman for a very long time. Barring a collapse in sales like Grounded era, I don't expect them to muck with it too much.
    Last edited by Yoda; 12-03-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Maybe, but it also could be Levithan since "Crisis" was a code name and Snyder's event is with the Legion of Doom. The Leviathan build up to that starts in Action 1007 (early 2019) with the actual event dropping summer 2019. Plus the person who gave Rich the initial rumor expected Batman to be married and we know that that didn't happen and if it happens at all won't be for a year or more. The Bat/Cat reunion isn't expected until at least Batman 75. I think whoever it was that gave him the info conflated Lois & Jon's sabatical from the books, the fact that the Batman marriage wasn't actually happening, and whatever event they had going on was code named "Crisis" and assumed it was the result of a reboot.
    It could be a rumor originated from something that DC is currently (or was) considering but nothing is certain yet.

I honestly don't think Didio is as negative on Lois & Clark being married as he is Batman. For one, they literally just tried that 5 years ago and it worked so well they not only brought back the marriage but they added a kid. And Bendis is now pretty much on the record as saying he's looking to prove marriage in comics can work and likely plans to be on Superman for a very long time. Barring a collapse in sales like Grounded era, I don't expect them to muck with it too much.
    From my understanding DiDio doesn't like any marriage in comics with no exceptions.

From my understanding DiDio doesn't like any marriage in comics with no exceptions.
    I think Didio likes money and would marry every single one of the DCU couples in a heartbeat if he thought it would lead to continued increased sales. Regardless, it sounds like Didio has pretty much given Bendis the keys to the Superman side of the DCU for the foreseeable future. Until that changes, it's Bendis's opinions that are driving the line.

But we digress! I'm going to have to outline my Doomsday Clock theory completely sometime before it's completely disproven.

I think Didio likes money and would marry every single one of the DCU couples in a heartbeat if he thought it would lead to continued increased sales. Regardless, it sounds like Didio has pretty much given Bendis the keys to the Superman side of the DCU for the foreseeable future. Until that changes, it's Bendis's opinions that are driving the line.
    Agreed.

But we digress! I'm going to have to outline my Doomsday Clock theory completely sometime before it's completely disproven.
    Go ahead.

Master Hero Vladimir

Well, I think this debate proves that the Super-Family is one of the things Superman fans are most protective about, aside from Clark's secret identity.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Well, I think this debate proves that the Super-Family is one of the things Superman fans are most protective about, aside from Clark's secret identity.
    hell yeah!i love that family after my own family <3 Superman as a loving husband and father just melt our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    I'm a lost pilgrim here then, lol.

Sometimes I wonder if that's the worst thing in the world though. Its exhausting to be really invested in something in comics today, because everything hangs by a thread it seems. To be invested in a certain thing is to almost spend more time worrying about its status and if its going away tomorrow rather than just enjoying it. Its almost as if things are more enjoyable when the most one is invested is just in the concept of a character/mythos as opposed to the details, as the details are always in flux. That's me though, maybe others have an easier time tuning out the background noise that is internet news, leaks, and the like.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-03-2018 at 07:23 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El