View Poll Results: Will You Miss Fox Making Marvel Movies?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

20 24.39%
  • No.

62 75.61%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

The Fox franchise was certainly a mixed bag, and when it was bad, it was really bad. Even the best films in the series that I enjoyed never gave me what I wanted from an x-men adaptation. But in recent years it felt like FOX was attempting to move away from their typical formula and make more bold, experimental choices. Deadpool, Logan, and New Mutants are all cool ventures into different genres. I get why a lot of fans are excited to see mutants in the MCU, but I've become disenchanted with their method for making movies. Most of them feel very safe, formulaic, and devoid of style. Especially since Disney was pumping out two Marvel flicks a year, it felt like they were mass-manufacturing these films in an assembly plant. I get a little sad thinking about what we possibly could've gotten from FOX in the future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The Fox franchise was certainly a mixed bag, and when it was bad, it was really bad. Even the best films in the series that I enjoyed never gave me what I wanted from an x-men adaptation. But in recent years it felt like FOX was attempting to move away from their typical formula and make more bold, experimental choices. Deadpool, Logan, and New Mutants are all cool ventures into different genres. I get why a lot of fans are excited to see mutants in the MCU, but I've become disenchanted with their method for making movies. Most of them feel very safe, formulaic, and devoid of style. Especially since Disney was pumping out two Marvel flicks a year, it felt like they were mass-manufacturing these films in an assembly plant. I get a little sad thinking about what we possibly could've gotten from FOX in the future.
    New Mutants is a product of the Fox and Disney disaster merger. Disney had to scramble to rewrite the movie to let it pass. Its a mash up film.

I am not excited to see mutants in the MCU. Those that act excited, you would quickly see how little they know of mutants. The others would never give the best reason that does not cover everything you said. safe, formulaic and devoid of style since that is what MCU is.

Logan is one of greatest comicbook movies ever made. DoFP is great movie. Deadpool 1 & 2 are spot on in raunchy and irreverent away that won't be seen in mcu version. X2 is will always have good memories for me.

That is it for me the rest experience with Fox hasn't been that good I am glad that it is out from Fox is capable of making really bad movies. Someone I know will show up with a cape for the Fox movies but Fox has never made 3 good movies in a row and often Fox made a movie so bad they had cancel and reboot the franchise. When never got an Avengers endgame from Fox this isn't talking about the quality of that movie . This is being so hyped from previous movies that you can't wait this see one. Imagine if Logan was made after two good movies, Imagine if DoFP had two good movies in front of it.

And think about it is all for best imagine Logan and DoFP were 1 and 2 of a franchise then Dark Phoenix,Wolverine Origins or X3 was the final movie. People like to over look how bad some their movies where but imagine after making 2 perfect movies and last movie is hot garbage. Fox couldn't stick landing heck they were never in position to stick the landing except maybe with X3.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-28-2020 at 03:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Logan is one of greatest comicbook movies ever made. DoFP is great movie. Deadpool 1 & 2 are spot on in raunchy and irreverent away that won't be seen in mcu version. X2 is will always have good memories for me.

That is it for me the rest experience with Fox hasn't been that good I am glad that it is out from Fox is capable of making really bad movies. Someone I know will show up with a cape for the Fox movies but Fox has never made 3 good movies in a row and often Fox made a movie so bad they had cancel and reboot the franchise. When never got an Avengers endgame from Fox this isn't talking about the quality of that movie . This is being so hyped from previous movies that you can't wait this see one. Imagine if Logan was made after two good movies, Imagine if DoFP had two good movies in front of it.

And think about it is all for best imagine Logan and DoFP were 1 and 2 of a franchise then Dark Phoenix,Wolverine Origins or X3 was the final movie. People like to over look how bad some their movies where but imagine after making 2 perfect movies and last movie is hot garbage. Fox couldn't stick landing heck they were never in position to stick the landing.
    Fox were never in position to stick to landing once Disney bought them. What next now? For Mutants, the worst is not over, its only beginning with Disney.

Yes I will. They didn't always do good or right, but they didn't all feel like the same movie. The MCU has a tone and style it doesn't deviate from. I expect no different for the next X-MEN film. Samey, nothing but the same forevermore.

While I wasn't a fan of a lot of the newer movies, I did like the series overall and am sorry to see it go, even if it does open the door to new possibilities with Marvel Studios.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Yes, with Disney in control we won't be getting any movies like Deadpool or Logan anymore. I'm much rather take the lows with the highs then the middling consistency of the MCU.

Astonishing Member

No. The original sin of the Xmen movies by fox is Wolverine.....and others. Then MYSTIQUE....and X-men sorta

And lets not even talk about Fantastic 4.

They had so much and did so little with it. Deadpool alone doesnt get them a pass for all these wasted team movies with some of Marvel's best characters period that they squandered over and over.

So I will throw out something "the lows" people like to gloss over in these convos get franchises killed, Fantastic Four was dead franchise, Daredevil and Electra was so bad it made them just give up and return the franchise to Marvel. The X-men got reboot in Wolverine Origins but was so bad, They had reboot it in first class. Dark Phoenix was so bad lost so much money it most certainly going to lead to break and a reboot.

Movies are a business if you don't make money like how you are supposed they cancel it. The only reason we got some of the later X-men movies from Fox was if they sat the franchise down the rights reverted to Marvel. Just see Green Lantern for what it looks like when company doesn't have to force a product out because rights will go away.

The highs are cool but Antman 1 and 2 made about the same money as Logan and Deadpool. I am not trying tell people what they should like everyone taste is different and that is fine. But trying to ignore lows as simple flaws is the huge lie in these convos.

I am Green Lantern fan we haven't seen anything since 2011, I am Cyborg fan, Justice League killed that as a solo project. Bad Movies kills franchises, Heck mediocre attempts kill franchise see Terminator, Predator, and Aliens last couple movies.

Companies can't keep throwing the big money at these thing that don't sell well and these types of movies are so expensive that being average and just making back your profit isn't good enough either.

We don't have a Gambit, Multiple Man, Magneto, Kitty Pryde, Cyclops, X23 movies because those lows made investors and parent company scared. They almost didn't make Deadpool and without Deadpool you don't get a R vision of Logan.

Heck Ryan Reynolds was force to do Wolverine Origins they told him if he didn't do he wouldn't get Deadpool. The movies people like to hang their hats nearly didn't happen because of those bad movies before.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-28-2020 at 11:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    So I will throw out something "the lows" people like to gloss over in these convos get franchises killed, Fantastic Four was dead franchise, Daredevil and Electra was so bad it made them just give up and return the franchise to Marvel. The X-men got reboot in Wolverine Origins but was so bad, They had reboot it in first class. Dark Phoenix was so bad lost so much money it most certainly going to lead to break and a reboot.
    Are you saying Marvel does not have any lows? Iron MAN 3 was a franchise killer.Iron Man 2 was a low.Captain Marvel can kill the franchise, Ant Man movies are literally useless. Avengers: Age of Ultron was a low. Who remembers what the first Captain America and Hulk movies are about. The Thor movies are lows. With the protection MCU gets, this is a punch. New Mutants is called a generic movie, that describes 96% of MCU movies that experienced a smooth ride.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    While I wasn't a fan of a lot of the newer movies, I did like the series overall and am sorry to see it go, even if it does open the door to new possibilities with Marvel Studios.
    What new possibilities? There is a lot of riddle talk here, nothing of substance of what Mutants will be in the MCU. The Mutants are finished under Fox. Disney has nothing interesting to do with them. Disney will run Mutants to the ground as they do with all their adoptive franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Are you saying Marvel does not have any lows? Iron MAN 3 was a franchise killer.Iron Man 2 was a low.Captain Marvel can kill the franchise, Ant Man movies are literally useless. Avengers: Age of Ultron was a low. Who remembers what the first Captain America and Hulk movies are about. The Thor movies are lows. With the protection MCU gets, this is a punch. New Mutants is called a generic movie, that describes 96% of MCU movies that experienced a smooth ride.
    Thing is, when Marvel Studios does a low (and in wha world were Captain Marvel and the Ant-Man suff "lows"?), it's still pretty darn enjoyable on some level (and is usually a financial success).

What new possibilities? There is a lot of riddle talk here, nothing of substance of what Mutants will be in the MCU.
    Of course there's no "substance," since it's all still on the drawing board. As far as possibilities, there's a lot of characters that never made it to the big screen, stories that weren't adapted, and being able to the X-Men characters interacting with the rest of the Marvel Universe like they do in the comics. That's a heckuva lotta possibilities right there (esp. considering that, unlike Fox, Marvel Studios isn't afraid to move past the superstar characters and utilize the lesser-known ones).

The Mutants are finished under Fox.
    Yeah, we've known for some time that Marvel Studios will be continuing the film parts of the franchise?

Disney has nothing interesting to do with them.
    See above.

Disney will run Mutants to the ground as they do with all their adoptive franchises.
    And yet Pixar, Star Wars, and the MCU itself are still killing it. Like 'em or hate 'em, there's a reason Disney is king.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Thing is, when Marvel Studios does a low (and in wha world were Captain Marvel and the Ant-Man suff "lows"?), it's still pretty darn enjoyable on some level (and is usually a financial success).

Of course there's no "substance," since it's all still on the drawing board. As far as possibilities, there's a lot of characters that never made it to the big screen, stories that weren't adapted, and being able to the X-Men characters interacting with the rest of the Marvel Universe like they do in the comics. That's a heckuva lotta possibilities right there (esp. considering that, unlike Fox, Marvel Studios isn't afraid to move past the superstar characters and utilize the lesser-known ones).

Yeah, we've known for some time that Marvel Studios will be continuing the film parts of the franchise?

See above.

And yet Pixar, Star Wars, and the MCU itself are still killing it. Like 'em or hate 'em, there's a reason Disney is king.
    Do you know what Mutants are about? It doesn't look as if you do if you trust the wondrous possibilities of Disney. If you know what Mutants are about. The words would be limitations not possibilities.

Pixar has not had a masterpiece in years.

Logan and First Class are in my top 3 best super heroes movies ever made so probably.

I disliked most of them, so no.