Amazing Member

Default New Doctor Doom Series

Is the Doctor Doom in the new Doctor Doom series the same Doctor Doom in Secret Wars and pre-Secret Wars

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Same one. Got himself scarred all over again and everything. Status quo is God.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I was disappointed that when Infamous Iron Man's story was done in Invincible Iron Man #600, it seemed like Marvel wanted Bendis to have Doom get scarred again by the Hood / demon (or whatever that was) . Since it seems to me that what happened to his face this time is more magic based that maybe something can be done about it. But Marvel is probably more interested in the status quo, particularly with the inevitable appearance of Doom in the MCU

But I wonder if the door is open for something to happen there. In Cantwell's Doctor Doom series, Doom is seeing visions of a future self where his face is normal again. We also saw this ambiguous panel where Doom is using some kind of potion to treat the injury perhaps.

It's kinda weird... I'm pretty sure that they are allowed to experiment around the statu quo as much as they want. The comics are not supposed to be the exact reflection of the movies version obviously. But probably significant and long lasting changes are not that welcome... There's still plenty of room for Cantwell to be innovative. And at least that possible step toward a future Victor different of the bronze age's one is clearly now a fully legitimate part of the official Doom narrative. And that's good.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    It's kinda weird... I'm pretty sure that they are allowed to experiment around the statu quo as much as they want. The comics are not supposed to be the exact reflection of the movies version obviously. But probably significant and long lasting changes are not that welcome... There's still plenty of room for Cantwell to be innovative. And at least that possible step toward a future Victor different of the bronze age's one is clearly now a fully legitimate part of the official Doom narrative. And that's good.
    Yes, and I'd like to see that alternate timeline revisited more in future issues. I hope Marvel realizes that we comic book fans can accept that the comic books don't have to tie in exactly to the movies. After all, where would we be if Marvel changed Doom to match the one done by Fox? I shouldn't even think such thoughts!

Amazing Member

If Doctor Doom is God why did he die off in the beginning of the series and got reborn in hell?

He stopped being God Emperor Doom at the end of Secret Wars. The Molecule Man gave the power to Richards instead.

Read the next issue out on January 1st and see. Old spoiler.....Mistress Death has some interest in him.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-30-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Amazing Member

If he is the same secret war Dr. Doom who got sent to another realm, why and how did he get back in earth 616?

Because Reed was given the powers that Doom had as the God Emperor of Battleworld by the Molecule Man. Then at the end of the story Reed sends him back to Latveria with his face healed, something he could not do himself.