Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by frogoat View Post
    I'm of two minds on this series. On the one, I'm excited to see Mayday prominently featured again. On the other, Mayday is only returning in a sequel to Spider-Verse, the single most damaging story in the characters history.
    If it's the same Mayday as the one in Spider-Verse, I have no interest in her.

Besides, doesn't that version of Mayday consider herself a Spider-Woman now? Maybe there's hope this is the real Mayday this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    If it's the same Mayday as the one in Spider-Verse, I have no interest in her.

Besides, doesn't that version of Mayday consider herself a Spider-Woman now? Maybe there's hope this is the real Mayday this time.
    The fact that they used the MC2 universe number when they went to her universe to recruit Uncle Ben in Web Warriors, this is the real Mayday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The fact that they used the MC2 universe number when they went to her universe to recruit Uncle Ben in Web Warriors, this is the real Mayday.
    Universe designations mean nothing. Miles' universe was incorrectly numbered at one point in Spider-Verse.

I'll side with Ron Frenz's statements and Tom D's little act of creative sabotage in the Spider-Verse event than remotely accept what passes for "canon" thankyou very much. It isn't the real Mayday.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 07-21-2018 at 06:16 AM.

Universe designations mean nothing. Miles' universe was incorrectly numbered at one point in Spider-Verse.

I'll side with Ron Frenz's statements and Tom D's little act of creative sabotage in the Spider-Verse event than remotely accept what passes for "canon" thankyou very much. It isn't the real Mayday.
    And said designation was then fixed in the trade.

And while I may not like the fact that Slott killed off Peter any more than numerous retcons Marvel has pulled in the past few years, to basically disregard the developments since then as not canon simply out of spite when everything is pointing towards it being so come across as petty. It’s similar to those who declare Peter to be Mephistoverse Peter after OMD because they don’t like OMD.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 07-21-2018 at 07:05 AM.

BANNED

And said designation was then fixed in the trade.
    Damage was done.

And while I may not like the fact that Slott killed off Peter any more than numerous retcons Marvel has pulled in the past few years, to basically disregard the developments since then as not canon simply out of spite when everything is pointing towards it being so come across as petty.
    You can judge me, Tom and Ron all you want, but those two know what their characters are capable of and don't think they would have handled the situation the way they did if they were handling it. Plus what's wrong with having a little hope that there exists a reality where Mayday's family is ok?

Even if you do count what happened to MC2 as canon, the fact is there IS a reality where that is true (the timeline of the now long discontinued UK Spider-Man comic books)

It’s similar to those who declare Peter to be Mephistoverse Peter after OMD because they don’t like OMD.
    Smart fellas.

Damage was done.
    Not yet first time it’s happened and surely won’t be the last. They at least went back and fixed their mistake.

You can judge me, Tom and Ron all you want, but those two know what their characters are capable of and don't think they would have handled the situation the way they did if they were handling it. Plus what's wrong with having a little hope that there exists a reality where Mayday's family is ok?

Even if you do count what happened to MC2 as canon, the fact is there IS a reality where that is true (the timeline of the now long discontinued UK Spider-Man comic books)
    There’s nothing wrong with holding out hope for that. Of course there’s probably a Mayday like that out there but that’s the thing, she’s a Mayday not the MC2 Mayday but a derivative of her. At best, she’d be of a divergent timeline where Peter didn’t die but that’d still just be an alternate version of the one from her solo rather than the real one.

It'd be cool to see a DeFalco/ Frenz mini-series showing an interaction between two Maydays: one who lost her father, and one who did not.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Of course there’s probably a Mayday like that out there but that’s the thing, she’s a Mayday not the MC2 Mayday but a derivative of her.
    All versions of a character are as valid as the other.

At best, she’d be of a divergent timeline where Peter didn’t die but that’d still just be an alternate version of the one from her solo rather than the real one.
    The Spider-Verse Mayday is the derivative version. Tom D made that clear even if you don't want to believe it.

I think we'd best drop this now, as we're never going to agree. Think what you like, but to me it isn't the real Mayday and the real one still exists out there, even if there's a likely chance I'll never see her appear again, at least I know she won't be touched by Marvel's trigger-happy hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It'd be cool to see a DeFalco/ Frenz mini-series showing an interaction between two Maydays: one who lost her father, and one who did not.
    I agree...I'm kind of hoping this is the case for "Mayday" and Annie.

BANNED

A reminder Spider-Girl: The Complete Collection Vol. One is released on August 7th. DeFalco has stressed that sales of this trade must succeed to guarantee another volume

The collection includes an introduction by former Marvel writer and editor Ralph Macchio

https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Girl-C...ds=tom+defalco
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-03-2018 at 03:58 AM.

A reminder Spider-Girl: The Complete Collection Vol. One is released on August 7th. DeFalco has stressed that sales of this trade must succeed to guarantee another volume

The collection includes an introduction by former Marvel writer and editor Ralph Macchio

https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Girl-C...ds=tom+defalco
    The Complete Collection, but Volume One

Stuff always cracks me up. Especially when further volumes are contingent on sales.

It's like when food in a can says "gourmet" on it.

Amazing Member

Looking forward to receiving my copy. Hope this does well because I really need the entire Spider-Girl series in trade paperback form on my bookshelf.

I've got my copy of Vol. 1, but I haven't read it yet.

if we’re going to argue that alt peters like ryv are as important as 616, then surely that also applies to spiderverse mayday?
    troo fan or death

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    if we’re going to argue that alt peters like ryv are as important as 616, then surely that also applies to spiderverse mayday?
    It'd be foolhardy to deny the importance that version of her and her brother plays in the mythology going forward just because it isn't our preferred take on the character. The Maydays being different are just to help comfort jaded readers is all.

It'd be foolhardy to deny the importance that version of her and her brother plays in the mythology going forward just because it isn't our preferred take on the character. The Maydays being different are just to help comfort jaded readers is all.
    pretty good summation
    troo fan or death