Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Won't it be great if the Celestial judges against Humanity and orders the Eternals to purge them? We'll have some proper enemies!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Meh. This issue fell kind of flat for me. Tony Stark is annoying AF, and there was just waaay too much of him in this for my taste. But I got this panel, so it was worth the money I spent on the book for that reason alone…

Attachment 123758

“No time for peaceful mutants in wartime...”

I dig it.
    I loved this panel. But also because it hits my parenting feels. Cable/Hope is one of my favorite Marvel parent/child dynamics, so yeah, of course he's protecting his baby.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

When is Civilians #1 coming out?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I feel like this issue really downplayed the military might of the Krakoans. Yes a lot of mutants are non-combatants, but even the more passive ones who were alive during the Decimation era had to become soldiers. A handful of Avengers shouldn’t really be a deal breaker, even if they are bringing some powerhouses.

That panel where Jean references the War Captains and then asks MAGIK for approval while Bishop is right there is so rude. Why give this man a fancy title if he never gon use it?

Sinister has got to go. This many is not even pretending to give a damn about mutantkind and NOBODY has made a plan to get rid of him?

Also the Cap and Cyke dialogue seemed off to me. If we’re going to paint mutants and Avengers as close ally’s just bring back the Uncanny Avengers title.

Art still doing it’s thing.
    It’s especially weird after Empyre basically painted Krakoa as being powerful when it comes to combatants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It’s especially weird after Empyre basically painted Krakoa as being powerful when it comes to combatants.
    The combatants the X-Men are dealing with now far surpass what was going on in Empyre. Even King in Black was higher level in threat and gave Krakoa trouble.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah, most of the Hex were just background. Phebe Regina George was healing Syne, Thieaka the bird one was turning intangible and the other two were just getting shot at. I think Gillen said they'll be shown more in Death to the Mutants.

Sidenote: I'm fascinated with Phastos. I love his look. And who is that other blonde flying around with Carol?
    The blonde is the newest Starbrand.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    I loved this panel. But also because it hits my parenting feels. Cable/Hope is one of my favorite Marvel parent/child dynamics, so yeah, of course he's protecting his baby.
    Same, man. Same.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

So Tony Stark doomed us all. Again

Fantastic Member

I was fairly pleased with Exodus getting to do stuff. I've always thought of him as "psychic superman" and he delivers that here even if it's mainly by throwing himself like a brick into the kaiju a couple times.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call the plant guys anything compared to Eternals in terms of fire power. Their big gambit relied on a special plant that could terraform planets they never got off the ground, otherwise, they're just plant people.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Why didn't Jean ask Bishop if the Avengers were welcome to help? Good for her for not taking that crap from Exodus about refusing their help and going over his head, but why ask Magik instead of the CAPTAIN COMMANDER when Magik and Bishop are right next to each other?

Poor Bishop really can't catch a break. He's in the issue for all of a single panel and no one asks his opinion or looks to him to lead anything.
    Actually I think the person next to Magik is Bedlam and not Bishop. He is also an energy manipulator and tie in better as currently Bishop is half a universe and in another time

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So Tony Stark doomed us all. Again
    One can tell the comics-side writers are a tad annoyed that it’s Tony Marvel have to thank for the MCU.

Mighty Member

I'm now greatly confused as to what the rest of this event and tie ins are going to be if the battle is over and we're going on a "You will be judged" athon

The Red Dragon

For having a bit of lines….Jean felt so inconsequential because once again Jean was used as walkie talkie or to describe stuff that we can clearly see via the art. I was half expecting/wanting someone to tell her “guess what Jean you have telekinesis too, USE it!” Replace her with any telepath and it would have been the same. Exodus have a minimal amout of lines compared to Jean, but felt like he had more character/impact.

So useless. “Oh hell” indeed.
    Last edited by Tank; 08-10-2022 at 08:24 AM.

So the Celestial resurrection worked. This issue focused a lot on the monster fight. Eh.

For the Marauders appearance, they can always say this takes place before they go into space unless that book is getting an AXE tie-in.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    This issue was boring. The stakes were downplayed by issue 2. Bishop is being disrespected here and Gillen's writing is really lazy here.
    How are the stakes downplayed? The kaijuu were only stopped by Iron Man, Sinister and the Eternal resurrecting the Celestial who then decided he might kill everyone on Earth like they're supposed to in 24 hours.
    "Cable was right!"