Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Now I remember why I've always disliked Gambit.
    You're probably not part of the target demographic. Most ladies seem to like him well enough, he's probably responsible for a large part of X-Men:s female audience.

I found him quite cool in the beginning before the thing with Rogue started, but I understand Clarement had rather different plans for the character though!

I enjoyed the book very much. It seems like comics are just like real life, people will always try to pit strong woman against each other to see whose better. Eh.

I loved how storm pick rachel over betsy to lead the team

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Monet threw Betsy to catch Storm?
    Monet St.Croix?
    What, she didn't feel like flying just then? Didn't want to muck up her body suit with Storm's sweat soaked bodice?

Rachel and Betsy couldn't have wonder-twin'ed up a TK net or something to catch her?

I'm at a loss here.
    No, this team is.
    At a loss.
    Lacking.
    It's weird but Marvel seems to want to make telekinesis only a melee skill even for Rachel who has always used in in its ranged and more common form. Both Rachel or Psylocke could have caught Storm without the need to merge their powers but Betsy felt the need to dive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I would guess it comes down to how you view Gambit and what one thinks a ladies man is. He is the ladies man who is pursued, not the pursuer. While he has been shown from time to time to pursue. And has done so, there are also times when he is pursued. He also doesn't seem to ever have to work that hard to gain women's attention, it just happens.

Maybe it worked for some. However it doesn't work for others who see him differently. Hope that helps.
    Didn't he sleep with someone's wife in ANXF? So what's the problem of him hitting on a few women? Wonder what will happen if it was another team under the same pen? Bet I'd get mass of different praises especially if it's staring a certain one eye.

The art was hit or miss but the issue was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Didn't he sleep with someone's wife in ANXF? So what's the problem of him hitting on a few women? Wonder what will happen if it was another team under the same pen? Bet I'd get mass of different praises especially if it's staring a certain one eye.

The art was hit or miss but the issue was fine.
    He did in ANXF - but she hit on him. She walked up to him and started the exchange. And it was stated in the book that she seduced him. I don't have a problem with him hitting on women but it wasn't written well imo. He certainly has never been written to be a pest about it in the past. Actually, for the most part it has always been shown as women coming onto him.

I don't know what would happen if it was a different team.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Didn't he sleep with someone's wife in ANXF? So what's the problem of him hitting on a few women?
    He didn't know that was someone's wife.

Gambit, when written correctly, is mysterious, charming, and competent. However, Wilson portrayed him as a bum, hitting on young, impressionable women at a rave show.......in Utah(why?). It was a thoughtless, pointless cameo that served only to progress a generic plot line.

If you're gonna use fan favorites, don't make them ridiculous caricatures of themselves.
    Last edited by sprior93; 01-09-2015 at 10:07 AM.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Most ladies seem to like him well enough, he's probably responsible for a large part of X-Men:s female audience.
    !
    yeah, no. That's horribly reductive to assume women are only interested in comics if there's a shapely, lecherous bit of man ass lurking about.

And lol @ "ladies"

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post

If you're gonna use fan favorites, don't make them ridiculous caricatures of themselves.
    When was Gambit ever NOT a ridiculous cariacture? Right down to the greasy, ladled-on cajun patois?

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I enjoyed the book very much. It seems like comics are just like real life, people will always try to pit strong woman against each other to see whose better. Eh.
    In bikinis, please.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    When was Gambit ever NOT a ridiculous cariacture? Right down to the greasy, ladled-on cajun patois?
    Eh, true enough.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    What exactly was Rachel right about? Rachel wanted to talk about what to do. There was no way Rachel would have known the air was over saturated with hydrogen. That was storm who made that conclusion (albeit she should have been able to do this with by looking at the individual molecules present as well as the pressure being off). Also, Storm asked her to lead the team to find out what the cause of the sink hole was because she was falling into the earth. You make it sound as if she renounced her role as leader and gave it to her which is not true.

ok I see thanks.
    Everything. You should re-read the issues again. Rachel has never been wrong in X-Men thus far, which has made Storm come off as petty, and even Storm admitted her way was wrong while acknowledging Rachel had many points.

Heck, Rachel's already stepped up multiple times as a Leader without Storm's "permission". Such as how she got info about Arkea and Bloodlines, she went against Storm's call to bring a valuable target in which bore fruit, as well as how Rachel took command in the last Arc.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 01-08-2015 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    Please... You have to admit Storm was wrong going half-cocked into the hurricane when even she knew something was off. If she actually studied the situation beforehand, the outcome would've been different. Besides, strong TK users "feel" or "see" the molecules around them, as described by Jean at some point in Morrison's run, hence how they can manipulate matter at that level. About Rachel being right before, he probably meant the Omega-sentinel thing. As for Storm's comment, Rachel is basically the second in command so I don't see anything extraordinary about Storm telling Rachel to lead when she is off the picture.
    Lmao Jean could barely slow down air molecules and Nate fainted after attempting to manipulate the elements via TK. Telekinetic don't have no where near the finesse needed to manipulate the elements to the degree Storm can.
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Everything. You should re-read the issues again. Rachel has never been wrong in X-Men thus far, which has made Storm come off as petty, and even Storm admitted her way was wrong while acknowledging Rachel had many points.

Heck, Rachel's already stepped up multiple times as a Leader without Storm's "permission". Such as how she got info about Arkea and Bloodlines, she went against Storm's call to bring a valuable target in which bore fruit, as well as how Rachel took command in the last Arc.
    You are seriously exaggerating and reaching with this.
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy010 View Post
    Lmao Jean could barely slow down air molecules and Nate fainted after attempting to manipulate the elements via TK. Telekinetic don't have no where near the finesse needed to manipulate the elements to the degree Storm can.
    Telekinetics are not suited to control the elements with their powers while Storm's powers are excellent for this purpose. Storm controls not only the elements themselves down to the molecular, atomic and sub-atomic level, but she also controls the natural energy patterns of whatever dimension, planet or environment she's in whether it be out in deep space, near a star, or wherever. On top of it all, her unity with the elements and life itself combined with her alternate vision gives her insight into the natural workings of these things so she knows how to apply her powers. It's a HUGE reach to try and compare a TK to Storm in this regard. Its just no comparison whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post
    Damn, that was a horrible Gambit. How do people read this book every month?
    No one reads it for the Gambit.