Page 110 of 271 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Is that so? I didn't know that. No wonder we didn't see female-led superheroes for more than a decade after Elektra. I never saw the film, but I heard almost nothing but bad things about it. Same thing with Daredevil. Which really sucks because Daredevil is one of Marvel's best characters in my opinion. When I was really young, I actually read a BOOK about Daredevil titled Daredevil: Predator's Smile, which I enjoyed. I think those two Daredevil and Elektra films killed off any chance of a new Daredevil movie made by the MCU. Which truly sucks. I actually bought into the idea that women could NEVER carry superhero movies for a long time myself. That's why I was so surprised, no SHOCKED, when Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel did so well. I literally didn't see that coming as Pietro said famously MANY TIMES.

What I find ironic is that the the composer who wrote the music for Elektra, Christophe Beck, is going to be writing the music for WandaVision. I'm actually one of the very few people that I know of who pays a LOT of attention to movie/television music. I think television/film scores can REALLY elevate a show and/or movie and take things to another level. Some of my favourite Star Trek episodes from the 1990s had some amazing music in them. I hope this will be the case in WandaVision.

I'm actually hoping Vision will get a job in academia in WandaVision. He looks the part as a university lecturer. I think Wanda will be a stay-at-home mom.
    It was based on Ike Perlmutter not allowing it to happen, as far as Marvel goes. DC had their own issues. I was not surprised that Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel did so well. They were well done films. And that was the only thing missing was the quality. That's why they weren't working. It had nothing to do with being female led.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda was teased to appear in the Midnight Sons in comics, but it never happened. I wish it would. The team looked really good.

Wanda had a thing with Ghost Rider in UA. But it was alt universe. I don't consider it "stuck" in reference to magic. It's barely been touched on in her history and needs some fleshing out actually. Especially the Chthon stuff needs fleshed out. She never had her feet planted firmly in science fiction. Her mutant powers gave her a combination. But Vision and Wonder Man were their own thing. She can still fight against Mephisto and Ultron. She's still uber powered. The mutant thing was just a source of part of her abilities. The source hasn't really mattered so much. We have plenty of science based characters. It's magic that barely gets any love and it deserves a bigger push.
    Wanda in the Midnight Sons?! That sounds so cool. I actually think magic is gonna be getting a MASSIVE push in the next few years due to the popularity of Dr. Strange (IN THE MOVIES). You're talking about the comics not having enough of it, right? I also want to mention that I don't think Wanda's an inventor like Stark, Banner, Wonder Man and Vision. I just think she was more connected to that world (science) due to her relationships with those dudes in the past and in the films. I'm sorry you are not as big a fan of science based characters as opposed to the magical ones. I think the MCU has done a really great job of balancing the worlds of ancient mythology, science, cosmic and magic (and eventually even martial arts and horror) thus far. The only thing they sort of haven't focused on is the street-level "local" and "urban" hero stories that involve a lot of hand-to-hand combat. These usually involve characters like Iron Fist, Daredevil, Luke Cage and the Punisher. Maybe they're just too violent for MCU tastes? For me, magic in comics usually involved Dr. Strange, Loki, Doctor Fate and Zatanna. For some reason I don't TOTALLY associate Wanda with magic because she does hang around with science-based characters so much. Maybe it's because of her close association with the Avengers, the majority of whom don't really know jack shit about mystical/magical/supernatural stuff, that I have this impression.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-28-2020 at 02:11 PM.

I actually think magic is gonna be getting a MASSIVE push in the next few years due to the popularity of Dr. Strange (IN THE MOVIES). You're talking about the comics not having enough of it, right? I also want to mention that I don't think Wanda's an inventor like Stark, Banner, Wonder Man and Vision. I just think she was more connected to that world (science) due to her relationships with those dudes in the past and in the films. I'm sorry you are not as big a fan of science based characters as opposed to magic ones. I think the MCU has done a really great job of balancing the worlds of ancient mythology, science, cosmic and magic (and eventually even martial arts and horror) thus far. The only thing they sort of haven't focused on is the street-level "local" hero stories that involve a lot of hand-to-hand combat. These usually involve characters like Iron Fist, Daredevil, Luke Cage and the Punisher. Maybe they're just too violent for MCU tastes? For me, magic in comics usually involved Dr. Strange, Loki, Doctor Fate and Zatanna. For some reason I don't TOTALLY associate Wanda with magic because she does hang around with science-based characters so much. Maybe it's because of her close association with the Avengers, the majority of whom don't really know jack shit about mystical/magical/supernatural stuff, that I have this impression.
    Either of it doesn't have enough. Marvel in the movies or in the comics. There's so much that isn't included or not pushed really.

Women don't become that linked to the men they are with. My bf is more into tech related stuff, but I'm more into traditional fantasy. Couples don't become one another and hivemind. Wanda had her own thing which at one point was a combination of magic and science, but science only based on the mutant title. It was just about DNA really. Wanda has been team related with science based characters, but that shouldn't erase her own identity. That's a huge problem. She has been sort of on a magic team in the Doctor Strange books, and like I said was teased for Midnight Sons.

It was based on Ike Perlmutter not allowing it to happen, as far as Marvel goes. DC had their own issues. I was not surprised that Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel did so well. They were well done films. And that was the only thing missing was the quality. That's why they weren't working. It had nothing to do with being female led.
    Maybe I'm just old-fashioned. I actually didn't think they would work. I thought for sure that the Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel movies would fall into the old trap of over-sexualizing them like previous female-led superhero movies have done with other women in the past. And I thought FOR SURE, they would make them emotionless badasses who just wanna kick asses and take names. Very pleasantly surprised they gave Diana and Carol such great personalities. Maybe it was because Wonder Woman was directed by a female director and Captain Marvel was written largely by ladies (one of them including Jac Schaeffer)? I dunno. Let's just say I was very surprised. The only female-led superhero movie franchise that I knew of that was successful before Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel was the Hunger Games (which I didn't see). So I was not expecting the huge success those two movies enjoyed.

And don't get me wrong. I have a LOT of problems with stories using "fake" science as a way to get writers out of jams they created for themselves. Plenty of lazy authors and screenwriters "create" ridiculous "technology" and work them into their scripts as McGuffins and deux ex machinas. So I'm definitely not letting science fiction writers off the hook by any means. I just think a lot Marvel and DC creators (in the movies and in the comics) prefer to write about fictional science over fictional magic because it is easier to "explain" things to readers that way. I believe that is why in the first Thor movie, Marvel Studios actually tried to explain magic in a "scientific" way.:

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

And

"Your ancestors called it magic, but you call it science. I come from a land where they are one and the same."

I do think that Marvel Studios is getting more confident in telling magical stories now. Dr. Strange's popularity is not hurting magic in the MCU at all, it's enhancing it. That's why I don't believe WandaVision and Dr. Strange 2 are gonna have ANYTHING to do with mutants. They're going to have a LOT to do with magic. Which is something you want, no? According to the VERY reliable and specific Roger Wardell, Captain Britain and Ghost Rider will be making their debuts in the Multiverse of Madness, and that the Return of the Darkhold will be fundamental for the upcoming WandaVision. Wardell also states that both WandaVision and the Multiverse of Madness will lay the groundwork for the eventual introduction of Doctor Doom. So I don't think Pietro and/or Magneto will show up in Dr. Strange's new movie at all. And I think it's possible Doctor Doom will be introduced as a sorcerer as opposed to a scientist at first (which will differentiate him from the Fox franchise's version). MaximoffTrash, Cruelrain, Regulus, leokearon and you therefore will probably get your wish in having Chthon as a primary protagonist in WandaVision. And I will be happy because WandaVision will be about Wanda and Vision and Dr. Strange 2 will be about Stephen, and they won't step on each other's stories. The only thing I regret is that Marvel will be moving away from the science-based stories which I loved in the first three phrases. But maybe you're right. Marvel's gotta give their magical characters some love too!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-29-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Either of it doesn't have enough. Marvel in the movies or in the comics. There's so much that isn't included or not pushed really.

Women don't become that linked to the men they are with. My bf is more into tech related stuff, but I'm more into traditional fantasy. Couples don't become one another and hivemind. Wanda had her own thing which at one point was a combination of magic and science, but science only based on the mutant title. It was just about DNA really. Wanda has been team related with science based characters, but that shouldn't erase her own identity. That's a huge problem. She has been sort of on a magic team in the Doctor Strange books, and like I said was teased for Midnight Sons.
    Hold on a sec! You're a broad?! I totally didn't expect any dames to populate this thread. I thought ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of the posters here were dudes. You've put up with my open chauvinism very patiently indeed and haven't smacked me down like other folks on these boards. Thank you!

So your boyfriend's an Asimov dude and you're a Tolkien lady, huh? The two authors actually admired each a lot in real life, so I guess opposites can attract. Come to think of it, Wanda doesn't associate much with magical types in the MCU, does she? In the movies, she was associated with folks that were based on science (the Hulk, Falcon, Winter Soldier, War Machine, Black Panther, Shuri, Ant-Man, Captain America, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Rescue, Quicksilver and Vision), mythology (Thor, and Valkyrie), cosmic stuff (Captain Marvel, Gamora, Nebula and Mantis) and non-superpowered characters like Hawkeye, the Black Widow and Okoye. No other sorcerer in sight, so audience members (like me) can't be blamed for not thinking she was connected to the mystical world. I mean, the Age of Ultron ESTABLISHED that Pietro and Wanda were EXPERIMENTED ON by HYDRA scientists, so I thought they were just like the other science-based Avengers in that respect. I do think in WandaVision, Disney will explain Wanda's mystical origins in greater detail...Or at least I hope they do so when they're not cracking jokes.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-28-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Hold on a sec! You're a broad?! I totally didn't expect any dames to populate this thread. I thought ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of the posters here were dudes. You've put up with my open chauvinism very patiently indeed and haven't smacked me down like other folks on these boards. Thank you!

So you're boyfriend's an Asimov dude and you're a Tolkien lady, huh? The two authors actually admired each a lot in real life, so I guess opposites can attract. Come to think of it, Wanda doesn't associate much with magical types in the MCU, does she? In the movies, she was associated with folks that were based on science (the Hulk, Falcon, Winter Soldier, War Machine, Black Panther, Shuri, Ant-Man, Captain America, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Rescue, Quicksilver and Vision), mythology (Thor, and Valkyrie), cosmic stuff (Captain Marvel, Gamora, Nebula and Mantis) and non-superpowered characters like Hawkeye, the Black Widow and Okoye. No other sorcerer in sight, so audience members (like me) can't be blamed for not thinking she was connected to the mystical world. I mean, the Age of Ultron ESTABLISHED that Pietro and Wanda were EXPERIMENTED ON by HYDRA scientists, so I thought they were just like the other science-based Avengers in that respect. I do think in WandaVision, Disney will explain Wanda's mystical origins in greater detail...Or at least I hope they do so when they're not cracking jokes.
    Yep I am a woman, haha. Yes, I am a big Tolkien fan and love elves! And I really look forward to seeing Wanda explore magic in the MCU and learn more about her powers. And her interactions with Agatha.

You all think we are getting any WandaVision news this july?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Probably around the time SDCC was going to be

WandaVision Actress Calls Disney+ Series 'Surreal' As Show Preps For Reshoots
    https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...s-for-reshoots

WandaVision Will Reportedly Have At Least Nine Episodes
    https://thedirect.com/article/wandav...-nine-episodes

Six hours means nine 40-minute episodes.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 06-29-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Falcon and The Winter Soldier ‘will be like a six-hour Marvel movie’ says Anthony Mackie

This was some days ago, i guess the same would aply for WandaVision, i really want to see that budget lol

Highly doubt it. Covid-19 cases are just SURGING across the United States. I think there will just be more delays actually. I can't imagine the SDCC doing anything with this "second wave" rising. I read that EU countries now want to ban US citizens from coming to their countries because of the virus. This would definitely delay the Falcon and the Winter Soldier from coming out.

Yep I am a woman, haha. Yes, I am a big Tolkien fan and love elves! And I really look forward to seeing Wanda explore magic in the MCU and learn more about her powers. And her interactions with Agatha.
    Again, this is very surprising. When I bought comic books in the 90s, nary a chick was in sight. It was definitely a dude thing back then. I basically assumed at that time women stuck to reading Us Weekly and People Magazine. I still kinda do actually.

Yeah, Tolkien is the only fantasy author I actually read. I enjoyed the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, but the more unpopular Silmarillion the most. And that might come as a surprise to you because it was SO serious and pretty much lacked any humor in it. I liked the Elves, but the Ents were my favourite. I really value the beauty of the natural world, and to see so many trees recklessly felled makes me sad. So I always liked the idea of trees who could fight back against beings who would harm them. My favourite Tolkien hero is Túrin Turambar and my favourite Tolkien heroine is Lúthien.

I think a lot of the interactions between Agatha and Wanda will be quite humorous judging by the looks of things. I can't picture Kathryn Hahn being too serious. It's not her shtick.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-29-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Imagine if they drop a trailer on Halloween, teasing the Halloween episode

It would be a good date if they are really planning the series to drop in 2021
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 06-29-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Again, this is very surprising. When I bought comic books in the 90s, nary a chick was in sight. It was definitely a dude thing back then. I basically assumed at that time women stuck to reading Us Weekly and People Magazine. I still kinda do actually.

Yeah, Tolkien is the only fantasy author I actually read. I enjoyed the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, but the more unpopular Silmarillion the most. And that might come as a surprise to you because it was SO serious and pretty much lacked any humor in it. I liked the Elves, but the Ents were my favourite. I really value the beauty of the natural world, and to see so many trees recklessly felled makes me sad. So I always liked the idea of trees who could fight back against beings who would harm them. My favourite Tolkien hero is Túrin Turambar and my favourite Tolkien heroine is Lúthien.

I think a lot of the interactions between Agatha and Wanda will be quite humorous judging by the looks of things. I can't picture Kathryn Hahn being too serious. It's not her shtick.
    I knew a lot of female comic book fans growing up. It's just a lot of women didn't go into social circles, because it was just rough. We don't get stuck reading those mags. Actually mags in total aren't that popular anymore. We just don't say what we are into often or reveal ourselves to be female right away.

I liked the Ents a lot. I still have an electronic Treebeard figure from about 20 years ago.