Page 210 of 229 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3423

Hmmm, I’m not sure if it will be a series or a storyline but I’m pretty sure I get the feeling we are going to see Dark Crisis fallout for the Spectre. Just putting it out there after Warzone today.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don’t think Newsarama has any inside information on the Titans/Legacy League thing, it felt like speculation. My worry is that they’ll fold the 5G legacies into the Titans like they did in DCOIE, which is the last thing the team needs. They need to move away from the perception that they’re only former sidekicks and legacies. Adding even more to an already bloated franchise would be awful.
    Indeed would be an mistake. The problem is towards where to expand the franchise. The original Perez/Wolfman expansion was to create a team with a mission and being ex-sidekicks was only part of their identity, but not the whole. The newer faces were the atractive. But also, Perez and Wolfman had jumped the zeitgeist of the moment.

I could see that Teen Titans book happening, even if I’m not sure I’d care for it. I’d rather get a real attempt at a Young Justice (let’s ignore Bendis and Fitzmartin’s “efforts”), but I admit it’s very unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I'm no fan of Bendis; but he did do one thing right: he brought back Young Justice. If not for him, we'd still be languishing in the aftermath of Lobdell's Teen Titans.
    But yeah. As things stand right now, I'm 99% sure that if a new YJ series were to be greenlit, Fitzmartin would be in charge of it. So paradoxically, I'm hoping we don't get a YJ series; not until the creative “talent” at DC has some turnover and we have more decent writers to choose from.
    Yes indeed. No series is really far better than series, in several cases. If Fitzmartin generate such rejection, I think is better to leave the series to rest and enjoy old trades and reprints.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think any new book coming out next year that’s part of the DCU will probably count as Dawn of DC. They’re supposedly rebuilding their line, so it makes sense to include all books. I really really hope we get a decent LOSH book. And that the Stormwatch line-up is revised to something more interesting.
    The Stormwatch book for sure is going to be. I think than the lack of a League in the present day DCU is something than the writers want to keep to permit others teams to flourish and experiment, without the influence of the Justice League. An extended period without a JL also would serve as an event for the moment the Justice League will return.

And about the Legion, yes, I also hope a decent LOSH book, but I think it will come after Johns deals with the JSA. Or at leat it will be tied to that franchise.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    But yeah. As things stand right now, I'm 99% sure that if a new YJ series were to be greenlit, Fitzmartin would be in charge of it. So paradoxically, I'm hoping we don't get a YJ series; not until the creative “talent” at DC has some turnover and we have more decent writers to choose from.
    DC might be dumb, but they aren't this dumb.
    It would be like giving the New Titans book to Tim Sheridan again.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hmmm, I’m not sure if it will be a series or a storyline but I’m pretty sure I get the feeling we are going to see Dark Crisis fallout for the Spectre. Just putting it out there after Warzone today.
    Let me add some spoilery context as I quote myself.

spoilers:
    Apparently Jim Corrigan was set free by the death and corruption of the Spectre during Infinite Frontier. Whether he went to heaven or is alive again is kind of unclear to me, but he’s back on earth and driving a car. He arrives at the Hall of Justice during the fight to see Spectre just wrecking the heroes, so much so that Corrigan states that the Spectre looks to be enjoying himself.

Corrigan then determines that the only way to stop the Spectre is to forcibly rebond to it. It’s successful thanks to Raven but Corrigan then remarks that while the fight in Dark Crisis is over there may be more trouble coming with the Spectre.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I think Jeremy Adams and Williamson said other people had dibs on Barry and Kyle. Maybe a Barry mini and a Green Lantern Corps book?
    I think Adams said Joshua Williamson has "dibs" on Barry, although considering it seems like he's only writing Superman and Green Arrow so far, it's hard to gauge what might be next for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Adams said Joshua Williamson has "dibs" on Barry, although considering it seems like he's only writing Superman and Green Arrow so far, it's hard to gauge what might be next for him.
    But Barry’s in one minute war by Adams isn’t he?
    Words to live by.

But Barry’s in one minute war by Adams isn’t he?
    I think Adams said he was able to get Barry "loaned out" for that story, but it's not something he can frequently do.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    . . . And about the Legion, yes, I also hope a decent LOSH book, but I think it will come after Johns deals with the JSA. Or at leat it will be tied to that franchise.
    The Legion of Super-Heroes makes no sense being tied to the Justice Society of America.

The LoSH has historically had ties to the Superman franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, if Bendis YJ hadn't happened, Cassie would've probably still had the Silent Armor in Trial of the Amazons and Dark Crisis. And that's best left forgotten. And Conner would likely be outright missing.
    Not just Conner. The only reason Bart was brought back in the pages of Flash was because Bendis was looking for a way to bring him back for YJ. Without Bendis, the closest weed have to Bart would be the murderer from the future, Bar-Torr.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The Legion of Super-Heroes makes no sense being tied to the Justice Society of America.

Yes, I know. Maybe I expresed incorrectly. What I mean is than after work in JSA, Johns will use the story in JSA to connect the narrative and jump to the Legion era.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Nonetheless, Johns has it, and is handling it as part of his New Golden Age. Specifically, there's the “Legion of Four Worlds” that he mentioned in Flashpoint Beyond.

He's been doing this since DCU Rebirth, treating the JSA and the Legion of Superheroes as bookends on the DCU: the JSA is the origin of the DCU (which, according to Doomsday Clock, is centered around Superman), and the Legion of Superheroes is its destination.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    DC might be dumb, but they aren't this dumb.
    It would be like giving the New Titans book to Tim Sheridan again.
    Giving Legion to Bendis again?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Giving Legion to Bendis again?
    Thankfully, Bendis is gone.
    Rogue wears rouge.

So apparently Ryan Parrott, the guy who does a lot of power rangers comics including Power Rangers/TMNT, is apparently doing something for DC.

And Simone Di Meo, a known collaborator and current DC exclusive, reacted as well. Maybe we get the two together on a dc series?

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThatRyanP...50433146011648
    Words to live by.

So apparently Ryan Parrott, the guy who does a lot of power rangers comics including Power Rangers/TMNT, is apparently doing something for DC.

And Simone Di Meo, a known collaborator and current DC exclusive, reacted as well. Maybe we get the two together on a dc series?

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThatRyanP...50433146011648
    DiMeo was signed to an exclusive recently and mentioned he was working on something Gotham, so maybe the two are doing a Bat book together.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/