Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Wincing at 'loves beating up criminals to let her frustrations out'.

Why would she have an affinity for 1980s/1990s pop-culture if she's going to be a twenty-something?

Yeah, it should just be 90s. We know she's a fan of Pokemon, for example, which started that decade when she would've been a child.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, it should just be 90s. We know she's a fan of Pokemon, for example, which started that decade when she would've been a child.
    Imagine a Sony production talking up Pokémon, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Wincing at 'loves beating up criminals to let her frustrations out'.
    Is that supposed to be a nod to her rage issues?

Issue 2 was fun. I have a theory about the therapist: he's the husband of the main CEO villian.

The 80s pop culture thing isn't a big deal because of reruns and streaming. Everything old is new again.

I'm more concerned about her time in the bunker. You might as well lean into the Spider-totem stuff.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Why would she have an affinity for 1980s/1990s pop-culture if she's going to be a twenty-something?
    Because Marvel is run by people who think that was the pinnacle of pop culture?

I honestly don't get the love for the 80s. The 90s maybe, but really society should move on

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Because Marvel is run by people who think that was the pinnacle of pop culture?

I honestly don't get the love for the 80s. The 90s maybe, but really society should move on
    This isn't Marvel. This is Sony. Which means Cindy being a Pokémon fan in her series would be quite amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Issue 2 was fun. I have a theory about the therapist: he's the husband of the main CEO villian.

The 80s pop culture thing isn't a big deal because of reruns and streaming. Everything old is new again.

I'm more concerned about her time in the bunker. You might as well lean into the Spider-totem stuff.
    My read was that they were half-siblings, since he's "Brother Bear" in her phone but they mention having different fathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    My read was that they were half-siblings, since he's "Brother Bear" in her phone but they mention having different fathers.
    That also works.

Ultimate Member

This isn't Marvel. This is Sony. Which means Cindy being a Pokémon fan in her series would be quite amusing.
    Ok. But Pokemon is an ongoing series. They just had their 25th anniversary I think

She was specifically a fan of generation 1, as she would've played those games before she was sent into the bunker.
    Imagine a Sony production talking up Pokémon, lol.
    Because of Playstation vs Nintendo? They could always Bland Name Product it. The Detective Pikachu film was released by Warner Bros, so that's another reason why they probably won't want to mention Pokemon like the comics did.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Really enjoyed issue two of her series. I like how down to earth she's being portrayed as. Also the book has solid humor. Glad I picked up this series, my first for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok. But Pokemon is an ongoing series. They just had their 25th anniversary I think
    Sony and Nintendo have... let's just say... some history... And leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because of Playstation vs Nintendo? They could always Bland Name Product it. The Detective Pikachu film was released by Warner Bros, so that's another reason why they probably won't want to mention Pokemon like the comics did.
    *Shrug* Seems like they don't want to "Bland Name Product" it if they were specifically mentioning wanting to do 1980s/1990s pop culture references, but maybe they will.

Ultimate Member

Sony and Nintendo have... let's just say... some history... And leave it at that.

*Shrug* Seems like they don't want to "Bland Name Product" it if they were specifically mentioning wanting to do 1980s/1990s pop culture references, but maybe they will.
    Oh yeah, Sony vs Nintendo. Maybe she can like Digimon instead.

Still, I don't get pop culture's general obsession with the 80s.