Page 207 of 333 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 4987
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just feel like Jace was better off as the Future State Batman because that was, basically, his time to shine as Batman with Bruce more or less out of the picture/spotlight and that being what the whole status quo's premise was about instead of trying to re-work him to work in the main continuity where Bruce will perpetually be in his prime.

Just like I just don't see the point of making an 18-year old Superman.
    Agreed on both counts, but if we're not getting a Future State Batman book we may as well see Jace somewhere else. They made too much of a big deal of him to jettison him to "appears sometimes" like they've done with Calvin Ellis who appears to finally be getting his due in some respect. I was hoping Jon would just be Superman of a Future State or alternate Earth book, but he's here and Superman so we'll see how this goes.

It seems like The Joker film isn’t really going to lead to a ton of cool rogue movies, since it’s been awhile and we don’t seem to have heard much despite how great Joker did.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    It seems like The Joker film isn’t really going to lead to a ton of cool rogue movies, since it’s been awhile and we don’t seem to have heard much despite how great Joker did.
    Luthor would be so topical it hurts, but the conservatives would lose their minds.

To continue what I said on a previous thread, I would have so much faith in a Giganta film.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Luthor would be so topical it hurts, but the conservatives would lose their minds.

You got it all wrong on that one. If they gave Luthor a solo move it would lionize him. Whatever the equivalent of "We live in a society" meme's would be.
    Ever read "Lex Luthor: Man of Steel" Brian Azzarello? It would be a bunch of people walking out of that movie like "we need a leader like that again, willing to break eggs to make an omelet".
    Or they'd be like "Oh, so he's evil Iron Man?" Nice.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post

You got it all wrong on that one. If they gave Luthor a solo move it would lionize him. Whatever the equivalent of "We live in a society" meme's would be.
    Ever read "Lex Luthor: Man of Steel" Brian Azzarello? It would be a bunch of people walking out of that movie like "we need a leader like that again, willing to break eggs to make an omelet".
    Or they'd be like "Oh, so he's evil Iron Man?" Nice.
    I have read it, yes. I'm pretty sure the big takeaway would be "oh great, more 'orange man bad' from woke libs" because everything criticizing capitalism has become an indictment of their sacred cow. Lex as a corrupt businessman putting up a facade to ruthlessly amass power at the cost of everyone around him as the living American Nightmare would really be hard to watch. The primary difference is Lex actually is good at what he does and Trump was just a fraudulent loser that lied his way to the top. To be fair, it worked. If they walked out lionized, it'd be because they thought it was trying to burn Trump but portrayed him as competent as Lex which he only wishes were true.

But this has the dangerous potential to spiral into a hellscape so I'll leave it at that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just feel like Jace was better off as the Future State Batman because that was, basically, his time to shine as Batman with Bruce more or less out of the picture/spotlight
    With the rest of the Batfamily still around and doing their stuff without him being involved, he still didn't really feel that important in future state imo.

Boisterously Confused

Batman spends too high a percent of his time in costume. To truly be effective in his mission, he should spend a greater percent of his time in guises like Matches Malone.

a lot of comic fans are very media illiterate and that very much shows in how they understand story.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Batman spends too high a percent of his time in costume. To truly be effective in his mission, he should spend a greater percent of his time in guises like Matches Malone.
    Totally. Any writer that invest heavily into that would be a success.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    a lot of comic fans are very media illiterate and that very much shows in how they understand story.
    Meh. Could you give an example? (Without naming names)

Boisterously Confused

Whether on their own Earth, or The Main Earth, the Golden Age Characters (except The Trinity, The Spectre, and maybe Dr. Fate) should be left in the past. Whether that past is the 1940s, or a nebulous n X 10 Years Ago, new stories of them should be period pieces.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Whether on their own Earth, or The Main Earth, the Golden Age Characters (except The Trinity, The Spectre, and maybe Dr. Fate) should be left in the past. Whether that past is the 1940s, or a nebulous n X 10 Years Ago, new stories of them should be period pieces.
    What about Shazam? (captain marvel)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Concurred. And I would even extend it beyond comic fans to many modern day consumers of works of fiction, particularly when it comes to digesting, comprehending (as in the reading comprehension kind of comprehending, expanded to things like viewing comprehension and listening comprehension) and analyzing the works of fiction they consume.

Bendis needs to give DC pointers on how to properly push characters because they seem to have issues doing so unless they are part of a certain family.
    The J-man