Page 394 of 613 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444494 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Evan Doc Shaner is working on an issue of Young Justice apparently

Around the 17:00 mark

https://www.dcuniverse.com/videos/wa...9-6c87c2318a8e
    Always nice to see him do more then covers .

BANNED

I see Jude is stirring things up over on BC with a "Lois heel turn"

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...-page-shocker/

First things first, it's a Jude Terror article, the guy is very much 90% clickbaiting snark. Bendis has had a few missteps with her character but he's made it pretty clear in interviews with fans and in the books that she's loyal to her husband and her family...even if she takes the offer by Lex and hides it from Clark, it's not going to turn her heel in the conventional sense. The offer Lex is making is about helping characters reach their apex, that's not necessarily the same thing as turning evil. Despite not having a variant cover, Martian Manhunter is given the offer too in Justice League, and the solicit indicates he possibly takes it, will he become evil? Not likely, but he'll have plenty of drama with the League and with Hawkgirl in particular if he does.

Lois got the short straw here, Clark, Kara and Jon aren't going to take the offer because they're out in space, and Clark regardless is never going to listen to Lex Luthor
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-14-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

The very definition of click baiting after so much hoopla was made about Lois' book or even her investigating Leviathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    ...The Batman storyline will be interesting to see if King has really damaged his reputation and selling power. Batman’s sales have taken a hit recently, and people seem to be getting kinda bored with King’s shtick of psychoanalysis of every character. I think they moved the Thomas Wayne story because they were worried it’d completely tank sales after this Knightmares arc.
    I know I have never forgiven King for the wedding debacle, but that's just me. By far of all the events (both DC & Marvel), I am least excited about King's Batman. I think part of the reason is I just don't like King's storytelling methods.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I see Jude is stirring things up over on BC with a "Lois heel turn"

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...-page-shocker/

First things first, it's a Jude Terror article, the guy is very much 90% clickbaiting snark. Bendis has had a few missteps with her character but he's made it pretty clear in interviews with fans and in the books that she's loyal to her husband and her family...even if she takes the offer by Lex and hides it from Clark, it's not going to turn her heel in the conventional sense. The offer Lex is making is about helping characters reach their apex, that's not necessarily the same thing as turning evil. Despite not having a variant cover, Martian Manhunter is given the offer too in Justice League, and the solicit indicates he possibly takes it, will he become evil? Not likely, but he'll have plenty of drama with the League and with Hawkgirl in particular if he does.

Lois got the short straw here, Clark, Kara and Jon aren't going to take the offer because they're out in space, and Clark regardless is never going to listen to Lex Luthor
    A few missteps? About the only things he's gotten right are; her name is Lois, she's supposedly married to Clark, and she's supposed to be a mother.

Barring the first, his execution on those other things, and about everything else about her character, has been wrong. Not once has he been able to get her characterization right.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I realize I'm not a published writer, but Bendis making Lois go heel would fly against every storytelling convention I've ever seen with respect to what he's building just for a quick shock.

With all the positivity he's brought in and all the effort he's put in to growing the Super books and their influence, I would be genuinely surprised if he turns Lois heel. It's categorically the wrong move. Not buying it. I'm going to guess Lex knows that she's not going to turn, but try and manipulate her into messing with Superman because he knows those two are somehow linked. How well it works, well, we'll see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    A few missteps? About the only things he's gotten right are; her name is Lois, she's supposedly married to Clark, and she's supposed to be a mother.

Barring the first, his execution on those other things, and about everything else about her character, has been wrong. Not once has he been able to get her characterization right.
    The backlash of AC#1004 and abandoning Jon aside, I haven't taken too much issue with how Bendis has written her so far. I'm learning not to deal with things on a reactionary case-by-case basis until the story is complete, which won't be for a while, the first full year is just about by and so far Lois is coming across as someone who is asking different questions about herself rather than stick with the same answers. That can be hard to adjust to.

Sure, Lois under Bendis is already incredibly despicable. So why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The backlash of AC#1004 and abandoning Jon aside, I haven't taken too much issue with how Bendis has written her so far. I'm learning not to deal with things on a reactionary case-by-case basis until the story is complete, which won't be for a while, the first full year is just about by and so far Lois is coming across as someone who is asking different questions about herself rather than stick with the same answers. That can be hard to adjust to.
    Lois in the latest issue of Action has been pretty good. Particularly in Action 1009, feels like Bendis is finally getting her voice right. I saw a good amount of Erica Durance's Lois in that. I even think her portrayal in this last arc of Superman has been good. A couple of Bendis affects asides, he writes her and Clark as barely holding it together for Jon and supporting each other. And even if Rucak phones his Lois series in, which he's not, it'll be the best comic portrayal of Lois in the last decade at least.

Round about way to say, I do not think Lois will in any way be written as a heel. I think Luthor already made her her offer in Action 1003 and she rejected it or is using it to work something with what she knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I realize I'm not a published writer, but Bendis making Lois go heel would fly against every storytelling convention I've ever seen with respect to what he's building just for a quick shock.

With all the positivity he's brought in and all the effort he's put in to growing the Super books and their influence, I would be genuinely surprised if he turns Lois heel. It's categorically the wrong move. Not buying it. I'm going to guess Lex knows that she's not going to turn, but try and manipulate her into messing with Superman because he knows those two are somehow linked. How well it works, well, we'll see.
    It would actively undercut everything they are doing with her in the Superman books and her own book. It would work directly against Rucka's interpretation. It's a solicit tease along the lines of what we got for Action 1004 where they were questioning if she even loved him anymore.

I think once the Justice League stuff gets cleared up it'll make sense. I don't think Lois sides with Doom, I think she won't and was part of the reason Superman refused to make the allegedly difficult choices and compromises Batman did in the fake future that led to Superman's destruction.
    Last edited by Yoda; 04-14-2019 at 01:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Sure, Lois under Bendis is already incredibly despicable. So why not?
    The "Year of the Villain" variant and solicitation is a typical dick move from the marketing, which has been trolling fans since Bendis got started...probably at his own request, and almost every time they do the writer turns around in the finished product and says "ah, gotcha, everything's OK". It'd be less annoying if we didn't see this sort of resolution coming whenever Bendis goes on a podcast and says all this, then we occasionally read the same PR exercise verbatim in the issues.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm going to guess Lex knows that she's not going to turn, but try and manipulate her into messing with Superman because he knows those two are somehow linked. How well it works, well, we'll see.
    Honestly, I feel that something like this is the most likely scenario here. Lex will approach Lois knowing she'll turn him down and that she'll pass it on to Clark/Superman in order to distract them from what his real endgame is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Honestly, I feel that something like this is the most likely scenario here. Lex will approach Lois knowing she'll turn him down and that she'll pass it on to Clark/Superman in order to distract them from what his real endgame is.
    I don't think Lois is going to tell Clark, Rucka has said in his interviews there are things that she and Clark don't even tell one another in their relationship.

That could very well be what the solicit of Lois Lane#1 meant when it said she's carrying a secret that will disrupt her husband's life...it might not necessarily be the fact she's his lover (which is about to be debated in the court of public opinion)
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-15-2019 at 03:30 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Few Bendis Superman teasers that you might've missed. Can't post the actual pictures, but here are the links.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvMVQDenxX0/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwQAQxTnDAP/

* The first is Superman chasing after Zaar's space ship, then losing it as Zaar apparently hits the warp drive.

* The second is something I imagine both Superman and Jon Kent fans will appreciate because it's Clark ab-so-LUTELY DECIMATING some solders in space while Jon looks on with a clear mix of awe and pride. Bendis even has "#wow" in there for good measure.

Hopefully this does a little to address the concerns some people had that Jon would now apparently be incapable of being in awe of his father. It's a a great companion to that moment in issue 10 where Clark asks if Jon wants to stay home or suit up to get back out there, and, with an easy and confident smile, Jon says "suit up, sir." Clark couldn't hide the swell of pride he felt.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Few Bendis Superman teasers that you might've missed. Can't post the actual pictures, but here are the links.

* The first is Superman chasing after Zaar's space ship, then losing it as Zaar apparently hits the warp drive.

* The second is something I imagine both Superman and Jon Kent fans will appreciate because it's Clark ab-so-LUTELY DECIMATING some solders in space while Jon looks on with a clear mix of awe and pride. Bendis even has "#wow" in there for good measure.

Hopefully this does a little to address the concerns some people had that Jon would now apparently be incapable of being in awe of his father. It's a a great companion to that moment in issue 10 where Clark asks if Jon wants to stay home or suit up to get back out there, and, with an easy and confident smile, Jon says "suit up, sir." Clark couldn't hide the swell of pride he felt.
    For me, it has nothing to do with a concern. It's more of a problem to me him being 17. I would like him to be 13-14, same age as Damian. Since the Legion is coming in July/August. I hope Jon doesn't get sent to to the Legion.

Side note, preview of JL #22 is out. Bat-Mite sides with JL.
    https://comicsverse.com/justice-league-22-preview/

BANNED

In the comments section, a fan spoke about his concerns for Lois on the Year of the Villain variant

I've saw that year of the villain list and why is lois lane on that list because i thought you said you in your interviews that Lois lane secret has nothing to do with both Clark kent and Lois lane breaking or she would do something behind his back and your goal wasn't to break them up so why is she on the list
    Bendis' response:

Read the book to find out why. It’s a mystery!p