Page 586 of 661 FirstFirst ... 86486536576582583584585586587588589590596636 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,790 of 9903

So just flipped through the last issue of R&G and I am underwhelmed. Probably the weakest issue since No 1 which is sort of odd that the 1st and last issues were meh but the middle parts were much better.

Anywho, hopefully all the angst is over at least for the foreseeable future. Didn't bother with Gold and AXM.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-02-2018 at 08:04 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

R&G 5 was normal. It wasn`t bad. It was just not as great as previous issues. Also last issue is too Rogue centric for a team up book. Still liked it but dissapointed a little bit. But mini as the whole is very good.

AXM 11. Lame. Gambit speaked only with Rogue and had 1 scene where he made a bait for Proteus.

X-men Gold 7. 1 scene with Rogue and 1 scene where he threw cards into robots. Nothing interesting. really.

Yeah kind of felt like the villain was specifically created with Rogue in mind. Gambit was just there as her sidekick to buy her time to defeat Lavish in a way only she could.

Also thought wasting panel space to develop the villain in the final issue was a poor choice. At this point I think most readers don't care about Lavish or her motivations so cramming it in the last issue is an odd story choice IMO.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-02-2018 at 08:45 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    R&G 5 was normal. It wasn`t bad. It was just not as great as previous issues. Also last issue is too Rogue centric for a team up book. Still liked it but dissapointed a little bit. But mini as the whole is very good.

AXM 11. Lame. Gambit speaked only with Rogue and had 1 scene where he made a bait for Proteus.

X-men Gold 7. 1 scene with Rogue and 1 scene where he threw cards into robots. Nothing interesting. really.
    I think this was the weakest issue by far but I am happy that the book ended on a positive note. Didn't care about X-men Gold or Astonishing at this point as Gambit barely does anything in them.

I thought R&G #5 was a wonderful conclusion. Didn't bother buying or reading or skimming through anything else.

Hopefully the drama is over at least. Can't stand the angst or Rogue being wishy washy about Gambit and after the way this ended, there is really no room for that anymore.

Rogue finally apologized. Thats all I got. It was too Rogue-centric and I felt "bleh" as I have for the entire thing.

Would agree with Remydat that spending time on Lavish for the last issue was not a good choice and certainly felt like the character was there for Rogue solely.

My reward: Gambit still has his cats! bwahaha.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

X-Men Producer Confirms Channing Tatum Gambit Movie Still Alive

https://screenrant.com/x-men-channin...-gambit-movie/

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    X-Men Producer Confirms Channing Tatum Gambit Movie Still Alive

https://screenrant.com/x-men-channin...-gambit-movie/
    Hmmm, Channing's hair looks longer in that head shot. Not sure if that is significant. How did he do in Kingsmen Golden Circle? I never saw it.

R&G #5 read like a bad issue of Legacy. Rogue saves the day and Gambit mostly stands around and tells her how great she is.

Perhaps we should start calling him "The superhero formerly known as Gambit aka Rogue's insignificant other."

The R&G mini was mainly a Rogue story, so it was kind of expected. It was mostly from her PoV and was dealing with her problems and issues. Gambit mainly just was there to tell her how great she is, tell her how much he loves her, and to say he forgives her even though he was trying to get her back from the first few panels of issue #1. He didn't have a very strong narrative or any agency in the story really.

But again, it is expected. This is just how Gambit is written when he is with Rogue now. He falls into becoming her supporting character.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yeah kind of felt like the villain was specifically created with Rogue in mind. Gambit was just there as her sidekick to buy her time to defeat Lavish in a way only she could.

Also thought wasting panel space to develop the villain in the final issue was a poor choice. At this point I think most readers don't care about Lavish or her motivations so cramming it in the last issue is an odd story choice IMO.
    Swear I didn't read this before my Guild post... The analytical is strong in this one.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Perhaps we should start calling him "The superhero formerly known as Gambit aka Rogue's insignificant other."
    Heh heh. My concern after reading this issue is establishing Gambit's lack of meaning or usefulness in the X-books. His character not worthy of his own presence because now that he is attached to Rogue, it will be for her benefit.

It's a shame.

As for this mini being mainly about Rogue .... it was that way .... all the way through. Gambit was seldom shown as his own person. IMO - Just another writer boosting Rogue at Gambit's expense. Clearly, Rogue was the preferred character, as she got all the growth. It didn't do anything for Gambit but regress him the 1990's. IMO
    Last edited by Neko; 05-02-2018 at 05:55 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

I'm sorry so many of you guys feel let down and convinced that Gambit didn't get enough time to shine and that this was "Rogue's book." I certainly disagree. Especially since I literally broke down the issues point by point on my own for each of them in each issue and in every issue except the last Gambit had more "cool action beats/moments" than Rogue. I was pretty careful about that because I knew she was going to be getting the lion's share of the finale due to her similar power set to Lavish and I wanted balance.

On the more emotional front...Rogue definitely had more time throughout the series, but I felt that was necessary because she was the one that had to see the light and have some revelations about their relationship and also be the one to make the apologies. Gambit was already emotionally there...waiting for her to figure it out. And you can disagree with that if you like, but I inherited what I inherited, and that inheritance was a Gambit still in love with Rogue and waiting for her to figure things out so that they could be together. That requires that she does more emotional lifting in our story than Remy...as he said to her from issue one.

Anyway. Sorry it didn't work for a lot of you, I appreciate you giving it a chance (if you can honestly say you did - I think some of you definitely did...others I'm not so sure). I'm definitely walking away from this particular thread feeling like there's no way to please most of you in here and y'know, that's okay...we all want what we want. Including me. And I gotta carve my own path. But I'm sorry that going forward I'm unlikely to be the right writer for a lot of you. Good luck to ya.