Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    He just confirmed as much in his newsletter

https://www.jasonaaron.info/post/thi...rade-paperback

Aaron basically said that issue 50 is the start of a long arc that will go well into 2022 and it will touch on everything he wrote in the last 15 years at.

I'm pretty excited about simply because he's laid out the pieces now he just has to do something exciting with it.

He set up the Squadron, The Council of Hel, Vampires, Avengers 1000000 BC, Baby Starbrand, The Red Guard, Phoenix, and Namor.

I mean that is a hell of a lot of dangling plot threads that have not paid off in the least. So I hope next year we start seeing some of these threads being tied off.
    I wish I was more invested in this than I am.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aaron hasn't made it easy for long time fans.

Let's hope for better days after issue 50

Jason Aaron's writing has been marginally good enough to continue reading, but only because Tony, Steve and Thor are in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Jason Aaron's writing has been marginally good enough to continue reading, but only because Tony, Steve and Thor are in the book.
    The main reason I barely read the book is because Tony is rarely in it. That and the stories that I read just didn’t do anything for me to continue pass them. Was Tony even in this weeks issue? Did he do anything?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    The main reason I barely read the book is because Tony is rarely in it. That and the stories that I read just didn’t do anything for me to continue pass them. Was Tony even in this weeks issue? Did he do anything?
    Is Howard Stark still a devil?

Is Howard Stark still a devil?
    He works for the devil. Basically Mephisto’s lapdog.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    He was nearly killed by gorilla man

I think he's being set up for an important role given that he had that one-shot devoted to him meeting the ancient avengers. I think the one person who's really underused is Captain Marvel. We're heading into issue 50 and I don't think she's gotten a storyline where she's more the focus. Seems like she's been more of a mentor this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    He was nearly killed by gorilla man

I think he's being set up for an important role given that he had that one-shot devoted to him meeting the ancient avengers. I think the one person who's really underused is Captain Marvel. We're heading into issue 50 and I don't think she's gotten a storyline where she's more the focus. Seems like she's been more of a mentor this series.
    Editorial is forcing Aaron to use her.

I'm so little invested in it, that this week's issue was my last until he's gone. The Phoenix storyline was just the worst and I didn't even bother with the Reborn minis.

Avengers: How THAT Yellowjacket/Wasp Scene Has Gone Missing Over Time
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-yellowj...oved-reprints/

Avengers: How THAT Yellowjacket/Wasp Scene Has Gone Missing Over Time
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-yellowj...oved-reprints/
    I don't see it as having gone missing. It's quite often mentioned in Hank Pym and Avengers appreciation threads. I have the original, but I also have reprints in which this scene was excluded. It's a very weird and confusing scene (what does he mean with "now do me?" The imagination offers so many options).

Peace

The solicits mentioned that the 50th issue of this volume will be #750 overall. I hope that the book returns to the original number.

Incredible Member

The solicits mentioned that the 50th issue of this volume will be #750 overall. I hope that the book returns to the original number.
    Me too. Trying to track down back issues of titles in the comic shop is a nightmare. So many number ones every time a new creative team comes on board.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    He just confirmed as much in his newsletter

https://www.jasonaaron.info/post/thi...rade-paperback

Aaron basically said that issue 50 is the start of a long arc that will go well into 2022 and it will touch on everything he wrote in the last 15 years at.

I'm pretty excited about simply because he's laid out the pieces now he just has to do something exciting with it.

He set up the Squadron, The Council of Hel, Vampires, Avengers 1000000 BC, Baby Starbrand, The Red Guard, Phoenix, and Namor.

I mean that is a hell of a lot of dangling plot threads that have not paid off in the least. So I hope next year we start seeing some of these threads being tied off.
    How does the council of Hel differ from the Six Fingered Hand?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

750 won’t be until issue 60, because issue 10 of this run was the 700th issue