Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Looking forward to the new solo series, though I could see her breaking out the newer costume for the streets or for private investigation work, and using the classic costume for more "superhero" stuff.
    Hey if we can get a mix, I’m totally down for it. I felt that would have been a nice compromise when it came to the costume switch in the first place.

Good that the classic costume is back but the baby needs to go. My problem with the baby is that she willfully decided to bring a child into the world with no father knowing that she herself would still be away from him for lots of time. It is one thing if something happens that destroys the plan to raise the kid with his father but choosing to get pregnant and bring a kid into the world with no father reeks of selfishness and care for oneself almost treating the kid as a hobby rather than making the kid’s needs the priority.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Good that the classic costume is back but the baby needs to go. My problem with the baby is that she willfully decided to bring a child into the world with no father knowing that she herself would still be away from him for lots of time. It is one thing if something happens that destroys the plan to raise the kid with his father but choosing to get pregnant and bring a kid into the world with no father reeks of selfishness and care for oneself almost treating the kid as a hobby rather than making the kid’s needs the priority.
    So...abandon the kid to foster care to grow up in the system and come back as an adult to cause problems due to mommy issues...or just have a villian snap his neck?? What is your preferred way to get rid of the kid??

Future Foundation? Admittedly I've been way out of the loop on recent years of Spider Woman. I hate the drab costume and prefer her superhero outfit.

I first read her in the old Two in One, and then her original series. I loved when she came to Avengers, even though it was really a Skrull at first.

But something afterwards just left me cold on her/stories. So I want to check this out and see if it is more to my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    So...abandon the kid to foster care to grow up in the system and come back as an adult to cause problems due to mommy issues...or just have a villian snap his neck?? What is your preferred way to get rid of the kid??
    Retcon that he never existed because the decision to have him is the first place is what is the most damaging.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

You're entitled to your opinion just like I'm entitled to mine, which is I love seeing Jess as a mom.

I don't think Gerry is going anywhere soon.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

NOOOOOOO don't get rid of the kid

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Retcon that he never existed because the decision to have him is the first place is what is the most damaging.
    I do too. I felt that the story of Jessica being a mom was based on Dennis Hopeless expecting his first child. I think that the best option was for Jessica to battle The Queenpin Black Cat...

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    “This is big, can't miss, over-the-top action, some very surprising ‘venom blasts from the pasts,’ and also a ton of helicopter explosions.”

“It's a super fun adventure with a lot of twists and turns...and seriously, so many helicopter explosions,”

I hope I'm wrong, but this is giving me the impression that they'll be using action to replace an actual story.

But it could be just a goofy running gag.

Oh well, I didn't really care about Hopeless run, so, hope this one is not-forgettable.
    Let's hope that the new creative team will create stories that would include Spider-man and Black Cat respectively in Jessica's world in a reoccurring guest spot. She's the only other Spider who is not afraid to be around Peter Parker. If Spider-Woman is to do very well(in terms of sales volume), the creative team must bring in the Spider-Man audience to support it, such as having non-crossover stories that would feature Jessica either in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man(including the satellite titles), Black Cat, and Spider-Man 2099.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Looking forward to the new solo series, though I could see her breaking out the newer costume for the streets or for private investigation work, and using the classic costume for more "superhero" stuff.
    Yeah, she doesn't need to totally discard it -- though I would just avoid using those goofy goggles and maybe just using shades instead -- or nothing at all.

I wouldn't mind Spider-Man and/or Felicia showing up -- but I like that Spider-Woman's stories tended to have darker/more mysterious elements. And she definitely needs to be west coast!
    Last edited by kcekada; 11-21-2019 at 06:24 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Yeah, she doesn't need to totally discard it -- though I would just avoid using those goofy goggles and maybe just using shades instead -- or nothing at all.

I wouldn't mind Spider-Man and/or Felicia showing up -- but I like that Spider-Woman's stories tended to have darker/more mysterious elements. And she definitely needs to be west coast!
    Jessica was on the west coast before. Personally, I think that Felicia Hardy needs to be on the west coast. I would rather see the darker/more mysterious elements incorporated into Spider-Man's world as well. I feel that having Jessica appear as a reoccurring guest in the pages of Spider-Man would make some of the stories interesting to read. This would lead to the support of Jessica's solo series having sales orders of 70K per month because the Spider-Man audience would support the book. While I'll agree that Jessica doesn't need Peter Parker in her book, he is a close friend of hers. It would be nice to see their friendship develop in the same manner as it has with Carol Danvers and Jessica Jones respectively. In her previous series, Dennis Hopeless had done a guest appearance with Carol Danvers for a story arc, yet not Spider-Man? Hopeless missed out on the chance to increase sales for Spider-Woman because the Spider-Man support base is huge. This would have gotten readers to buy Spider-Woman's solo of which they would not have otherwise where is not for her association with Peter Parker.

It worked for Carol's Ms. Marvel series where Spidey only appeared 7 times throughout Brian Reed's run; but none during KSD's run or anyone else after? Makes no sense not having Spider-Man and Captain Marvel working together. The last time that happened was 7 years ago with Avenging Spider-Man, which was very good. I would like to see more of that in the pages of Spider-Woman because it would get me to buy the book.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-21-2019 at 09:28 AM.

Putting Spidey in a book doesn't make it a guaranteed hit. If you want to see Jess and Peter team up so much write Marvel at spideyoffice@marvel.com
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Putting Spidey in a book doesn't make it a guaranteed hit. If you want to see Jess and Peter team up so much write Marvel at spideyoffice@marvel.com
    I want to see a SM & SW "team-up".
    team up.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I do too. I felt that the story of Jessica being a mom was based on Dennis Hopeless expecting his first child. I think that the best option was for Jessica to battle The Queenpin Black Cat...

Let's hope that the new creative team will create stories that would include Spider-man and Black Cat respectively in Jessica's world in a reoccurring guest spot. She's the only other Spider who is not afraid to be around Peter Parker. If Spider-Woman is to do very well(in terms of sales volume), the creative team must bring in the Spider-Man audience to support it, such as having non-crossover stories that would feature Jessica either in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man(including the satellite titles), Black Cat, and Spider-Man 2099.
    Uh, none of the other spiders are afraid to be around him either.

Bringing Spidey or Felicia would only help with short therm sales, Jessica has to establish herself, have interesting stories and/or good characters to be able to maintain an ongoing, which is going to be an uphill battle, since Spider-Gwen is the more known Spider-Female, and even she doesn't have high sales.

If you want an idea on what Karla Pecheco's writing is like, read Fantastic Four 2099. I was NOT expecting that ending and I LOVED it. Seriously guys, check it out.