Page 7 of 85 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    Maybe I missed something at some point, but I don't think this discussion needs to be in spoiler tags.

I think it's a pretty huge leap to say that all the writers handling the character believe Gwen belongs with Peter. I think it just that the dynamic between the two is generally more interesting than anything established between her and Miles. To Gwen 616 Peter is like the ghost of her best friend come back to haunt her and for Peter 65 Gwen is the ghost of his first true love to haunt him. The relationship, platonically speaking, has more potential than Miles, who's just some dude that Gwen knows that also has spider powers. Sitting in a tree didn't do much other than show Miles has an interest in her that wasn't reciprocated. Otherwise the bulk of that stories about Miles's relationship with his dad. It's no small wonder that the writers just don't have much interest in doing anything else with them.

Except for the third time, that's not what I'm saying. I have repeated numerous times that I do not believe writers want to have Gwen "with" Peter. I stated I believe writers think Gwen belongs "to" Peter. Again, the quote.

I'm not saying writers believe Spider Gwen and Peter should be an end game couple. I'm saying writers believe because she's a gwen, she "belongs" to Peter in terms of that a spider related person can't date her, due to the "original gwen" history with Peter Parker/
    As for believing Miles relationship lacks potential with Spider Gwen, I'm not here to debate you. If you're already against the pairing to begin with (which you largely indicated you were due to you sharing a similar belief of seeing it weird that Miles relationship seems weird with dating someone associated with Peter's Alternative Ex Girlfriend) than there's no point in trying to indicate the potential that they possess, or how differently sitting in a tree could be viewed.

So ultimately, I'm going to say I agree to disagree. From what I see, Sitting in a Tree open the flood gates that had the potential to further be explored way more than say Miles and Kamala. But like Black Panther and Storm, writers didn't get behind the pairing, which "I" believe is due to the reason I previously listed.

I don't really see how Gwen interacting with Peter a bit in her own series is a sign that writers feel she "belongs" with Peter any more then Peter appearing in Miles' book is an indication that Miles "belongs" to Peter.

If there's any sense of "belonging" it would be in-terms of the fact that Peter is ostensibly the lead of the franchise they all fall under.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't really see how Gwen interacting with Peter a bit in her own series is a sign that writers feel she "belongs" with Peter any more then Peter appearing in Miles' book is an indication that Miles "belongs" to Peter.

If there's any sense of "belonging" it would be in-terms of the fact that Peter is ostensibly the lead of the franchise they all fall under.
    Of course you won't, because you're not attempting to understand what I'm saying. So when there's a breakdown at the fundamental level of the conversation, there's no way to grasp the tangents (Peter appearing more often in Gwen's book vs Miles not appearing at all or Gwen not appearing in Miles book) that's based around the core of the conversation (Fans and Writers believe Gwen belongs "to" Peter). So ultimately, I will settle to just agree to disagree.
    Last edited by leo619; 01-16-2020 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Of course you won't, because you're not attempting to understand what I'm saying. So when there's a breakdown at the fundamental level of the conversation, there's no way to grasp the tangents (Peter appearing more often in Gwen's book vs Miles not appearing at all or Gwen not appearing in Miles book) that's based around the core of the conversation (Fans and Writers believe Gwen belongs "to" Peter). So ultimately, I will settle to just agree to disagree.
    I think I do understand what you're saying, I just disagree with it, but I think it is better to just agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    I realize there is an interesting sexual racism, I explain myself: always I suggest a white female should date a black male, people invent poor excuses to say "nah, better stay friends", maybe they don´t really hate black people, but do really hate the idea of black male dating white female. That or "I don´t think she can match with any BM". I´m worrying people insistence on boring friendship over sexual/romantic things, I guess there are many otakus inside too comic fandom.
    Don't doubt yourself, the truth will always be diluted and diffused to something that is supposed to be a harmless misunderstanding. At the heart of it all mostly people don't want a black male, hero or otherwise to not be normalized and acceptable in this medium.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This should be fun.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Marvel just revealed that Miles' book will have, Carmen Carnero take over art duties for issue #17, and maybe for the foreseeable future with the way they phrased it in the article; Or at the very least I believe until this arc is over. In any case, they also revealed the cover done by, Javier Garron (who looks like he may be shifting his talents to cover art duties). Of course, this will tie into the whole "Outlawed" status quo and of course, I'm probably going to love it. If you want to check out Carmen Carnero's art style (which I rather like) check out her Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Oh, I can't wait to see this. A long time coming.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 01-22-2020 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Marvel just revealed that Miles' book will have, Carmen Carnero take over art duties for issue #17, and maybe for the foreseeable future with the way they phrased it in the article; Or at the very least I believe until this arc is over. In any case, they also revealed the cover done by, Javier Garron (who looks like he may be shifting his talents to cover art duties). Of course, this will tie into the whole "Outlawed" status quo and of course, I'm probably going to love it. If you want to check out Carmen Carnero's art style (which I rather like) check out her Instagram

Miles finally gets to feel what it's like to be a Spider-Man on the run from the law.

Wasn't Carnero supposed to be doing X-Corp? I wonder if plans changed after the book's existence was leaked in the Captain Marvel letters page.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Carnero has some great art so you'd hear no complaints from me if they took over art duties. It's a little strange that they didn't post the solicit for issue #17.

Team MILES MORALES welcomes the INCREDIBLE Carmen Carnero and welcomes readers faithful and fresh to discover what life is like for Brooklyn’s teen Spider–Man in the OUTLAWED age! It’s time for young people to stand together or fall apart! But who will need Miles to risk the wrath of C.R.A.D.L.E.?
    This seems like it would be the solicit but it hard to tell. If it is the solicit then my guess on who Miles is going to "risk the wrath of C.R.A.D.L.E" is probably Starling or Bombshell, it could honestly go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Carnero has some great art so you'd hear no complaints from me if they took over art duties. It's a little strange that they didn't post the solicit for issue #17.

This seems like it would be the solicit but it hard to tell. If it is the solicit then my guess on who Miles is going to "risk the wrath of C.R.A.D.L.E" is probably Starling or Bombshell, it could honestly go either way.
    We'll get the full solicit tomorrow, I think this was just a snippet. Maybe Uncle Aaron needs some help, or maybe this is a stealth crossover with some of his Champions teammates since he's back on the team. Which in that case Bombshell could very well be appearing again.

Incredible Member

I should not be so excited to get a new artist, but the covers she has done for Star look great and I would enjoy seeing her do an entire issue(s). Now hopefully she can do Miles' suit justice..

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I should not be so excited to get a new artist, but the covers she has done for Star look great and I would enjoy seeing her do an entire issue(s). Now hopefully she can do Miles' suit justice..
    If you really want to see what she can do for a book then check out the first few arcs of Captain Marvel. She was the main artist working with Kelly Thompson when the series started. Although she did say she was making a few tweaks to her usual style for Miles' book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I thought it might be a civilian he has to come out and rescue, but it could be another teen hero.