Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Trump's the one on record saying he wants a shutdown, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    All things good are from Trump, all things bad from the Dems for those who have drunk the Kool Aid. I hear the Dems are screwing up the Federal recovery response for Puerto Rico.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Dude. Shut the **** up.

For real. That's not how being trans, gay, lesbian, bi, non binary or asexual works.

(I know you're a mod, and you can ban me if you want, for language or whatever, but this is a stupid fucking sentence and this is a hill upon which I am willing to die.)
    You rock.
    And Mets was being rude and ignorant with his post and if the shoe was on the other foot, I'd give him a 3 day ban.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I'm so glad I saw this:

As far as tweets by Trump that seem too good to be true, that one is actually fake. Snopes checked into it.

Satirists keep forgetting that satire is dead.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Well, Heavy Falcon launched, separated, landed it's boosters, and orbited a "Don't Panic" Starman car!

GIVE ME A SPACE RACE!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    The late actor Powers Boothe was in a great made-for-TV film on Jim Jones called Guyana Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones (1980). Boothe won an Emmy for his performance.
    Check out Southern Comfort with Keith Carradine, if you haven't already.

I don't think I've seen that Jim Jones TV movie since it first came out. The Emmy was well deserved

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    All things good are from Trump, all things bad from the Dems for those who have drunk the Kool Aid. I hear the Dems are screwing up the Federal recovery response for Puerto Rico.
    The only Puerto Rico story I've seen today involves FEMA hiring a contractor to deliver tens millions of meals, which turned out to be a company of one person that hired a subcontractor of less than a dozen people that managed to botch every aspect of production and bring in nothing comically behind schedule.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/06/u...erto-rico.html

Well, it would be comical if people weren't starving.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Check out Southern Comfort with Keith Carradine, if you haven't already.
    I have. Just got the Blu ray/DVD combo this past year. Extreme Prejudice (1987) is another I like of his (it has a piss poor Region 1 dvd release sadly, hopefully Shout Factory will do that one soon).

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't think I've seen that Jim Jones TV movie since it first came out. The Emmy was well deserved
    It's got a solid enough DVD release (might be online too, youtube maybe if they haven't had cease & desist orders taking it down).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-06-2018 at 02:31 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    The only Puerto Rico story I've seen today involves FEMA hiring a contractor to deliver tens millions of meals, which turned out to be a company of one person that hired a subcontractor of less than a dozen people that managed to botch every aspect of production and bring in nothing comically behind schedule.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/06/u...erto-rico.html

Well, it would be comical if people weren't starving.
    I saw that too, let's see them blame either the Dems or ungrateful Puerto Ricans.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Well, Heavy Falcon launched, separated, landed it's boosters, and orbited a "Don't Panic" Starman car!

GIVE ME A SPACE RACE!

Watched it live on TV, it was both bizarre [Probably a new world record for fastest moving Car] and really cool to watch.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Watched it live on TV, it was both bizarre [Probably a new world record for fastest moving Car] and really cool to watch.
    I watched it live, too, and playing Bowie always makes things bizarre!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    As far as tweets by Trump that seem too good to be true, that one is actually fake. Snopes checked into it.

Satirists keep forgetting that satire is dead.
    You owe a coke to the Lensman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Now I am slightly saddened, but not as much because this hoax showed me the Trump Criticizes Trump stuff thanks to Tami and JCAll.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Julián Castro: 'I have every interest in running' for president in 2020

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...sident-in-2020

Castro appears to be the first Democrat to officially express an interest in 2020.
    There is the Congressman officially running.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...aryland-241132

Castro has a higher profile, although it's unclear if he's in the top tier.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's also dependent on the GOP hanging onto control of the House, which is looking bleaker for them by the day.
    Not quite. Poll numbers have been improving.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...idterm-chances
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Yeah watch it too with a friend the people in the background screamed like in a football play

Empty is thy hand!

You rock.
    And Mets was being rude and ignorant with his post and if the shoe was on the other foot, I'd give him a 3 day ban.
    Hear, hear. Soft bigotry needs to be pushed back against just as much as any other kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It's simple, Mets. Much like being gay, if culture stops making it a bad thing to be, more people will openly be that, and younger than say, a married man in his 40s finally coming out.

The study isn't accounting for a shift in cultural acceptance. None of which has to do with you so called "socializing" kids to be trans. smdh.

It's almost like these things are easy to understand and not interesting findings that need to be looked in to deeper to find out how society is making kids homos.
    In both of my posts on the topic, I did consider the possibility that older generations have the same percentage of trans people, but they're not able to be openly trans.

I disagree with the idea that it's wrong to look deeply into the results of a study.

If the study is accurate, and those results are the same across generations with older demographics all in the closet to a much greater extent, that would suggest that for every trans individual over the age of twenty, there are four who are closeted, and that this would be the equivalent of two percent of the population. That has massive implications for social programs, health care and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    It wouldn't be the first sensational article based on a faulty study.
    What might be the faults of the study? How does the article sensationalize it?

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    "I see all of these interracial marriages happening lately -- it's almost like people are being socialized to think racism is not okay and that they should just marry whomever they want.

Since being an interracial couple -- and having "mixed-race" kids -- can be challenging, these are things that need to be figured out."
    The sense is that someone who was gay or trans would be that way regardless of upbringing. Interracial relationships would seem to be in a different category. A lot of people in one type of interracial relationship could probably be just as happy if they were in a different kind of relationship (this is not an argument for preventing any consenting adults from dating/ marrying/ having kids). Some people do have a particular type, although that probably has other reasons than biology. My best friend has a preference for Korean girls, which works out well for him in Long Island, but if he grew up in rural Poland instead, I'd imagine he'd still be attracted to somebody around him.

You rock.
    How was it rude? And what specifically did I say that is so beyond the pale as to merit a ban?

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    Hear, hear. Soft bigotry needs to be pushed back against just as much as any other kind.
    Hmm, I've pissed off the Joker and Batman's son.

Anyway, how were the comments bigoted?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets