Page 210 of 432 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 6479

The X-men Monday is out with Russell Dautermann.

Here is the link:

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/06/22/x-...ell-dauterman/

a few choice quotes:

AIPT: Do you have an all-time favorite X-Men story?

Russell: My all-time favorite is probably Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely’s New X-Men–specifically, and this comes as no surprise, New X-Men #121. That’s my favorite comic of all time. But that whole run was such a bold new direction for the X-Men, with wonderful character work and all the awesome/weird sci-fi fantasy stuff you’d expect. It also has this 3-dimensional view of mutantdom that expanded the world, with a larger student body, the U-Men harvesting mutant organs, the hate crime against Jumbo Carnation–there was just a lot of world-building outside the X-Men, which I liked. Then, of course, at the center is the incredible soap opera.
    Dauterman has good taste

AIPT: So what do you love about Jean as a character?

Russell: I love that she’s an empathetic and emotional character, which some people might view as being weak and she’s often underestimated. But she proves over and over again that she’s incredibly capable and smart, tough and powerful–Phoenix or not.

I love X-Men #28, where the X-Men are having trouble with Sabretooth and Jean stands up to him, hits him with a psychic blast and delivers that great speech about being like an atom bomb. Sabretooth thought she’d be easy to manipulate and she proved him wrong.
    and finally...

AIPT: Something else that’s gotten X-Fans talking is the return of Jean’s green dress, which has split X-Fandom in two. But I’ve seen many fans embrace your redesign of the X-Men Red uniform. What made you want to put Jean in that costume and slap a new coat of paint on it?

Russell: Well, I like the green dress in the context of the ‘60s. I think that a college-aged woman in the ‘60s would feasibly wear that as her superhero costume. I don’t think a 30ish woman in 2020 would wear that as a superhero costume. I think it’s anachronistic and I wanted Jean in something modern to match the rest of the team.

Mahmud Asrar designed such an awesome modern costume for her in X-Men Red. Jonathan had talked about Jean’s colors being green and gold, so I tweaked the costume and asked if we could use that. They were up for it and seemed to be willing to play around with costumes and the whole mutant clothes idea. I was very glad we got to use that.

i don't really agree with Russel about Morrison, but everyone have their own taste.

Agree about the marvel girl costume, it was fine on 60s but now? no woman would use it as superhero costume.
    I would like to see a Russel re-design for Jean.

yeah Jean is understimated a lot because people don't think she is complex

I used to respect Dauterman. I respect him even more now.

I do share his opinion, obviously, about Jean, New X-Men and the Mini skirt.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Magickmarker
    I was coming here to post this one of these but got beaten to the punch. By a lot, apparently.

Edir - it seems quoting 3 pictures counts as trying to post 4 pictures. I didn't know that about this messageboard.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I used to respect Dauterman. I respect him even more now.

I do share his opinion, obviously, about Jean, New X-Men and the Mini skirt.
    Same

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I was coming here to post this one of these but got beaten to the punch. By a lot, apparently.

Edir - it seems quoting 3 pictures counts as trying to post 4 pictures. I didn't know that about this messageboard.
    a emoji counts as image

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think Emma Watson would be a great choice for Jean Grey. Plus she’s linked to another famous franchise, Harry Potter.

I know obviously they have to start out with a first team of XMen, but I wouldn’t want them to be kids. I think it just wouldn’t work well. Start them out as adults.
    I like Emma Watson a lot as a person and a humanitarian but I'm not a big fan of her as an actress. She tends to play herself over and over (Belle is basically Hermione 2.0) so I'd rather not she play Jean.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I like Emma Watson a lot as a person and a humanitarian but I'm not a big fan of her as an actress. She tends to play herself over and over (Belle is basically Hermione 2.0) so I'd rather not she play Jean.
    Agreed. Emma Watson would be a miscast just like Sophie Turner. Both have the range and screen presence of a paper towel.

Emma killed it in The Bling Ring at least.
    Very different role from jean mind you lol . Saorise's better at wide-eyed heroines and she can deliver edge and nuance like no one's business. That said I think I'd prefer an unknown actress tbh. Mostly unknown actors across the board would be fun nexciting

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Agreed. Emma Watson would be a miscast just like Sophie Turner. Both have the range and screen presence of a paper towel.
    I Think Turner could have worked, but the usual Problems with the x-men movies worked against her.

BANNED

Apparently Saorise Ronan auditioned for the role in the Fox series, but they chose Sansa over her because she had more Instagram followers. If and when Marvel does decide to cast her again, they really need to pick someone with legit acting chops and screen presence, or else we're just going to be treated to another wooden DPS redux.

Sansa was fine as Jean. The problems with the movies has never been the actresses in that role

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Sansa was fine as Jean. The problems with the movies has never been the actresses in that role
    Right, lack-luster scripts and a need to retell the same story over and over again.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It's pretty hard to make a good movie when your lead actress is a block of wood though. Say what you will about the series being too Wolverine focused, but Jackman was clearly far more invested in the role than any of his co-stars and it showed, and the new series definitely suffered for not having someone like that to anchor the films around.