Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Honestly i think they've ALREADY disgraced Batman a heck of a lot more than they ever did Superman. The idea that Kate is better for the sole reason of 'She's a woman'. The fact he abandoned Gotham... the fact that it was a fight of Batman that caused her sister to have all her issues in the first place and never was able to find her... Now I'm hearing rumors that he killed Joker before vanishing... Add in the fact we're back to the Fox's outfitting Batman and the suit itself is treated like some magical artifact and 'anyone' who wears it can be Batman.... Ughhh... Not even counting Alternate Bruce who's psychotic and murderhappy. keeping trophies of killing Clark. I really don't know what else they could do.
    I guess you must have hated the Nolan movies where Batman abandoned Gotham and hid in his mansion for years, failed to save Harvey or his ex girlfriend leading to Two-Face, got suckered by the Joker and was broken by Bane then slept with the enemy and handed her a device that could destroy the city, etc.... oh, then abandoned the city again to be with a woman and left the mantle to a young cop as though anyone could be Batman...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I guess you must have hated the Nolan movies where Batman abandoned Gotham and hid in his mansion for years, failed to save Harvey or his ex girlfriend leading to Two-Face, got suckered by the Joker and was broken by Bane then slept with the enemy and handed her a device that could destroy the city, etc.... oh, then abandoned the city again to be with a woman and left the mantle to a young cop as though anyone could be Batman...
    I didn't think much of those things either. Didn't bug me as much as it did others, but Nolan's films were hella flawed.

Fantastic Member

It is the Arrowverse, would anyone be surprised?

And anyone can be Black Canary...or is it, everyone has been Black Canary? Green Arrow was just Batman in green, they never showed us an accurate depiction of Oliver Queen.

They mess with all the characters.

Yep!! Sure do. I can live with the 'failing to save Harvey'... because he really did his best to try to save one of them and joker just got him with the double blind. It was very similar to Batman getting back to Jason Todd JUST in time to see the building explode. Sometimes that happens.

But yeah, Dark Knight Rises is one of the biggest disappointments I've ever seen. I went in with high hopes... but it sucked. For a lot of the reasons that you point out. Quiting Gotham and hiding in the mansion... after DK left us with the whole 'We'll hunt him down, because we have to' thing that seemed promising. The idea that he was broken long before Bane ever got to him.. and we needed to see 'the Dark Knight Rise' twice in the same movie as he overcomes injuries... Talia crammed in out of nowhere. I also hated that 'robin' figured out that Bruce was Batman because why else would an orphan donate to an orphanage... And yes... the Retiring and leaving the cave to someone with zero ninja training was just dumb.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

These shows are the equivalent of Saturday Morning Cartoons with high drama that would make a high school theater teacher blush.

Everybody needs to chill out and enjoy what you enjoy and if you don't enjoy it you have over 80 years worth of Bat-Stories to enjoy.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Wow! A non psychotic healthy bruce who gave up futile, dangerous Vigilantism and actually started a life. How bad!!!!! /s

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Everybody needs to chill out and enjoy what you enjoy and if you don't enjoy it you have over 80 years worth of Bat-Stories to enjoy.
    Sounds about right to me!

It's true I don't think Supergirl treated CK ideally all the time, but look, we're getting a Superman show because of it for the first time since the '90s. That's not too bad with disrespect, and even if it is... there's always George Reeves.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

It's crazy that Elseworld comics sell like hot cakes. Put one on TV. THE WORLD IS GONNA END! THEY BUTCHERED MY FAVORITE CHARACTER! YOU SUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    It's crazy that Elseworld comics sell like hot cakes. Put one on TV. THE WORLD IS GONNA END! THEY BUTCHERED MY FAVORITE CHARACTER! YOU SUCK!
    I think this would be relevant to the "how much is fan expectation to blame" thread in the tv/film forum.(https://community.cbr.com/showthread...s-the-argument) It seems when it's tv or film, they expect to see their favorite comics and characters directly translated to the screen rather than understand that it's an adaptation and an Elseworlds.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I don't think they've been disgraced or anything. I like the Superman and Lois from the Arrowvise, almost as much as I like Smallville.

I think of these as Elseworld stories, just like the movies. If I wanted to see the same story over and over I would just reread the comics. I like the difference the shows have from the movies and comics. It's what keeps me on my toes, as I don't know what will happen.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Wow! A non psychotic healthy bruce who gave up futile, dangerous Vigilantism and actually started a life. How bad!!!!! /s
    Imagine how many lives could be improved by spending the money he spends on Bat-stuff on charitable endeavors? Maybe Gotham wouldn't have so much crime if it wasn't such a broken-down dystopian pest-hole of broken dreams and empty promises and wasted potential? Joker'd be like, 'What do you mean all my henchmen got *jobs*?'

People need to chill out. This is just one interpretation of the mythology. We are still getting Batman comics, we are still getting Batman focused animated movies and live action movies. Meanwhile, this is the only show that is focused on Kate Kane barring her handful of appearances in the Nu52 based animated movies.

Nobody is asking to turn the shows into another Superman or Batman story. We just asking to show the respect these characters have earned.

Supergirl and Batwoman wouldn't even exist without the popularity of those iconic superheroes.

For me this CW Superman has been ruined. You don't think so, well, I'm glad for you. I wish I was as tolerant. I don't see how I'm ever going to feel different and suddenly think he's awesome. I'll still check out the first couple of episodes to see if it doesn't suck like I feel it can.

BTW, I started watching Supergirl out of curiosity. She's after all his cousin. I liked it ok. Never liked how Superman was treated like this dumb superhero always failing and she saving the day. I wish he was never in it at all. But it was until the season 2 finale when I started to hate this show. They turned Superman into Kara's b!tch, IMO. Really hated when they made her even morally stronger than him. If you think that's fine and cool, well I have nothing else to say.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 05-21-2020 at 09:15 AM.

This might be shocking, but the Supergirl show was made for fans of Supergirl, not Superman. (I also disagree about him being Kara's B!tch- most of what people are upset about comes from what Clark said, but he's a super humble guy trying to build up his cousin - he's awesome there. His moral fortitude comes across tons better there than all the stuff that has happened in the comics and Snyder's JL movie where Clark becomes evil the second Lois dies - how many times have we seen that??)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-21-2020 at 10:22 AM.

Guest or ancillary heroes aren't often allowed to overshadow the so-called main hero. How often have comic or animation writers pushed the 'Batman is so much cooler than any other hero' narrative at the expense of other heroes?