Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Leinul Yu leaving the X-Men title...

He states on Twitter that his run on X-Men is ending and that he's taking a break.

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 12.19.00 AM.jpg

Oops I spelled his name wrong. Sorry.

Do you guys think after Swords of X there will be a reshuffle of writers and artist on the x-titles?

I wouldnt mind Pepe Larraz or Russell Dauterman on the main X-Men series.

But Larraz will probably need a break after the Swords of X event.

What do you guys think? What would you like to see?
    Last edited by CGAR; 05-23-2020 at 12:20 AM.

I don't think there's gonna be a reshuffle, especially not of writers. I think that if we're getting some big status-quo changing stuff, it's gonna be on the previously hinted on December event(that's definetely not gonna happen in December anymore, RIP).

Asrar may take Yu's place for a while again, at least Asrar drew Krakoa like an island covered with real vegetation lol.

Mighty Member

Let's hope we get somebody like Jim Lee on the main X-book.

Or some artist like X-Force artist.

I think an artist shuffle for some of the first wave books is likely , just because a year seems to be a pretty standard art-run length. but lots of the artists have been getting positive rec for their work so maybe they'll want to hang on. I hope To and Cassara stay

Yu did some great work and I'm excited to see his Empyre issues. If Asrar takes over I'll be psyched

I miss times where you could have the same (good) artist at least one year in a row, with no turn over, no guest artists.
    It's bad that Leinil is leaving when his work was getting better. But he's not my favorite, so I don't mind more than this.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'd like to thank God, the Academy, and Baby Jesus.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Great artist. He seems to bounce around a lot from one big thing to the next. I was bummed when he left the current Captain America book too, as he was the launch artist on that as well.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm hoping we get a combination of Asrar/Silva/Larraz/Buffagni team.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I forgot about Buffagni! Yes yes and yes please
    I feel like they're gonna save Silva and Larraz for important/special issues because they know we want it so bad
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 05-23-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Yu will be greatly missed. big fan of his work since his early days on wolverine OZT and UXM magneto war. i think issue #13 is his last one

I do believe Mahmud Asrar from his recent tweets will be taking over after X of swords event on X-Men title.

Sad to see Yu depart. It was a bit of a rough start in X-Men both story and art wise but it turned around completely for me by issue 3. Best wishes for Yu.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    Yu will be greatly missed. big fan of his work since his early days on wolverine OZT and UXM magneto war. i think issue #13 is his last one

I do believe Mahmud Asrar from his recent tweets will be taking over after X of swords event on X-Men title.
    X-Men Red's artist. Won't be complaining if that's true.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Great artist. He seems to bounce around a lot from one big thing to the next. I was bummed when he left the current Captain America book too, as he was the launch artist on that as well.
    Agreed. Been a fan of his artwork ever since he helped Erik Larsen reunite Logan with his adamantium...

Bye. This wasnt his best work. The fill in artists have been better

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I miss times where you could have the same (good) artist at least one year in a row, with no turn over, no guest artists.
    It's bad that Leinil is leaving when his work was getting better. But he's not my favorite, so I don't mind more than this.
    when was that? Because fill in artists have always been a thing. A 12 issue/12 month stint is quite rare
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-24-2020 at 11:07 AM.