Page 7 of 184 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

I need my MJ fix. Hope this cartoon gives me that.

Astonishing Member

I truly liked MJ as a Spider-Heroine, so I hope it will happen again. Something that nobody seems to have realized is that USM's MJ as Spider-Woman had traces from MC2's Spider-Girl, one of my favourites Spiders through the Spider-Verse and her own alternative future daugther. That's why I liked it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I truly liked MJ as a Spider-Heroine, so I hope it will happen again. Something that nobody seems to have realized is that USM's MJ as Spider-Woman had traces from MC2's Spider-Girl, one of my favourites Spiders through the Spider-Verse and her own alternative future daugther. That's why I liked it!!!
    Seconded, I couldn't have put it better myself.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, I think - that what was in the previous series is not that there are not many repeats itself. And she become member of team with other way, and with costume from Mangaverse. After all - Disney can give command add her in team. For more girl power!
    And idea with MJ with power from USM deserve comic book ongoing:
    http://community.comicbookresources....-in-the-comics

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Aren't we forgetting...

This needs a DVD release. At least put it back on Netflix.

All-New Member

I was disappointed to see that this would be another high school Spidey, even more so when seeing it would take cues from Dan Slott's run. Starting with Horizon Labs and the Big Time era would be a great reason to use adult Spidey, and I'd be really excited! As it is, the show still has plenty of potential, but I'll always feel that is a big missed opportunity.

The idea of Horizon High sounds very off-putting, as is the fact that Miles and Gwen's involvement has been revealed so early. They'd be more fitting as a one-off team up, but I'm afraid that being marketed now might mean they have a larger role.

So does Horizon High mean we get Sajani as the bully instead of Flash?

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    I was disappointed to see that this would be another high school Spidey, even more so when seeing it would take cues from Dan Slott's run. Starting with Horizon Labs and the Big Time era would be a great reason to use adult Spidey, and I'd be really excited! As it is, the show still has plenty of potential, but I'll always feel that is a big missed opportunity.

The idea of Horizon High sounds very off-putting, as is the fact that Miles and Gwen's involvement has been revealed so early. They'd be more fitting as a one-off team up, but I'm afraid that being marketed now might mean they have a larger role.
    Agreed I don't like this idea at all, but I'll still give the new series a chance.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Probably an unpopular opinion but I kinda wish this was a Gwen or Miles show instead. Not that I hate seeing another PP show but I kinda wish Marvel animation would give us something different and take risks.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    So does Horizon High mean we get Sajani as the bully instead of Flash?
    I wouldn't be surprised. She fits the type and would be similar to MCU Flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Probably an unpopular opinion but I kinda wish this was a Gwen or Miles show instead. Not that I hate seeing another PP show but I kinda wish Marvel animation would give us something different and take risks.
    Well, if they're not going to give us an actual back-to-basics Spider-Man cartoon, the least they can do is try something different like having Miles in the lead.

He's much more of a team guy then Peter generally is anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post

They're almost certainly regulars. Team-ups don't get you into the merchandise line, otherwise a ton of heroes would have merch for Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble.

Slott's involvement is not very encouraging to me (since I don't enjoy his take on the character). Having Miles and Spider-Gwen is something I could see backfiring and not what I would've hoped for (I wanted something more like the Peter Parker-era Ultimate Spider-Man comic that Bendis did).

But the show could be fun and at worse, even if it's not the setup we want, it could be interesting as another way to look at the characters. I have to admit that I'd be kind of curious to see Miles and Spider-Gwen as a couple in the series. And I really want to see Mary Jane Watson around, preferably dating Peter.

Spidey merch revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    Spidey merch revealed

If nothing else, I'm curious to see how these designs will translate to the look and feel of the series, as well as how they'll look in animation.