Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I like Siryn, but that lineup sounds...not as great as his New Mutants lineup. Magik, Wolfsbane, Rictor, and Boom Boom better have homes after the mini ends.
    Is Magik possibly staying on Xmen Gold? I would love to have Rosenberg write a team of Siryn, Warpath, Magik, Wolfsbane, Rictor, Boom Boom, Mirage (re-powered), Cannonball, Cyclops, Dazzler....

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Hard to say. If you go by the typical characters being used: Rockslide, Pixie, Armor and Anole are usually the big four that get used. Given his usage of hellion in PR one could take a look and say, he gave that character multiple lines across multiple issues.
    If Hellion is main character on whatever book this is, I’d add it to my subscription

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    We really need 2 books: New Mutants Gold and New Mutants Blue
    NM Blue, where Magik brings the teenage versions of Cannonball, Sunspot, Karma Dani and Rahne to the present.

BANNED

Just a theory, but there have been plenty of winks and nods to Rogue being on an X-team. And Mark Pannicia has made comments and liked tweets in relation to the return of Multiple Man. Current writer of Rogue & Gambit, Kelly Thompson, has said on numerous occasions that she'd love to write a team book with Rogue- she's also been vocal about her love for Madrox. Normally this wouldn't mean anything, but she also recently replied to a Tumblr ask stating that she'd "There was a minute there where I thought Matthew Rosenberg and I were going to team up on something but it didn’t work out timing/schedule-wise." Source: https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...riting-project

Is it possible this book is the very same X-book Matthew Rosenburg is writing? I think so. Also, I know Warpath was mentioned, but can we be sure that Rosenburg wasn't referring to an appearance in Phoenix Ressurection? He did show up across a few issues so that may rule him out in regards to this potential team.

If I'm right, that'd be:

• Rogue
    • Multiple Man
    • Siryn

This doesn't really align with any prior X-teams, but it's a strong start.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Every team should have a teleporter, so I'd say Pixie as the first one. Rosenberg likes using Dust (sparingly) and Hellion, so maybe those two will be in it. I personally would want Surge but that's just personal preference.
    You're not wrong. I'd love 616 Blink on this potential squad if we're to have a teleporter. I love Pixie, but I'm not sure she fits in here. Dust and/or Hellion would be wicked additions. Mercury too. Rockslide + Anole would be fun. And Shark Girl!
    Last edited by King_Thor13; 02-04-2018 at 02:21 AM.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that Siryn would really have a reason to team with Jamie again, as PAD seems to be the only writer that wants them on the same team and the two on the same team seems to only end very badly for Terry, and Pannicia's tweets and such might not amount to anything at all...

BANNED

Thanks to a tease from Mark Paniccia, we know Multiple Man is making a comeback. Matthew Rosenburg also retweeted the tweet (https://twitter.com/MarkPaniccia/sta...80748029227009)

Smells like X-FACTOR

I hope that Rosenberg will treat your favorite character better than he treated mine, in Phoenix Resurrection.

Jean became Phoenix the first time to save the X-Men, to save Scott. Then she saved the entire universe. Yeah, just that.
    Then she saved the future (Here comes tomorrow)

Yet Rosenberg made her say that she doesn't understand the purpose of the Phoenix, and that she shouldn't have called the Phoenix for help the first time ? That's so hilarious to read back Rosenberg's love letter from PR#1 now. He didn't get Jean. He didn't get her at all after all. And no writer should be proud of denying one of the best X-Men saga ever.

I sincerely wish fans better luck with their favs. I hope Rosenberg won't butch them in any way.

I'd LOVE a new X-factor book. Rosenberg seems to really love the cast. His NM mini is basically a mix of NM and X-factor anyway.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I have mixed feelings about Matthew Rosenberg as a writer after the very disappointing Phoenix Resurrection - we'll see how he fares with the New Mutants mini.

Regarding Madrox possibly returning - I'm all for it obviously but I think the X-office should refrain from killing characters for a while if their only purpose is to bring them back in their own event mini. This has become one of the worst gimmicks now, it's always happened clearly but I feel Marvel has been overusing it as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Did nobody catch this?

Matthew Rosenberg: Wind Dancer *might* appear in an upcoming thing I'm writing for a little bit. I'm not positive though.
    Source: https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...36465377054720
    So she might appear in:

-Dead Souls
    -Tales of Suspense
    -"New Unannounced X-Book"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I have mixed feelings about Matthew Rosenberg as a writer after the very disappointing Phoenix Resurrection - we'll see how he fares with the New Mutants mini.

Regarding Madrox possibly returning - I'm all for it obviously but I think the X-office should refrain from killing characters for a while if their only purpose is to bring them back in their own event mini. This has become one of the worst gimmicks now, it's always happened clearly but I feel Marvel has been overusing it as of late.
    My biggest problem with Madrox dying is that it continues to trend of Marvel being weak with X-Men continuity.
    There is a Madrox dupe who is a Prebysterian priest-reverend, married, with step sons. He was seen this decade, Hell Lord Guido left Rahne with Reverend Madrox after killing her son Tier.
    It is impossible for that dupe to have died in Muir island from terrigen mist poisoning since he lives his own life. That dupe should have become Madrox prime if all other Madroxes died. I don't expect him to be seen or be a plot point in the resurrection of Madrox.

I also think it would be a great idea to treat the current crisis in Venezuela if they are going to use Wind Dancer again. Perhaps she was put in jail due to protests or something like that. But it may be too political (and not even in an American way).

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I also think it would be a great idea to treat the current crisis in Venezuela if they are going to use Wind Dancer again. Perhaps she was put in jail due to protests or something like that. But it may be too political (and not even in an American way).
    How can the X-Men get too political? The very conception of a mutant is political.

But I would love for Sofia to get entangled in international affairs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    How can the X-Men get too political? The very conception of a mutant is political.

But I would love for Sofia to get entangled in international affairs.
    I would like to see DC and Marvel criticising Israel, Saudi Arabia and the western policy in the Middle East.
    The X-Men, maybe.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

This book is still not announced, right?

Wonder when we will hear more.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Saladin Ahmed talking eXiles. He was originally asked to pitch X-Factor, which he says "happened with a different writer along a different thread"

Evidence: https://youtu.be/G03g_oW9u2k?t=46m13s