Page 91 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1538
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Current rumor is that JJ Abrams will be rebooting both Superman and Green Lantern, and that these films, along with Suicide Squad, will be set in the same universe as Matt Reeves's The Batman. Earliest we would hear about any of this actually being true would be SDCC. If he had to pick between the two, I imagine he'd go with Superman, as it's a bigger brand and different from his previous film work. Still, imagining a GL hanging out with Pattinson Batman had me thinking of who'd be a good fit for the role. Someone whose name could help get the film financed and enhance its probability of success. The most obvious answer seems to be Michael B. Jordan-- International name recognition, an interest in geek properties, and about the same age and height as Pattinson.
    Marvel will resurrect Killmonger than let that happen.

Also Jordan has his own projects with Dark Horse going on-so he might not be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Marvel will resurrect Killmonger than let that happen.
    Marvel don't really care. The Suicide Squad sequel alone has multiple people from Marvel movies in it, and the only reason Dave Bautista wasn't in it was due to scheduling issues.

The rumor sounds fake, but Michael B. Jordan's involvement isn't the red flag.

What's everyone's thoughts about this HBO Max's Green Lantern news?

It looks like CBR feels it's a rob from John Diggle's big moment as John Stewart. You can read the article here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

It looks like CBR feels it's a rob from John Diggle's big moment as John Stewart. You can read the article here.
    My general thought at this point is ambivalence. I don't know anything about the show, except that Greg Berlanti is working on it, and I haven't enjoyed his work. Chances are I won't watch the show, because I don't plan on getting that HBO streaming service, and I don't watch any of these DC shows. Somehow, I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Or, to be a bit more fair, I just have no interest in pursuing them.

About how this may affect Diggle...I believe that had Green Lantern not had an embargo on it, the show runners would have specified the connection between John Stewart and John Diggle more explicitly, and would have taken advantage of it more. This whole time, I don't think WB knew what to do with GL, and went back and forth on whether they were or were not planning a film for it. The answer now seems to be "no." AT&T is in charge and they are interested in this streaming thing, so this show is probably just what Green Lantern fans are going to get. Like some other posters mentioned elsewhere, I would probably be more excited if the show was a 2D animation. I miss (good) action cartoons. They are very rare these days. And traditional hand drawn 2D ones are basically just not made anymore. Maybe I'm nuts, but I actually think the stuff from back in the 80s, like the Japanese OVA's, actually often look better than a lot of the digital stuff (and especially the 3D stuff) that you see today. Like Starlight Angel, for example. If I was to have a cartoon show done, if I could, I would love for it to go more in this direction. Nothing seems to do that anymore:

But now I'm talking about something different...
    Rather than worry about John Diggle, in particular, it will be interesting to see how or if John Stewart plays into this show. But, ultimately, I'm not especially interested at this point in the show.

I don't think here's something to rob to be honest. John Diggle is a standalone original character who wasn't meant to have anything to do with the Green Lanterns. If they want to retcon him into being John Stewart because of a popular fan theory, a GL show that won't come out until at least a year or two after Arrow ends won't take anything away from him. The GL show also won't be on the CW, so it's not like it's going to be another spin-off of Arrow where it has to acknowledge the characters and continuity of that universe. Plus, if HBO still wanted John Stewart for their show, it's not like anything would stop them from using him, it would just be a different version that won't have anything to do with the John Diggle character.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-02-2019 at 05:28 AM.

I'm inclined to think it'll center around a Lantern who isn't John Stewart.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    I'm inclined to think it'll center around a Lantern who isn't John Stewart.
    based on early rumors, they're looking to make Kyle the titular Green Lantern. John (and the other Lanterns) will likely show up but considering it's called Green Lantern and not Green Lanterns or Green Lantern Corps, I'd imagine they're gonna focus primarily on the one. If we're lucky, DC could use this to get a one up on Marvel by having this, then a Green Lantern Corps movie heavily featuring John and link them by having the movie characters and TV characters feature in each other's property; having the cross-medium connected universe that the MCU has been teasing but never fully delivered on.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Ultimate Member

Either it's yet ANOTHER place that can produce a decent black male (in this case John Stewart) since comics REFUSES to.

Or another place that is a love letter to a lantern NOT named John Stewart (or Simon).

BANNED

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    based on early rumors, they're looking to make Kyle the titular Green Lantern. John (and the other Lanterns) will likely show up but considering it's called Green Lantern and not Green Lanterns or Green Lantern Corps, I'd imagine they're gonna focus primarily on the one. If we're lucky, DC could use this to get a one up on Marvel by having this, then a Green Lantern Corps movie heavily featuring John and link them by having the movie characters and TV characters feature in each other's property; having the cross-medium connected universe that the MCU has been teasing but never fully delivered on.
    You forgetting the disney plus shows.
    Those shows will be fully connected to the mcu movies then the other mcu shows and some will come out next year before the green lantern show.
    The mcu shows that currently are the most connected to the mcu movies however are agent carter and aos.
    One of the Executive producer(s) of agent carter is Kevin Feige.

THREAD: MASTER LIST: ALL RUMORED MCU PROJECTS AFTER PHASE 4
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-after-Phase-4

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...u-Series/page2
    Last edited by mace11; 11-02-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Here some other talk about this.
    Green Lantern Reboot on HBOMax & Budget Concern [Discussion]

Extraordinary Member

The Green Lantern Series will FAIL?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    You forgetting the disney plus shows.
    Those shows will be fully connected to the mcu movies then the other mcu shows and some will come out next year before the green lantern show.
    The mcu shows that currently are the most connected to the mcu movies however are agent carter and aos.
    THREAD: MASTER LIST: ALL RUMORED MCU PROJECTS AFTER PHASE 4
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-after-Phase-4

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...u-Series/page2
    I completely spaced on the Disney+ announcements *smh* as for Agent Carter and Agents of Shield they were more connected than say Daredevil or Luke Cage but I don't feel they ever fully lived up to the whole interconnectivity angle they kept claiming. anyway, meh could still be a cool to see an interconnected Green Lantern/Green Lantern Corps franchise and it would be the most likely way we'd see John playing a big role in this Green Lantern show (imo)
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I completely spaced on the Disney+ announcements *smh* as for Agent Carter and Agents of Shield they were more connected than say Daredevil or Luke Cage but I don't feel they ever fully lived up to the whole interconnectivity angle they kept claiming. anyway, meh could still be a cool to see an interconnected Green Lantern/Green Lantern Corps franchise and it would be the most likely way we'd see John playing a big role in this Green Lantern show (imo)
    Edited above.
    Oh and in these links below is talk and videos about the current mcu connections for current shows and movies.
    There are explanations,videos etc.. why they never fully connected the way some folks wanted them to at the time etc..
    I think agent carter could be considered a fully connected mcu show but not on the level the upcoming disney plus shows will be.

Note-One of the Executive producer(s) of agent carter is Kevin Feige.

Connection talk.
    Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Part II
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Part-II/page30
    and
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Part-II/page31
    Last edited by mace11; 11-03-2019 at 03:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Updated talk below and check out the post from the new poster Vullein070 inside the link below.

THREAD: RUMOR: DC PREPARING A NEW SLATE OF SHOWS FOR HBO MAX
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...HBO-Max/page14