Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I expect Kindred to be finished before issue 50. Why? 1: Because a story arc can be ruined if it takes too long to end ( or for that matter too early). 2: Along the same vein, readers can start to lose interest, and that will affect sales. 3: Spencer has been successful at using villains in ASM, and I am sure he has more he is looking forward to using in a unique way. Just one ( Gibbon) went from an obscure character, to one who may be mentioned positively a Decade from now. I suspect Spencer has plans to see many of them between now and issue 50 instead of being bogged down with Kindred. The return of Doc Ock comes to mind, and I am sure will take a couple of issues, I would also like to see Mr. Negative return. This in addition to the baddies I mentioned before. Shocker, Scorpion and Rhino.
    On that note, I wouldn't be surprised if Superior Spider-Man ended the way it did to set up a Doctor Octopus arc.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

1 word: Gwenverine!!!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The issue where we finally find out who Kindred is?
    I think we'll find out who before that and #50 will be the culmination of the Kindred storyline, where he/she's plans come to a head.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    On that note, I wouldn't be surprised if Superior Spider-Man ended the way it did to set up a Doctor Octopus arc.
    He's coming back in force sometime in 2020, guaranteed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    He has two creator-owned books to get back to, maybe other Marvel things, and it's not his style to finish the main story and then continue a run with an all-new one like Slott. Plus the heavy shipping schedule. I give him 4 years max.
    I'm going to say he does five. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part because I'm enjoying his run so much but I can see him committing to five years on ASM, with the possibility of extending it past that when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I'm going to say he does five. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part because I'm enjoying his run so much but I can see him committing to five years on ASM, with the possibility of extending it past that when the time comes.
    I'm thinking five as well. Seems like a good time to tell the story, shake things up, and pass the baton.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Too far. You're talking two years: who knows if Spencer is still on by then?
    he only has one year so far
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Didn't realize until you mentioned it, but yeah if they continue double shipping this whole time, then #900 will come out in 2022, during Spidey's 60th anniversary (#700 was during his 50th anniversary, albeit just barely).

After just 40 issues it feels like Spencer's just barely scratched the surface on what he could do, which is why I believe at the very least he's gonna be sticking around for that 4year-100 issue time period. Plus I don't see him leaving unless another project comes up he absolutely wants to do but can't for whatever reason.
    Spider-Man more than other comics has a history and reputation for making milestones count.

25th Anniversary: Peter Parker gets married to MJ.
    30th Anniversary: Issue 365: Robotparents (which okay hasn't dated well but significant in its time).
    40th Anniversary: 2002 was the year in which the first Spider-Man movie released.
    50th Anniversary: Spider-Men first crossover between Peter and Miles Morales.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Spider-Man more than other comics has a history and reputation for making milestones count.

25th Anniversary: Peter Parker gets married to MJ.
    30th Anniversary: Issue 365: Robotparents (which okay hasn't dated well but significant in its time).
    40th Anniversary: 2002 was the year in which the first Spider-Man movie released.
    50th Anniversary: Spider-Men first crossover between Peter and Miles Morales.
    60th anniversary has to be big. They're already celebrating with Spider-Verse 2 so the comics are going to want to match the excitement.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    60th anniversary has to be big. They're already celebrating with Spider-Verse 2 so the comics are going to want to match the excitement.
    I am going to predict ASM #50 will remind readers of ASM #50 ( Original)!. It could involve Fisk, or it could be 'Spider-Man No More'. How? If Aunt May dies and Kindred turns out to be a Stacy ( especially George or Gwen). Maybe Pete takes a break for a couple of issues if that wiuld happen
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 11-08-2019 at 09:13 AM.

It's fun to speculate on what could happen, but it's also important to remember that we shouldn't be disappointed if it goes differently. It's too easy to set up arbitrary expectations.

Assuming Nick Spencer is on the book for #50 (sales and reviews are good so there's no reason to figure otherwise) there are a lot of things he could do.

Maybe it'll be the conclusion to the Kindred mega-arc.
    Maybe Kindred will be unmasked in #42 and defeated in #44, and the 50th issue will kick off a longer storyline involving Doctor Octopus.
    Maybe Kindred will be defeated in #49, and #50 will be a double-sized standalone dealing with the aftermath and setting up a new status quo.
    It could end up being something we don't see coming at all, and whatever that is could end up being really good.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's fun to speculate on what could happen, but it's also important to remember that we shouldn't be disappointed if it goes differently. It's too easy to set up arbitrary expectations.

Assuming Nick Spencer is on the book for #50 (sales and reviews are good so there's no reason to figure otherwise) there are a lot of things he could do.

Maybe it'll be the conclusion to the Kindred mega-arc.
    Maybe Kindred will be unmasked in #42 and defeated in #44, and the 50th issue will kick off a longer storyline involving Doctor Octopus.
    Maybe Kindred will be defeated in #49, and #50 will be a double-sized standalone dealing with the aftermath and setting up a new status quo.
    It could end up being something we don't see coming at all, and whatever that is could end up being really good.
    i would like a new status quo going forward
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spider-Zero comes to the 616 and gets to do something cool with Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Spider-Zero comes to the 616 and gets to do something cool with Peter

I haven't heard much chatter about that series, but what I have heard is good. I don't think Spencer will delve into the Spider-Verse (he's kept it relatively grounded surprisingly) but I could see the other characters showing up.