Page 104 of 139 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2072
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Liven View Post
    If you can show me where I posted that all editorial meddling is wrong and should be undone, I'll answer this question.
    I was simply saying that if editorial was the reason for the change, it was not what the creators had intended.
    Whoops!
    I read that as your implied statement as well, and missed the second post where you clarified. Often I reply to older posts as I try to read from beginning to end.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GSwarthout View Post
    Who is Namor?
    The original aquaman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The drop off is purely because BvS is not a "feel good" movie like GotG. It wasn't the kind of movie that people go to see over and over again. And, you know what? WB should have known it would be that way. I mean, look at this depressing movie!

Still good, just not feel good.
    Bad word of mouth didn't help. The movie was very flawed and too long. It had pacing problems, horrible dialog and a confusing plot even for comic fans, never mind the casual audience.
    They can't even sell the toys based on this movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    Exactly my point.

Take the exact story, plot, production and budget of BvS and change the names of the characters and movie title, it makes a fraction of what BvS made if it's lucky.
    Yeah, that is very likely. Now, whether this cut was the 'vision' Snyder wanted on the screen, the fact is this is the one that has been burned into everyone's mind.
    It did good box office, but, really, the concept should have been a license to print money.
    Bad word of mouth killed the momentum after the opening weekend.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    Again, I'm not saying it guarantees success, but call Star Trek Nemesis something else with different character names and it makes less than half that.
    I doubt if it would have made enough money to pay craft services.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Heheh yeah and how well do those reboots do? People in general are usually apathetic or hate them. Sequels are different but even then a series like Starwars is always shuffling in new main characters to stay fresh.
    People in general didn't hate the Star Trek reboot, though.
    Or the Batman reboot.
    Man of Steel was divided, I'll give you that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post

Well, because unlike Batman vs Superman, the Dark Knight Rises is a fun and awesome movie.
    Yeah, I never got the hate that Rises gets from comic fans. The general audience enjoyed it, and, you know, it hits all the right notes as a fun summer blockbuster.
    Man of Steel did the same thing.
    BVS, though...it wasn't even coherent half the time. Say what you will about Transformers, at least it made sense and had actors that put in effort to actually want to act.
    With the exception of Eisenberg, Affleck and Irons, the cast was more wooden than a Sequoia.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Thrust View Post
    Bad word of mouth didn't help. The movie was very flawed and too long. It had pacing problems, horrible dialog and a confusing plot even for comic fans, never mind the casual audience.
    They can't even sell the toys based on this movie.
    Probably because they didn't even bother to try and aim this at younger audiences at all. Apparently DC has an aversion to trying to appeal to kids and adults at the same time. Something more along the lines of the tone of the The Incredibles would be a welcome change.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I never got the hate that Rises gets from comic fans. The general audience enjoyed it, and, you know, it hits all the right notes as a fun summer blockbuster.
    BVS, though...it wasn't even coherent half the time. Say what you will about Transformers, at least it made sense and had actors that put in effort to actually want to act.
    With the exception of Eisenberg, Affleck and Irons, the cast was more wooden than a Sequoia.
    C'mon now you just named most of the main cast and Cavill's performance trumps any performance in a Transformers movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I doubt BvS is going to be in theaters 3 months, except maybe some of the $1 theaters in the seedy parts of towns.
    Okay that was funny I'll give you that. But most likely not true.

BANNED

Batman v Superman is a really interesting movie, it's so unbelievably bad that it makes Man of Steel seem better. It's so dark, depressing, and self-serous that it makes Man of Steel look light and happy. Didn't think this movie would make me wish for a return to Man of Steel.

And dear god, Batman v Superman is the worst put together big movie I've ever seen in my life; scene places almost never matters. You could shuffle around almost any scene in the opening 40 minutes of the movie and it wouldn't matter. You could move scenes from the middle of the movie to the beginning and it wouldn't matter. This movie had something like 35 minutes cut, and you could drop almost everything before the party scene and it wouldn't matter. Who the hell could a movie with this much fat have 35 minutes of footage that was deemed unnecessary?

Come on, we all know that the reason of why people go to watch the Transformers movies is for things like this:

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Batman V Superman has passed the $850 million worldwide mark. It will be interesting to see where it goes from this mark. It will likely end between $860-880 million by the time its done.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Since I've been gone, and wasnt following the thread from the start, and don't really feel like going through some many pages at this moment yet...

Did anyone find it bizarre that Lex just because the Joker at the end, and they gave him Killing Joke stuff? Like, they didn't just give him Joker stuff, the direction seems to have been: Now act like you are the Joker here.

Did anymore think it was weird how this whole movie is about how much Superman hates doing superhero stuff? Was anyone else laughing and completely confused when the movie enter a 12 Labors of Superman montage where Superman is doing all this awesome stuff, and it plays sad and depressing?

Did anyone think it was a weird choice to make this Superman movie all about how everyone hates Superman? Everyone hates Superman so much that the movie actually takes Batman literally being powered by Gothem to fight Superman from The Dark Knight Returns, and gives it to Doomsday and Metropolis. In this movie about how the people of Metropolis hate Superman, the city of Metropolis is used to give rise to Doomsday. And if everyone hates Superman so much, who the hell build the giant monument to him?

Did anyone find it hilarious how crazy they went with the Jesus in this movie? They doubled down on it, they made Man of Steel look subtle. And the balls on this movie; there's a scene, in this movie that doubles down on Superjesus, where a talking head on the news says the Jesus stuff isn't really there, it's just people reading into things they're seeing that aren't here...it's so bizarre, and weird, and madding, and funny in ways I don't think it's meant to be.

Did anyone think it was weird when Batman dragged Superman like he (Batman) was Jesus and Superman was a cross, and then Batman through Superman down floor into a cross pose, and then jumped down and further put Superman in a Christ pose? What the hell was that even meant to mean?

Did anyone find it weird that Batman made a spear to fight Superman Jesus but didn't stab him in the side? If the movie isn't doing to have Batman stab Superman in the side with his spear, why is that the weapon the movie gave him? Seems pretty impractical, seems like the kind of thing that's only there for symbolism, symbolism the movie doesn't ever get to. Oh, more on the spear. Did anyone find it weird that this very Greek look spear wasn't ever used by Wonder Woman? I mean, when I first saw the spear I was like: Well, Batman is stabbing Superman in the side, and Wonder Woman will be fighting Doomsday with this. But either of those happened.

Did anyone find in completely batshit insane that this depressing, super self serous movie resolved it's titular conflict with something that could only (maybe) have played if the whole movie was tonally like Batman: Brave and the Bold or Superfriends?

Did anyone find it weird that Lex's big plan to get Batman to kill Superman wasn't something that affect Batman ever? Lex just lucked out with Batman wanting to kill Superman for his own reasons.

Did anyone find it funny when the scene directly after the senate bombing meant to frame Superman was a news report about how Superman hadn't nothing at all to do with the attack, that it was actually a bomb on wheelchair guy. But then later there were talking head on the news questioning if he had something to do with it, like they accidentally put the scenes in the wrong order.

Did anyone else get a laugh out of how the movie went out of its way to tell you there weren't people around after Man of Steel?

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

^ You pose a lot of questions, but don't use a lot of question marks.